Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I dunno I've seen it from both sides as a f-bod v6er myself. From both the v8 guys and the ricers. I've complimented ricers before and in my area it's nearly always punk ass additude in return. I pulled next to a Civic SI once @ a light car looked sharp, tastfully lowered, and all that stuff they do to them, it looked pretty good and strait. I lowered the window, and said, "hey, nice ride!" he turns looks @ me from his possition of leaning over the center console and says, "I KNOW!!" Then just puts his window up like fuck off dude. Another dude was like, "DUDE YOUR CAR SUCKS". Then we do the same to them so IMHO we're all about even on insults. The second guy I beat like a rented mule, (Clean civic hatch fart can only) after my nice line lock and a huge cloud of tire smoke of course. Guess it's just the name of the game..
    Last edited by Smittro; 10-29-2009 at 03:19 PM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    Or it could be a B-series motor with a small turbo setup. A D-series making 234whp on stock internals is impressive for a street car. Those engines have pencils for rods.

On the grim side, I've seen mild turbo setups like these go well into the 13s and trap well over 100mph in the 1/4.... but I've also seen them run in the 15s. It all depends on how well the car is set up and tuned. 9/10 times, the car isn't set up properly from my experience.

Once you get done with that pansy Civic, go out and race some real imports.
    Its a B16a2 hell if i know what a2 means but it is a v-tec engine. Everyone that has riddin in our cars says ill win hand down. They also said when it spools up at like 3k it just flatens out at like 5. Ill try to get it posted up here on video soon.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    true, but what i am saying is there isnt much REAL imports around here unless you consider 1200whp supras or 600whp vr4s
    haha then an ugly ass 235whp civic in front....i would be embarrased if i owned mvp and i have my ACR twin turbo viper in front and all these supras and z06's, which all look sick then a civic that soo ugly right by them. lol

silver
    2002 ws6

i guess were not allowed to not like hondas here anymore

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    i guess were not allowed to not like hondas here anymore
    You can hate on the ricer ones.

silver
    2002 ws6

You can hate on the ricer ones.
    i'll hate on them all! it's glorious!

i'll hate on them all! it's glorious!
    Feel the massive torque engagement:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMbaZzeKJC8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMbaZzeKJC8[/ame]
    Last edited by Superluminal; 10-30-2009 at 07:44 PM.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Jeezis!!!

silver
    2002 ws6

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

There is no replacement for displacement.

I have built Both sides of the cars for friends. A few yrs back I built a turbo honda for a buddy. It was quick on the top end. But all it would do was spin when you tried to take off fast. It was pointless. He couldnt drive either.
    I got it to the track once and it wan an 8.21@91mph 1/8th mile. But all it would do is spin to the 300ft with slicks =GAY!!

Then just a few months ago I just finished a 383 stroked Lt1, We made 381whp and 375fttq at the Dyno. We have yet to get it to the track. But The setup should be good for a low 7 sec pass 1/8th mile
    It has some massive tq, and whats great about it is it pulls HARD and the same from 1500rpm's -6000rpm's.

I currently Have a inline 6 turbo 240sx on propane fuel. Its a respectable car at the track. It has went 7.30's 1/8th mile. We all have a good time. But I can tell ya. When I blow up this 6cyl motor. Its gonna have and Old School 400sbc with a 101mm turbo and an Auto trans prob a th350 with a Trans brake.

The 240 is a 5speed currently. I love to bang some gears, But its so damn hard on parts and Its also Nearly impossible to stay in boost between gears without my no lift to shift activated. But all in all I loose .500-1.000 at the track with the 5speed.

Thats just my 2cents worth of experience with it al LOL!!!

White
    2002 Z28

Car = $1000 - (old CX hatch with 120k miles)
    Engine = $3000 - sourced from a crashed USDM RSX-Type S (got deal here)
    Turbo Setup = $3000 - bought a used complete kit
    Misc stuffs = $1000 - suspension, mounts, KPRO, new paint job (good deal here), other misc.

This car was built from the ground up by us. The whole thing was stripped out cleaned, painted, and put back together. It's a very clean car, not some junkbox.

If you've been counting, that's $8000 complete for a 10.66@133mph street car. You'll be hard pressed to find a nice F-body for that price, let alone one that can run anywhere near 10s in the 1/4. I understand F-bodies hold their value though.

Worthless.... maybe, but it wasn't too expensive for a car of this caliber since we didn't build the motor or spend money on stupid shit. All the funds were allocated correctly and the car was done right the first time, by us.

50-110 pull on 12psi:

Here is a 10.69@133mph run from early this year on 12psi (announcer is funny):

Since were going this route:

A friend has a Ford Festiva. $800

Junkyard turbo from a Mistu Eclipse. $300

Converted the car to fuel injection and used a the computer from a Mazda 323 GTX that he got in in a junkyard. $300

Wide band o2 for tuning. $300

He has less than $3000 in the car and runs into the 12's.

It's still a car that you wouldn't take a cross country trip in. Heck my friend never goes to the track by himself because he's not sure if something is going to break. You also wouldn't impress too many people that don't know anything about cars. I know at least once a day I get a thumbs up, wave or a nice car when I drive mine. Just depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    There is no replacement for displacement.

I have built Both sides of the cars for friends. A few yrs back I built a turbo honda for a buddy. It was quick on the top end. But all it would do was spin when you tried to take off fast. It was pointless. He couldnt drive either.
    I got it to the track once and it wan an 8.21@91mph 1/8th mile. But all it would do is spin to the 300ft with slicks =GAY!!

