Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

whats the best fitting header/ypipe combo? guaranteed to not have to hack and slash the kframe?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I didn't with my Kooks.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I didn't with my Kooks.

Do you have a catted or non-catted Y?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    whats the best fitting header/ypipe combo? guaranteed to not have to hack and slash the kframe?
    Any of the Top dollar headers are a for sure fit. Only headers I know of that may require notching of the K member are the OBX's and the Ebay Options. OBX's just recently came back on the market. Ive read some good reviewed from some corvette guys.

Pick almost any of the mid to high dollar header/y pipe (or x pipe) combos and you shouldn't have to do any modifications.

white
    01 formula

i have the Ebay option headers and the pacesetter y and the headers are great except i dont need the egr hookup and im getting rid of the air hookups, fitment was the same as the kooks i had installed on my buddies.The pacesetter y did have some issues with clearance but i did want it to tuck up tight, it didnt take much for it to fit perfectly. and the link earlier in this thread is the exact buyer i had bought my headers from great seller and fast shipping and they came with fairly high quality gaskets.

Red
    2001 ws6

i got kooks on mine and they went in no problem, didnt have to do any cosmetic work

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    i got kooks on mine and they went in no problem, didnt have to do any cosmetic work
    no banging on the floor pan under hard shifts?
    sorry just making forsure what i want for xmas

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

^^^If you want the ORY to fit high, you might have to crimp it a little to prevent it from rattling. It won't hurt the flow, no worries! I had to crimp my 3" ORY from Hooker a little, but it actually has more ground clearance this way then the OE Y-pipe.

Black
    2003 Z06 Corvette

Boost for a Good Thread

Bon

Red
    2001 ws6

no banging on the floor pan under hard shifts?
    sorry just making forsure what i want for xmas
    theres a simple fix me and my dad found, i was guna take a picture before i put the car away for the winter but ill see if i can take one when i go start it one day, on the passanger side one of the rear rubber hangers have a buddy pull the exhaust down a little to open the hanger, then we took a peice of about 1/4'' rubber and wedged it in there, since then theres been no rattle.

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    theres a simple fix me and my dad found, i was guna take a picture before i put the car away for the winter but ill see if i can take one when i go start it one day, on the passanger side one of the rear rubber hangers have a buddy pull the exhaust down a little to open the hanger, then we took a peice of about 1/4'' rubber and wedged it in there, since then theres been no rattle.
    saved! good to know eprops to you sir!

Red
    2001 ws6

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Quote Originally Posted by fieropope View Post
    i have the Ebay option headers and the pacesetter y and the headers are great except i dont need the egr hookup and im getting rid of the air hookups, fitment was the same as the kooks i had installed on my buddies.The pacesetter y did have some issues with clearance but i did want it to tuck up tight, it didnt take much for it to fit perfectly. and the link earlier in this thread is the exact buyer i had bought my headers from great seller and fast shipping and they came with fairly high quality gaskets.
    How do you like the Ebay Option Headers??? How's the sound/power?? I just purchased them but got the Texas Speed Y....fits perfect on the ground, we will have to see how it fits when all is hooked up.

Silver
    2002 Camaro ss

What are peoples thoughts on the BBK headers and y pipe? And why arent they on the list at the beginning of the thread?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by mitchiels1 View Post
    What are peoples thoughts on the BBK headers and y pipe? And why arent they on the list at the beginning of the thread?
    I simply forgot in the mix of so many.

As far as I know, BBK only offers a shorty style header style. In my humble opinion, Shorty headers arnt worth the hassle or money.

Thanks, and they are added
    Last edited by Hi-Po; 12-09-2009 at 02:23 PM.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    I simply forgot in the mix of so many.

As far as I know, BBK only offers a shorty style header style. In my humble opinion, Shorty headers arnt worth the hassle or money.

Thanks, and they are added
    BBK does offer LT's for our cars, but these are relatively new products(the LT design) that they clearly don't advertise as much as one would think. Sounds suspect to me....

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by jb3golf View Post
    BBK does offer LT's for our cars, but these are relatively new products(the LT design) that they clearly don't advertise as much as one would think. Sounds suspect to me....
    Just saw those in the "New Products" page. Im sure they are a decent header, No stainless Steel option though. Will add.

Silver
    2002 Camaro ss

BBK does offer a long tube style header for the LS1 f bodies...and they are on their site too. Instead of searching by vehicle, scroll down the side bar to "exhaust headers" and their long tubes headers are located in there. It took me a bit of messing around on their website to find it! So I take it you haven't heard much, if anything about these headers and y pipe?

What I am looking for is a header and y pipe setup...however I dont want to spend ridiculous money on SLPs...and I dont want a crappy header. I DO want them ceramic coated and I WILL need to pass emissions so even tho I am purchasing an ORY, I am getting cats welded in. This is why I was leaning towards the BBK Long Tubes...they are 1 3/4", have 3/8s flanges and come with an ORY and are ceramic coated for $499.99! Any input and/or suggestions on the headers and y pipe i should go with would be GREATLY appreciated....from anyone.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by mitchiels1 View Post
    BBK does offer a long tube style header for the LS1 f bodies...and they are on their site too. Instead of searching by vehicle, scroll down the side bar to "exhaust headers" and their long tubes headers are located in there. It took me a bit of messing around on their website to find it! So I take it you haven't heard much, if anything about these headers and y pipe?

What I am looking for is a header and y pipe setup...however I dont want to spend ridiculous money on SLPs...and I dont want a crappy header. I DO want them ceramic coated and I WILL need to pass emissions so even tho I am purchasing an ORY, I am getting cats welded in. This is why I was leaning towards the BBK Long Tubes...they are 1 3/4", have 3/8s flanges and come with an ORY and are ceramic coated for $499.99! Any input and/or suggestions on the headers and y pipe i should go with would be GREATLY appreciated....from anyone.
    Have you looked at the other pricing on the first page? LPP, FlowTech, Hooker, TSP, and Pacesetter all come in at 500 dollars or less. Most, if not all 1 3/4" LT will have 3/8 flanges also. The Y-Pipe pictured on BBK site looks like it has a nice merge. It seems like a nice price, maybe some reviews will pop up on them.

Silver
    2002 Camaro ss

ya...im definitely hoping for reviews on BBKs...ive read a few guys on here run 'em and like 'em but i'd like some more feedback. Now my concern is getting my car to e-test with the new headers and y pipe setup...i understand i should be getting a tune...is this going to effect my emissions?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information