Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    Hrmm.... I don't agree with this statement.
    I tripped and fell on some beer..... maybe a case That statement sucks Not all imports are junk, yours certainly are not but most of them do

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    I have a eye doctor appt at 12pm at Janesville Mall (Lenscrafters) for my contacts but gonna drive the Maro.......Have no clue when you get done with work but wouldn't mind meeting up and shooting the shit.
    Hey sorry about not getting back to you last night. Was dead tired and wanted to crash. I am on vacation all week. Me and my wife are going to Milwaukee today and MIGHT stay up there till thursday. I will be on later to check my email and chat with ya.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    Hey sorry about not getting back to you last night. Was dead tired and wanted to crash. I am on vacation all week. Me and my wife are going to Milwaukee today and MIGHT stay up there till thursday. I will be on later to check my email and chat with ya.
    DAMN RAIN!!! Can't drive the Maro if I wanted to. No prob on last night, it happens. Have fun in Milwaukee, don't do anything I wouldn't do

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Where you staying in Milwaukee? I always wanted some c6 rims

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

DAMN RAIN!!! Can't drive the Maro if I wanted to. No prob on last night, it happens. Have fun in Milwaukee, don't do anything I wouldn't do
    We drove my truck, or would have been the wifes malibu. She wanted to drive, just got her rims and tint done and I must say it looks pretty damn good. Crappy weather for the vette. Still have a little fun in my truck.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Where you staying in Milwaukee? I always wanted some c6 rims
    Lol were staying at the ambassador.

Arctic White, red/gray

Lol were staying at the ambassador.
    Too bad, you brought the truck lol.

white
    02 SS

In all actuallity if I was to get a 4 valve it would be a Mach 1! They have slightly better cams from the Navigator. They also run at higher compression which is 10.1 opposed to the Termi 8.1-8.5. The Machs also come with the 8.8in rearend. Which yes it is more of an outdated design compared to the IRS on the Cobra, but when you start posting up big numbers you have to worry about axlehop, getting drag bags, and heavy duty stub axles. It all boils down to when you take that supercharger off the Cobra it is probably somewhere near the GT output. Just my 2 cents.

NBM
    2001 CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    Not much out there can take a well driven LS1, in the same class anyway. But Ford got it right with the 03-04 Cobra. It was a last ditch effort to actually beat the camaro cuz weve kicked its ass since they were introduced.

But yeah. a pulley and exhaust and theyll rape your ass

One thing to consider is price.....Termis are expensive as shit, and you can pick up a good LS1 for 10k
    This Cobra has a pulley ,exhaust' 4:10's with solid axle conversion, drag wheels and slicks.

My camaro has a 5.3 engine and trans ,out of a suburban, stock converter, ls1 intake SLP long tubes, 4.10's and a 75hp shot wet kit.

The cobra barley edges me out in the 1/4 but we were only racing the 1/8'th because on the spray my a4 wont shift into 3rd gear without letting off the accelerator.
    The cobra went an 11.9 ish and my car went a 12.02 @ 111mph

Last edited by maxwax; 11-24-2009 at 04:52 PM.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by maxwax View Post
    This Cobra has a pulley ,exhaust' 4:10's with solid axle conversion, drag wheels and slicks.

My camaro has a 5.3 engine and trans ,out of a suburban, stock converter, ls1 intake SLP long tubes, 4.10's and a 75hp shot wet kit.

The cobra barley edges me out in the 1/4 but we were only racing the 1/8'th because on the spray my a4 wont shift into 3rd gear without letting off the accelerator.
    The cobra went an 11.9 ish and my car went a 12.02 @ 111mph
    Something ain't right that Cobra then. Driver, wheel hop, tune, or etc...
    They run right around 12.2-12.4 here (5800 feet) with those mods.

A friend has one that is still on the IRS, headers, ported/pullied stock blower, not sure of gears, E-85....11.63 I believe at 122MPH. M6 car.

NBM
    2001 CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Something ain't right that Cobra then. Driver, wheel hop, tune, or etc...
    They run right around 12.2-12.4 here (5800 feet) with those mods.

A friend has one that is still on the IRS, headers, ported/pullied stock blower, not sure of gears, E-85....11.63 I believe at 122MPH. M6 car.
    I guess an 11.96 would be about right then, b/c there was no wheel hop in the vid, he has no aftermarket headers, IDK about the extent of his tune.

black
    1993 mustang

look like the cobra left late and still caught and pass! both cars can be monsters. run what u brung and hope its enough!!

Awaiting Activation
    03-04 Cobra is a badass car but you pay for it. LS1 is cheaper to build faster if you take the price of the car into play Cobras get fast for cheap but then they even out. You can get around 500 rwhp for cheap but then shit gets expensive really quick. LS1 wins everytime:

A: Cheaper to build
    B: See above
    C: More displacement
    D: Arguement ended

I will own a Cobra some day and have already started shopping for one But they will never beat a LS1 in the long run just like a LS1 won't beat a big block in the long run......its called displacement
    A buddy of mine here in NC bought a second 03 Labor Day of the same year a 10th Anniversary for his wife for $27k brand new at Brandon Ford. I almost traded in my 03 with 16k miles on it but the thought of crawling back up under that thing and installing another set of headers and a gear swap in the IRS put a stop to that thought.

