Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Red
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    dang im suprised you won. congrats!
    Thanx, Yeah Im a lil suprised too, i think my car is geared from the previous owner, its fairly quicker than my buddies z28 m6 with lid, filter, and L/ts

THE WS6 THAT COULD
    idk what cars you guys are racing but i have NEVER had any SRT-8 Charger or challenger come within 1-2 car lengths of me in any race. and my current ws6 is a 2001 M6, Lid, and spec 3 clutch basically bone stock, the last race i had with a cahrger srt-8 he got the jump and i reeled him in and passed him and put about 2 full cars on him, and im not just saying this because i have 2 friends with SRT-8 chargers and the other has a challenger srt-8 6-speed

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Here's my timeslip from two weekends ago at Beaver Springs Dragway. Challenger SRT in the left lane, me in the right with our '02 T/A. Only mods on our car are bolt in 2 point SFC's, 180 degree thermostat and a Magnaflow catback. It's an A4, 3,565 lbs, running on Falken tires at 30 psi. Note R/Ts were about dead even:

willys srt8
    wow! that SRT needs a serious driver mod. even my first time down a srtip was a 13.1.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

ive beat a challenger srt8 from a roll with my camaro. all i have is a magnaflow

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 01 Black SS View Post
    ive beat a challenger srt8 from a roll with my camaro. all i have is a magnaflow
    sure he was racing? ha

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

SRT4...destroyed.
    SRT8 Charger...2 car lengths
    SRT8 300C...2 car lengths
    SRT8 Challenger...never raced
    SRT8 Cherokee...3 car lengths
    SRT10 Ram...never raced
    SRT10 Viper...had one try and race me, but I didn't want to waste the gas on a race I knew I would lose.

White
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by willys srt8 View Post
    wow! that SRT needs a serious driver mod. even my first time down a srtip was a 13.1.
    I keep going to the track and looking for one as fast as yours. SRT8's must really vary from car to car or due to climate. I've seen a couple stock ones run mid 13's but the majority of stock SRT8 cars are high 13's and low 14's at Orlando Speedworld. For reference, LS1 F-bodies that are stock run 13.7-14.1 in typical conditions. 05' and up Mustang GT's run 13.9-14.4, C6 Vette's run high 12's to low 13's and R/T Mopars run about .05-.06 seconds slower than the SRT8 cars stock for stock.

I go to the track about 2 or 3 times a month and see a nice mix of cars. Here in Orlando with our heat and humidity we are lucky to get a DA under 2000' even though we are at sea level.

My car runs low 13's in normal conditions and I hit a 12.7 with a very rare low DA of 160'. That particular night I got to run an SRT8 Magnum with a catback, an intake, some throttle body mod and a tune. He ran a low 13, I don't remmember the exact time.

I've raced more than a couple and haven't been beaten by one yet. My car is an 02 A4 with 2.73 gears. It's got the free ram air mod, a lid with a K&N, a descreened MAF, a Magnaflow catback and a Diablosport Predator tune. I usually run with a set of Nitto 555R drag radials and can cut mid 1.8x' for an average 60' time.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

I don't think it's a driver mod it it was an auto. Look how close the reaction timesAnd the 60 ft times were

pewter
    2002 camaro

ive race a truck srt-10 4dr, its a friends, i told him i would beat him, but he insisted, so i handed his ass to him, at least 6-8 cars by 90mph from 30ish, i raced a srt-6 crossfire, beat him also by 4-5 cars, and the one i had the hardest time, to my surprise, was a magnum srt-8, must have been modded, from 60, slowly pulled until about 110 i started to pull a little harder, maybe 2-3 cars by 130.

willys srt8
    Quote Originally Posted by fergyflyer View Post
    I keep going to the track and looking for one as fast as yours. SRT8's must really vary from car to car or due to climate. I've seen a couple stock ones run mid 13's but the majority of stock SRT8 cars are high 13's and low 14's at Orlando Speedworld. For reference, LS1 F-bodies that are stock run 13.7-14.1 in typical conditions. 05' and up Mustang GT's run 13.9-14.4, C6 Vette's run high 12's to low 13's and R/T Mopars run about .05-.06 seconds slower than the SRT8 cars stock for stock.

