Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

New vehicle shopping

We are starting to think of selling our Durango and yes it has a Hemi and maybe buying a new Dodge Ram or Ford F150 FX4 4X4 What are these vehicle go for in the US fully loaded except leather new, demo or 2008 area with low mileage 20 000 miles

Approximate prices would ne nice my wife would love an Aspen with Hemo or a new Durango with Hemi so if you know anything on these I would appreciate it since the free trade I can go and buy in the US with no duties just 176 bucks for transfer fee's

Thanks

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Check out autotrader. Usually have some decent listings.

2011 Prius

My stepdad has a loaded out 2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4 Hemi for sale, check the forsale section.

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Im a big fan of Ram's.
    I have a 99 Dodge ram 1500, got hit in the rear at 55 mph by a ford f150, totaled out the f150 and the guy had to goto the hospital and all the dodge needed was a new rear bumper and tow hitch.
    Runs strong, little heavy to play in the mud but does decent..
    Just my 02.
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

Impounded
    gmcheviac

same thing happened to our '03 Ram. One ton dually diesel crew crew cab 4x4 with a big deer catcher rear ended it at 45, dented the bumper. Didn't et a new one because that dude had stolen plates and insurance, the police officer was about to leave his shift and said we didn't need an accident report... Second time was a corolla at 60. his airbags were blown of course and the engine was basically in his lap. We thought he was dead, ko'd for a couple minutes. That time the bed bumper the cab and scratched the paint. New bumper too. Both times we could barely feel it, was just like what was that. '03 quad cab 4.7 2wd. It was the biggest pos ever other than safety though. The limited slip that blows up for everyone did 5 times under warranty, then started whining right before we dumped it on trade in. 4.7 and no towing... Heater core exploded aswell. Whole bunch of other stuff aswell

Quick Silver
    2002 Z06

I find it hard to really put much faith in Chrysler these days. All the financial issues aside. They have a Horrible warranty and VERY poor gas mileage. My dad has an 01 1500 with the 5.9. It is literally falling apart. It has just over 100k. Its had a rear end and tranny. Heater core went out and you have to remove the entire thing plastic dash that falls apart when you do that. Also his paint on the roof and hood is down to primer like half the other dodges on the road with that year.

Then you start talking about the ball joints and front wheel bearings. Jeez that truck has been a mess.

If you google chrysler there are TONS of complaints and issues out there.

I grew up being a chrysler fan but now I have fully switched to GM.

Slow Passenger Window - Want Passenger Express Down - Tired of Replacing DayTime Running Light Bulbs

Camaro Owners Click Here
    Firebird Owners Click Here

Need instructions to replace your F-Body window motor?
    www.AutoTrix.net

01 modded gtp

Quote Originally Posted by gnomee View Post
    I find it hard to really put much faith in Chrysler these days. All the financial issues aside. They have a Horrible warranty and VERY poor gas mileage. My dad has an 01 1500 with the 5.9. It is literally falling apart. It has just over 100k. Its had a rear end and tranny. Heater core went out and you have to remove the entire thing plastic dash that falls apart when you do that. Also his paint on the roof and hood is down to primer like half the other dodges on the road with that year.

Then you start talking about the ball joints and front wheel bearings. Jeez that truck has been a mess.

If you google chrysler there are TONS of complaints and issues out there.

I grew up being a chrysler fan but now I have fully switched to GM.
    haha my mom had an 01 durango r/t and it had the same problems. The fuckin heater core went 2 fuckin times haha what a P.O.S that thing was but it was awesome in snow

Impounded
    gmcheviac

We had a '00? Dakota and two first gen Durangos... Can't forget the front end problems they have..

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

I know itll seem like im saying this because im a perceived "ford" guy around here, but the ford really is the better truck. Yeah the new Ram looks sharp, but chryslers really are pieces of shit. If you like endless visits to the dealer over the same problems then by all means buy a Dodge. Theres gonna be that select few that will tell you they have no problems at all and the trucks are great but they are the rare example. theres entire websites dedicated to how much chrysler sucks

Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar

Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

I have nothing but love for Dodge trucks honestly. My buddy has had his 02 Dakota since high school and it's still going strong making several trips between Florida (where he goes to college), NC (where he lives), and Pennsylvania (where most of his fam is at) per year. No problems out of it.

My dad has an 04 Ram 1500 that he bought brand new. Gave it its first brake job last week. Other than that all he's had to replace on it is tires and it just broke 97k miles.

I still would take a GM truck over a Chrysler if you put them side by side and said "take
    one" but honestly, I would be happy with either I think. The new Ram does look pretty badass IMO with the new front end. Especially on the 2500 and 3500.

2011 Prius

While I would buy a GM, because it's a better daily truck for me. I would want one to drive daily, and to be a smooth ride. But Dodge and Ford both make better work truck. I can't talk on the later Fords, as we don't have one But our 08 Ram, has 35,000 miles and has had no problems at all.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    While I would buy a GM, because it's a better daily truck for me. I would want one to drive daily, and to be a smooth ride. But Dodge and Ford both make better work truck. I can't talk on the later Fords, as we don't have one But our 08 Ram, has 35,000 miles and has had no problems at all.

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    No it's not allot... But that's allot of miles for an 08... Only problem we had for it, was the Dodge dealer did not tighten the Oil Filter, but we noticed that really damn fast....

Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar

Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    Hmm... I can't speak from experience, but I'd think it would be the other way around. The new Dodge should be a better ride but worse for work than GM or Ford considering the recent switch to coil spring suspention.

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBornThriller View Post
    Hmm... I can't speak from experience, but I'd think it would be the other way around. The new Dodge should be a better ride but worse for work than GM or Ford considering the recent switch to coil spring suspention.
    08 is the old body style, not the new 09.

Black

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by EnjoiJoe View Post
    haha my mom had an 01 durango r/t and it had the same problems. The fuckin heater core went 2 fuckin times haha what a P.O.S that thing was but it was awesome in snow
    I agree before 2004 the dodge trucks and suv were pretty bad but since the Hemi they are bullet proof. I have 75 000 miles on my Durango and I have yet put anything on it but 2 sway bar bushing and we have awful roads and 3 to 4 feet of snow is a mild winter

If I could afford it I would buy the new Tundra crew max
    Last edited by Durango; 12-21-2009 at 06:10 AM.

Black

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    I know itll seem like im saying this because im a perceived "ford" guy around here, but the ford really is the better truck. Yeah the new Ram looks sharp, but chryslers really are pieces of shit. If you like endless visits to the dealer over the same problems then by all means buy a Dodge. Theres gonna be that select few that will tell you they have no problems at all and the trucks are great but they are the rare example. theres entire websites dedicated to how much chrysler sucks
    You are very lucky with your Ford Google ford f150 rear end my nephew has a 2007 4x4 on it's 3rd rear end but nice ridind truck I guess that the 2009 has a beefier rear

Thread Information