Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

Or ricers cheat

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    O geez, another one of these types. You couldn't tell by how hard the car was pulling down the track that it wasn't 10 seconds? It's a consistent 10 second full street car. No cage or weight reduction. Just put some slicks on for the track and that's it. It was driven to and from the track and is a daily driver.

Here is one of his worst runs:

Unless your Z06 is trapping in the mid to upper 130mph range, all you're going to be seeing is the Civics tail lights.... sorry.

So yeah, vette0009 an idiot.... yup.
    Why do you need to call people idiots??

He didn't personally bash you, he was just making fun of that shitty civic, which apparently you took way too personally as always. Get a grip.

Only an idiot would claim that car is "daily driven" or even a street car at all. To make enough power to go that fast with that small of an engine you'll be running race gas, changing oil all the time, and constantly fixing broken parts and rebuilding the engine. And what kind of track is going to let you run 10's without a full cage, suit, or safety gear??

I bet the huge cams, solid mounts, horrible turbo lag, and stage 6 clutch are real street friendly too. Seriously, use some common sense

Victory Red
    2002 T/A WS6 A4

Quote Originally Posted by damons00maross View Post
    watch out! my 2000 ss put down 435hp and 400ftlbs and i got beat by a older integra with a gsr with 10lbs, not by power they had put on et drags just to race me and also used some vht compound, lol. i only had street 275/40/zr17's . i was pulling in the end but ran out of 1/4 mile. after i got my 26x11.5 15's the car wouldn't run me. the point of the story is if you aint getting traction you anit beating anything fast.
    you said it bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Why do you need to call people idiots??

He didn't personally bash you, he was just making fun of that shitty civic, which apparently you took way too personally as always. Get a grip.

Only an idiot would claim that car is "daily driven" or even a street car at all. To make enough power to go that fast with that small of an engine you'll be running race gas, changing oil all the time, and constantly fixing broken parts and rebuilding the engine. And what kind of track is going to let you run 10's without a full cage, suit, or safety gear??

I bet the huge cams, solid mounts, horrible turbo lag, and stage 6 clutch are real street friendly too. Seriously, use some common sense
    Really, so when someone makes fun of a car you put work into, calling you a liar, you're not offended?

It is a full street car. Nothing is changed other than the front tires to run it on the street.

The car runs on 93 octane just fine. It is only running 12psi spring off the wastegate. We have run a 16psi spring as well (not at the track yet). It does not need race gas at all. We run 100 octane pump gas for track events. It does not use race gas.

Changing oil all the time...? what do you mean by that? It gets changed around 2500-3000 miles or so depending on how hard it's driven. A fresh oil change is done before track events though.

Breaking parts? This car was put together well over a year ago. The motor still has excellent compression and guess what... he has not broken anything. Only regular maintenance has been done to the car.

Huge cams? This is a bone stock K20 motor. Stock internals, stock cam. The motor is unopened. It just has the turbo kit and a good tune.

Solid mounts? Nope, just hard rubber mounts with inserts. They hold up fine.

Horrible turbo lag? It's not terrible. It's a small trim 35R twin scroll. I think it spools pretty quick compared to some imports I've been in.

Stage 6 clutch? What? It's running a Clutchmaster sprung disk with a heavy duty pressure plate. It is very streetable.

You seem to think this car is a full race car or something. It is only putting out a bit over 400whp. The car weighs a bit over 2000 lbs. Power to weight.

I sorry you have never seen a well put together Honda. This is what happens when you build a car right.

99 Z28 04 Corvette

Still doesnt answer the question, which tracks let you run 10s without a cage?? Plus that car looks like a huge turd, does a 274hp civic or whatever civic mentioned in the thread run 10s? No.

Quote Originally Posted by 1986camarojoe View Post
    Still doesnt answer the question, which tracks let you run 10s without a cage?? Plus that car looks like a huge turd, does a 274hp civic or whatever civic mentioned in the thread run 10s? No.
    We were down at Bradenton Motorsports Park. They never bothered us about it, despite the rules.

Turd or not, it gets the job done.... it's not a turd though, it's a very clean car.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    We were down at Bradenton Motorsports Park. They never bothered us about it, despite the rules.

Turd or not, it gets the job done.... it's not a turd though, it's a very clean car.
    sorry awesomeluminal--- it's a civic. still a turd.

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    sorry awesomeluminal--- it's a civic. still a turd.
    Whatever, I prefer the rear drive myself, but fast is fast.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information