Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Since no one seemed to read my comment I will say it again sticky tires on a stock stall is going to make you bog.

black
    2002 firebird trans am

better street tires if sticky tires wont work with stock stall.

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Since no one seemed to read my comment I will say it again sticky tires on a stock stall is going to make you bog.
    sorry *noob* what exactly do you mean by bog? and as far as tires go i'm not planning on anything too sticky since I use it for DD, i'm planning on picking up a pair of proxes in a few months

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by LeadFarmer View Post
    sorry *noob* what exactly do you mean by bog? and as far as tires go i'm not planning on anything too sticky since I use it for DD, i'm planning on picking up a pair of proxes in a few months
    When you hit the gas the motor rpm's will drop from lack of power to turn the dr's. It killed my 60'
    lca relocation brackets
    torque arm

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

When you hit the gas the motor rpm's will drop from lack of power to turn the dr's. It killed my 60'
    lca relocation brackets
    torque arm
    thanks for the warning, never thought that would be an issue (due to my lack of experience/mechanical knowledge). If i got 3.73s then sticky tires would i still run the risk of bogging?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by LeadFarmer View Post
    thanks for the warning, never thought that would be an issue (due to my lack of experience/mechanical knowledge). If i got 3.73s then sticky tires would i still run the risk of bogging?
    You would need a stall gears only put you in the power band faster. How much money do you have, is it worth over 1/2 a grand just to beat someone? The mods I listed will get you 13flat if not high 12's.

black
    1998 Camaro Z/28

Yes the DR's will cause you to bog. You need to be launching at a higher rpm to take advantage of the DR's and the stock stall will not allow that. The moment you hit the gas, the car will bog down and it will cost you some time. DR's work with a stall.
    Last edited by 98Hardtop; 01-18-2010 at 05:24 AM. Reason: wrong word.

09 Vulcan 900 custom.
    2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
    1998 Z/28 Hardtop A4 | Y2K wheels | SLP Lid | Magnaflow catback |cutout | Hotchkis LCA'S/PHB | BMR TA and D/S Loop| Tuned by Frost....300rwhp/308rwtq

97 Cobra- bolt ons | full exhaust| 4.30's| suspension | SCT tune- sold!

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

I read your comment, and simply ignored it, but now that you are bringing it back up, could you 'splain somethin to me please? Great. Picture this...

You're at the line....one foot on the brake, perhaps the other foot on the gas. You've got the engine rpm sitting at ~1000. Yellow lights come down. At the perfect moment, you let off the brake while simultaneously mashing full throttle on the gas. You have good tires and they don't spin at all....

At this point, given that we're talking about an A4 and not an M6, how on God's green earth do the rpm go DOWN?

LeadFarmer....come to this forum for entertainment, but don't get tech advice here - the "A4 bogging" is the perfect illustration why. At the VERY LEAST go to the tech forums on this sight, and if you're serious, I'd go to the site I recommended earlier in this thread.

black
    1998 Camaro Z/28

What Bob said on LS1tech.com There is a ton more people that actively post and a wealth of knowledge there plus a plethora of quick cars running sub 9's. They can point you in the right direction.

silver
    2002 ws6

drag radials causing you to bog is one of the silliest things i've heard in a while. spinnin aint winnin.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

In fairness, you can certainly bog an M6....but an auto???

One other quick point...once again in all fairness....there certainly are knowledgeable and fast folks on this site, I just think that for 'how to go fast' tech, you can do better over there.

black
    1998 Camaro Z/28

An auto will bog on the line if you have a stock stall, 2.73 gear and a DR depending on the launch. There is a thread on LS1tech that talks about that. One way to change that like I said before is a stall or even changing the gears will help to a 3.42 or 3.73.

This guy is one
    http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/nitrou...ite-plz-2.html
    Last edited by 98Hardtop; 01-18-2010 at 07:19 AM.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

take a look tru this link
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61330
    the best thing you can do is go to the track and get seat time and just try new stuff till you find what works for you

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by 98Hardtop View Post
    An auto will bog on the line if you have a stock stall, 2.73 gear and a DR depending on the launch. There is a thread on LS1tech that talks about that. One way to change that like I said before is a stall or even changing the gears will help to a 3.42 or 3.73.

This guy is one
    http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/nitrou...ite-plz-2.html
    That does not answer my question above about how an A4 can "bog". So long as you floor the gas, with an automatic - even with a stock converter - the rpm is NOT going to drop down when you release the brake.

Now...certainly a stock converter can result in a very lazy launch, as a tight stock converter won't allow the engine to get into the meat of the powerband quick enough to produce good 60 fts....but that is not a "bog".

I would add that if you spin off the line, allowing the rpm to climb, then the tires get traction, that could be considered a "bog". But if I have a sticky tire that prevents the tires from spinning, then this "bog" scenario never takes place - hence my point.

There is, however, some good info about adding a looser converter with 2.73 gears in that thread.

Concur with 01 T/A.

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

ight cool, thanks for the help guys i'll be sure to check out ls1tech

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Good luck to ya!

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

my friend should be back from A&M in a month, I'll be sure to let yall kno how stuff goes, we'll both prob put up a vid of it too except his will be up on svtperformance.com

black
    1998 Camaro Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Now...certainly a stock converter can result in a very lazy launch, as a tight stock converter won't allow the engine to get into the meat of the powerband quick enough to produce good 60 fts....but that is not a "bog".

I would add that if you spin off the line, allowing the rpm to climb, then the tires get traction, that could be considered a "bog". But if I have a sticky tire that prevents the tires from spinning, then this "bog" scenario never takes place - hence my point.
    Maybe that is the term I should be using.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    I read your comment, and simply ignored it, but now that you are bringing it back up, could you 'splain somethin to me please? Great. Picture this...

You're at the line....one foot on the brake, perhaps the other foot on the gas. You've got the engine rpm sitting at ~1000. Yellow lights come down. At the perfect moment, you let off the brake while simultaneously mashing full throttle on the gas. You have good tires and they don't spin at all....

At this point, given that we're talking about an A4 and not an M6, how on God's green earth do the rpm go DOWN?

LeadFarmer....come to this forum for entertainment, but don't get tech advice here - the "A4 bogging" is the perfect illustration why. At the VERY LEAST go to the tech forums on this sight, and if you're serious, I'd go to the site I recommended earlier in this thread.
    Me and another person have tried this and that is what happened. Go piss off vonskee
    Last edited by c5z28; 01-18-2010 at 12:03 PM.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

ROFLOL.

Ahhhh.....this is what keeps me coming back to this forum!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information