I did all his mods including a KB on his 03. I put the exhaust on his wife's 03, CAI, chip and 2.83 pulley and it made 460 plus rwhp SAE. Tell me where you can buy a brand new car and for less than $1k get almost 550 HP at the crank. And we are talking bullet proof. I ran 18 psi on my Eaton before I did a KB and I beat the mortal piss out of that car. I wore out three sets of MT ET Streets and it was still strong as new when I sold it.

As far as diplacement, Ford listened. I've been out of a Cobra since '05 and can't stand it anymore. I also want to stay debt free. I was going to build a motor and stick it in a V6 but I don't have the time. I really do not like the ass on the new Mustangs anyway. I am looking for a black 07 coupe with no stripes. Low $30's, exhaust, Whipple 3.4, tune and you are looking at 800 at the tire for well under $40k.

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by TRMach1 View Post
    You guys just always assume that the Ford is going to stick with the smaller 4.6, handing the LS1 a displacement advantage. When I say deep pockets, why would I not swap out the 4.6 for a 5.4? I'll guarantee you that if I put twin turbos on a 5.4 Ford GT motor, your LS1 will have no place to run, no place to hide. Now you've pretty much lost your displacement advantage. There's a whole lot of different combinations that can be built from these modular motors, and from the outside, they all pretty much look alike. All it takes is a few truckloads of money!
    I can't rember where I read it but I saw where Ford may come out with a 6.2 ltr 4v engine. Maybe with Whipple coming out with a 4 ltr blower they know something. There is a rumor there will b e a 625 HP Cobra out in 2011 and the GT will make 400-425.

Awaiting Activation
    I disagree....... Its iron which is nice but aluminum has been proven to support 900+ hp in the lingenfelter set up Your only as strong as your weakest link which is Fords timing chain (pretty important ) or our 10 Bolt.....maybe/is rod bolts
    I haven't resd much mustang stuss since 05 but before that I owned three 4v Cobras and I never heard of a timing chain issue. The weak point in the 03 is the pistons. Even though forged, there are better pistons that could have been put in the engine.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by supersexy View Post
    In all actuallity if I was to get a 4 valve it would be a Mach 1! They have slightly better cams from the Navigator....
    FYI - 03/04 Mach 1, Cobra, and Navigator cams (and heads) are all identical.

... It all boils down to when you take that supercharger off the Cobra it is probably somewhere near the GT output. Just my 2 cents.
    Nobody takes the blower off a 03/04 Cobra, so there is little point in a "what if".

Black
    1999 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Pumped03 View Post
    I can't rember where I read it but I saw where Ford may come out with a 6.2 ltr 4v engine. Maybe with Whipple coming out with a 4 ltr blower they know something. There is a rumor there will b e a 625 HP Cobra out in 2011 and the GT will make 400-425.
    The new Ford F150 - Raptor will have the 6.2 engine starting in February. It has 411Hp, with a HiPo version lurking in the wilderness for the "XT" version of the truck with around 500HP (NA). They are playing with S/C versions running up close to 700HP.
    The Mustang will be a competitor with the 5.0 return and at least 400HP in NA form. Priced comparably to the Camaro.
    SVT, Roush,and Saleen are all working on set ups that exceed most HP offerings as of today. My Roush P51-B is running 650 at the crank, 539rwhp with the forged 4.6 TVS setup and new tune. of course, I paid for it as well.

Its like you all say, the deeper the pockets, the faster you'll go, and you'll probably always come across someone who can go just a little faster.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    FYI - 03/04 Mach 1, Cobra, and Navigator cams (and heads) are all identical.

Nobody takes the blower off a 03/04 Cobra, so there is little point in a "what if".
    thank you..saved me a post.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by supersexy View Post
    In all actuallity if I was to get a 4 valve it would be a Mach 1! They have slightly better cams from the Navigator. They also run at higher compression which is 10.1 opposed to the Termi 8.1-8.5. The Machs also come with the 8.8in rearend. Which yes it is more of an outdated design compared to the IRS on the Cobra, but when you start posting up big numbers you have to worry about axlehop, getting drag bags, and heavy duty stub axles. It all boils down to when you take that supercharger off the Cobra it is probably somewhere near the GT output. Just my 2 cents.
    You make no sense, of course the 03/04 has a low comp ratio, its supercharged and noone would take the blower off sicne its the big modding point for those cars. Anyone who wants to make more than 390whp in a mach 1 4.6 would still need to go lower comp ratio and a FI.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    You make no sense, of course the 03/04 has a low comp ratio, its supercharged and noone would take the blower off sicne its the big modding point for those cars. Anyone who wants to make more than 390whp in a mach 1 4.6 would still need to go lower comp ratio and a FI.
    man i love it ..everyone is making the points ...less typing for me

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information