I go to the track about 2 or 3 times a month and see a nice mix of cars. Here in Orlando with our heat and humidity we are lucky to get a DA under 2000' even though we are at sea level.

My car runs low 13's in normal conditions and I hit a 12.7 with a very rare low DA of 160'. That particular night I got to run an SRT8 Magnum with a catback, an intake, some throttle body mod and a tune. He ran a low 13, I don't remmember the exact time.

I've raced more than a couple and haven't been beaten by one yet. My car is an 02 A4 with 2.73 gears. It's got the free ram air mod, a lid with a K&N, a descreened MAF, a Magnaflow catback and a Diablosport Predator tune. I usually run with a set of Nitto 555R drag radials and can cut mid 1.8x' for an average 60' time.
    see i'm just the opposite. i have yet to lose to an f-body. although i almost traded for transformer edition 10' SS but it doesn't have enough room for the family. my best pass was a 12.85@108.32 with a DA 1872 on street tires. i didn't know how to post slips here but i just put it on Dragtimes as driver Willy and SRT8 Superbee. i don't have my current dyno sheets due to water damage and the only thing you can read on them now is just the hp and tq without the graph. it shoud be posted within 12 hrs or so. i'd i could have done better but i drove 4 hours to the track to get 2 passes in. now i have to leave for a while and haven't found a srtip close enough to Savannah, GA to make the trip. hopefully i'll be able to get to one when i get back.

Trans Am owner
    former

my buddy has a 50 trim SRT-4 runnin up to 27 psi.

fastest car I've ever ridden in. 400WHP estimated. should be low 12's if he could hook. its absolutly nuts from a roll. I love these cars, and almost bought one my self!

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

see i'm just the opposite. i have yet to lose to an f-body. although i almost traded for transformer edition 10' SS but it doesn't have enough room for the family. my best pass was a 12.85@108.32 with a DA 1872 on street tires. i didn't know how to post slips here but i just put it on Dragtimes as driver Willy and SRT8 Superbee. i don't have my current dyno sheets due to water damage and the only thing you can read on them now is just the hp and tq without the graph. it shoud be posted within 12 hrs or so. i'd i could have done better but i drove 4 hours to the track to get 2 passes in. now i have to leave for a while and haven't found a srtip close enough to Savannah, GA to make the trip. hopefully i'll be able to get to one when i get back.
    12.85 @ 108mph and you hanvet lost to any f-bodys? You must not be racing too many, i went a 12.8 @ 111mph with 3 bolt ons and a tune in my m6 f-body. Any cammed or better f-body would rick roll you.

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    12.85 @ 108mph and you hanvet lost to any f-bodys? You must not be racing too many, i went a 12.8 @ 111mph with 3 bolt ons and a tune in my m6 f-body. Any cammed or better f-body would rick roll you.
    this.

you know f-bodys came with 6 cylinders too..

they dont count as wins

White
    2002 Z28

You moved from MD to GA. Cool!!! We're practically neighbors. My trucks deliver building materials in Savanah 2 times a week.

There aren't any tracks close to you.

Gainesville and Cecil county Georgia are the two closest. Cecil is closer as the crow flies but longer time wise. You have a solid 3 hour drive to a track.

If you decide to make the trip let me know. With the numbers you have we should be neck and neck.

pewter
    2002 camaro

it all depends on what you set up your car to run, my best has been 13.0@115, not to impressive, but on a roll ive beaten a 11.8 1/4 mi. sti, my car pulls hard on rolls, i have 2.73 gears, it just depends on what you want, street or strip.

red
    99 camaro ss

srt charger

just do the hp/lb numbers and a srt charger has a lot more horsepower per pound than a stock f-body

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    this.

you know f-bodys came with 6 cylinders too..

they dont count as wins
    Yes i know. I should have said ls1 cars, but like you said who even counts those underpowered v6 cars as a race. Its like racing a grand am

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Yes i know. I should have said ls1 cars, but like you said who even counts those underpowered v6 cars as a race. Its like racing a grand am
    hah i was really talking to the guy who said he'd never lost to an f-body ha not you my bad

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by red99camaross View Post
    just do the hp/lb numbers and a srt charger has a lot more horsepower per pound than a stock f-body

charger--- 4200/425= 9.9 lbs\hp

ls1fbod--- 3550/350= 10.1 lbs\hp

i dont see the big hp\lb difference

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information