Then just a few months ago I just finished a 383 stroked Lt1, We made 381whp and 375fttq at the Dyno. We have yet to get it to the track. But The setup should be good for a low 7 sec pass 1/8th mile
    It has some massive tq, and whats great about it is it pulls HARD and the same from 1500rpm's -6000rpm's.

I currently Have a inline 6 turbo 240sx on propane fuel. Its a respectable car at the track. It has went 7.30's 1/8th mile. We all have a good time. But I can tell ya. When I blow up this 6cyl motor. Its gonna have and Old School 400sbc with a 101mm turbo and an Auto trans prob a th350 with a Trans brake.

The 240 is a 5speed currently. I love to bang some gears, But its so damn hard on parts and Its also Nearly impossible to stay in boost between gears without my no lift to shift activated. But all in all I loose .500-1.000 at the track with the 5speed.

Thats just my 2cents worth of experience with it al LOL!!!

i've build a good handful of 400 sbc's over the years.. they are very underrated i find. you ever have any questions or want some parts.. i have a set of vic jr heads already drilled for ya...

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by fergyflyer View Post
    Since were going this route:

A friend has a Ford Festiva. $800

Junkyard turbo from a Mistu Eclipse. $300

Converted the car to fuel injection and used a the computer from a Mazda 323 GTX that he got in in a junkyard. $300

Wide band o2 for tuning. $300

He has less than $3000 in the car and runs into the 12's.

It's still a car that you wouldn't take a cross country trip in. Heck my friend never goes to the track by himself because he's not sure if something is going to break. You also wouldn't impress too many people that don't know anything about cars. I know at least once a day I get a thumbs up, wave or a nice car when I drive mine. Just depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

70's gm truck--- $100?

junkyard 454--- $300

cam, intake, headers, carb-- $650 (intake and carb were used)

built 700r4 trans-- $1500

3:73 mig locker --- $250

150 shot--- $600

set of mickeys-- $400

$3800 for a truck that would run 12's

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

i've build a good handful of 400 sbc's over the years.. they are very underrated i find. you ever have any questions or want some parts.. i have a set of vic jr heads already drilled for ya...
    Ill keep that in mind man.

Im currently on my vette Project. Im building a solid roller setup. Its just going to be a little street rod. I got a set of Double humps with 2.02/1.6 valves thats been worked a bit. Super victor intake, Crane solid roller cam, Crane 1.6 Rockers, Currently lookin for some Roller lifters to complete the setup.

silver
    2002 ws6

Ill keep that in mind man.

Im currently on my vette Project. Im building a solid roller setup. Its just going to be a little street rod. I got a set of Double humps with 2.02/1.6 valves thats been worked a bit. Super victor intake, Crane solid roller cam, Crane 1.6 Rockers, Currently lookin for some Roller lifters to complete the setup.
    you doing this on a 400 or 350? i had a set of speed pro retro fit roller lifters but they got destroyed...

double humps are decent heads.. small chamber. i also have a set of vortec heads\intake\valve covers looking for a home too

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

you doing this on a 400 or 350? i had a set of speed pro retro fit roller lifters but they got destroyed...

double humps are decent heads.. small chamber. i also have a set of vortec heads\intake\valve covers looking for a home too
    It has a 350 4bolt main.

What Kind of valve covers you got?

Im looking for a set of Tall aluminum ones.

Here is a link to what Im looking at
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SBC-F...Q5fAccessories

Im also Looking for some Rocker Girdles, and I believe im going to be needing a Carb. I was going to use the quadjet that was on it cause its a Good carb, but its not going to work without an adapter plate on the new intake. Im already going to be cutting my hood clearance Close, I don't think a Adapter plate is going to clear.

silver
    2002 ws6

It has a 350 4bolt main.

What Kind of valve covers you got?

Im looking for a set of Tall aluminum ones.

Here is a link to what Im looking at
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SBC-F...Q5fAccessories

Im also Looking for some Rocker Girdles, and I believe im going to be needing a Carb. I was going to use the quadjet that was on it cause its a Good carb, but its not going to work without an adapter plate on the new intake. Im already going to be cutting my hood clearance Close, I don't think a Adapter plate is going to clear.
    for the vortecs i have a set of stock valve covers. for the perimeter bolt style i have a set of tall black cast aluminum chevy covers.

have you ever tried a street avenger? for mild builds (roughly hp\cube) i just love them. especially in an automatic. with a manual there's always a little secondary lag

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

for the vortecs i have a set of stock valve covers. for the perimeter bolt style i have a set of tall black cast aluminum chevy covers.

have you ever tried a street avenger? for mild builds (roughly hp\cube) i just love them. especially in an automatic. with a manual there's always a little secondary lag
    Nah I have never ran a street avenger, We always ran Double pumpers or Dominators. But we also usually just build race cars LOL, This is my first street rod build, So its gonna be pretty Mild, But still sound and run good. It will hit the track a few times But not much.

I will look into a street avenger tho.

I think I will buy that set of valve covers I posted, There pretty close to me. He also has some girdles I need.

Hopefully I will have my valves for the heads this week, I can drill n tap the new 7/16 studs, and have the heads Finished and ready to go. I hope to have the motor complete in a few weeks.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Question

By double humps do you mean "camel backs?" 2.02I/1.94E? There was another set, can't remember their exact size (slightly smaller ports tho) but they were pretty good too..
    Last edited by Smittro; 10-31-2009 at 07:55 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information