Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    do mustangs have a4's? or a5's?
    a5's i think

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Ya a m5 and a5 are standard but the new one will sport a new m6 and i believe a new a6

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

The new one is definitly gonna be fast and finally. The N/A 5.0 with the amount of power its putting out is gonna be to me faster then the Camaro and for sure the Challenger SRT. I think the weight will play a huge factor since it will be lighter then the Camaro and no doubt compared to the challenger especially since there pretty much keeping the same body style. At 412-416 HP it should pull about 350 RWHP atleast and once modded up as expected that will be very difficult to beat since they will most likely pick up a good amount of power with aftermarket mods unless you have a cam and full bolt ons as far as the LS1 cars like mine, i dont think ill stand a chance against a basic bolt ons LS1. I have to admit though i still love my Z28 and once i put on my LT's i should be about 355-360 RWHP and maybe i wont beat a modded 2011 stang but hopefully i can give a stock one a good run atleast till he puts some mods, lol.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

well hopefully gm will release a new gen of motors, seeing that we already have an LS1,2,3,4,6,7,& 9. unless thier planning on an LS5 or 8 the camaro shouldnt be behind for TOO long..

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

well hopefully gm will release a new gen of motors, seeing that we already have an LS1,2,3,4,6,7,& 9. unless thier planning on an LS5 or 8 the camaro shouldnt be behind for TOO long..
    Nothing wrong with the ones out now, the focus needs to be on lightening the chassis up. It won't happen but what are they going to do scrap a 430hp motor and make a new 500hp standard in all v8 cars?

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Nothing wrong with the ones out now, the focus needs to be on lightening the chassis up. It won't happen but what are they going to do scrap a 430hp motor and make a new 500hp standard in all v8 cars?
    agreed but todays new car buyers arent going to give up the 16 speaker sound systems, 32' hi def widescreen gps', and a shitton of airbags that even come out of the damn seatbelts

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

agreed but todays new car buyers arent going to give up the 16 speaker sound systems, 32' hi def widescreen gps', and a shitton of airbags that even come out of the damn seatbelts
    the idiots who demand all that shit in their new camaros aren't buying the right car in the first place. Hell I didn't buy my Z28 for surround sound or a hi def screen, I wanted a fast a car with a v8 that doesn't feel like a tank around the corners...I feel the new camaro has kinda screwed that up with all the extra weight and shit. Don't get me wrong though, I still see them as sex on wheels

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by LeadFarmer View Post
    the idiots who demand all that shit in their new camaros aren't buying the right car in the first place. Hell I didn't buy my Z28 for surround sound or a hi def screen, I wanted a fast a car with a v8 that doesn't feel like a tank around the corners...I feel the new camaro has kinda screwed that up with all the extra weight and shit. Don't get me wrong though, I still see them as sex on wheels
    i concur sir

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

05-10 Mustang GTs have either an A5 or an M5. 2011 GTs will have an A6 or M6.

Concur with there being nothing wrong with the 2010 Camaro SS powerplant (the LS3 is awesome, and should still be superior in most ways to the new 5.0). However, the main problem with the Camaro - as stated - is its weight. No easy way to fix that anytime soon, so GM will have to add more HP (which is getting a little nuts).

Black
    1999 WS6

I have no doubt in my mind that you will have no problem against the 2010GT. Let us know when you race his spolied ass so we can all congratulate you on the kill.
    Keep in mind, he will go to mommy and daddy for some serious mods when you kick his ass though.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Agreed. Tromp him and get it on vid and post it. Remember to tell him that he cant beat you with his mouth when he no doubt will try to back out when the time comes to race.
    It's not how fast you can go. It's how fast you can get there.

Follow us at www.facebook.com/RGCustoms

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by kevnstac View Post
    I have no doubt in my mind that you will have no problem against the 2010GT. Let us know when you race his spolied ass so we can all congratulate you on the kill.
    Keep in mind, he will go to mommy and daddy for some serious mods when you kick his ass though.
    lol this is exactly what i'm afraid of. There's shit all over his facebook about how he's getting a roush supercharger for his birthday. so i def. gotta get him done with before then and ya i'll be sure to post a vid when it happens

Black
    1999 WS6

lol this is exactly what i'm afraid of. There's shit all over his facebook about how he's getting a roush supercharger for his birthday. so i def. gotta get him done with before then and ya i'll be sure to post a vid when it happens
    I wouldn't be too scared of the Roushcharger, at least the M90. I had a 2007Stage 3 and it was pretty fast, but still a good run for our cars. That might actually make it interesting if you ask me.
    Now if he upgrades to the TVS, that may be another story. I surely wouldn't offer a rematch....

Good Luck and keep us posted.

1998 Trans Am

what a pompous spoiled little prick, that pisses me off

lol at him and call him stupid for putting a roush charger on the shitty 281ci motor, (be sure to say 281cubic inch motor he might get mad and say "WTF no its a 4.6liter!" then facepalm) say the charger was meant for the DOHC 4valve mach/svt motors, and make him feel like a ricer.

edit: by that time he will be mindfucked and totally psyched out
    Last edited by justinmc978; 01-24-2010 at 10:35 AM.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

I agree not to worry to much. If the kid cant drive good now, more power isnt gonna help. Just be careful that he doesnt turn sideways and run into you. Seen it happen with inexperienced drivers who dont know their cars. Then its no good for anyone. Then again you could just install an sts turbo on yours and not worry about him for a long time!

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

I was doing some searching the other day and apparently the reason ford is doing the new 5.0 is that thew current mustang doesnt meet the 2012 safety standards like the challenger and camaro do. So it appears that fo 2012 the mustang will be putting on weight just like the latter 2. Do some googling and the articles should pop up. Hopefully well only have one year stang to worry about lol. I've got full bolt ons now and if I cant atleast keep up with a new gt stock I'll be lookin for a stall!!

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by redbird555 View Post
    I was doing some searching the other day and apparently the reason ford is doing the new 5.0 is that thew current mustang doesnt meet the 2012 safety standards like the challenger and camaro do. So it appears that fo 2012 the mustang will be putting on weight just like the latter 2. Do some googling and the articles should pop up. Hopefully well only have one year stang to worry about lol. I've got full bolt ons now and if I cant atleast keep up with a new gt stock I'll be lookin for a stall!!
    okay because this hasnt been done here yet:

2010 stock GT: 315hp 3533lbs

1998-2002 Z28 mild mods(if any) 350hp <3500lbs

torque aside (which the camaro obviously has more of with 1.1 more liters) we still win hp:weight ratios, unless hes small and your a fat ass

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by redbird555 View Post
    That is incorrect. The next major chassis upgrade to the Mustang will be ~2014.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

okay because this hasnt been done here yet:

2010 stock GT: 315hp 3533lbs

1998-2002 Z28 mild mods(if any) 350hp <3500lbs

torque aside (which the camaro obviously has more of with 1.1 more liters) we still win hp:weight ratios, unless hes small and your a fat ass
    He was referring to the 2011 GT.....the one with 412 HP @ 390 lb/ft torque weighing 3603 lbs.

Might want to re-run that math.

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    He was referring to the 2011 GT.....the one with 412 HP @ 390 lb/ft torque weighing 3603 lbs.

Might want to re-run that math.
    2011 mustang isnt out yet, we're talking about the old 4.6

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information