Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Do what? What is "the comp"? Assuming "the comp" is compression, what does that have to do with how high the motor will spin?

As for the Mach I...it has a good gearing advantage in 1st, some in 2nd, and slight advantage in 3rd and 4th (very slight). However, compared to the LS1, it does not have a mid-range advantage. The Mach 1 engine certainly makes better mid-range power than the earlier N/A 4.6 DOHC motors, but cannot compare to the LS1 at what are typically considered "mid-range" rpm.

Overall, I agree with Big Hammer on the Mach vs LS1....close enough in the 1/4 mile to be a driver's race, but if all goes equal, the LS1 should edge it out.
    computer so negate your whole first sentence

off topic but curious does your b2300 have an ls motor or do you have another ls series car?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    i think by comp he means computer? so i'm assuming he's reffering to the rev limiter...
    yes thank-you
    Quote Originally Posted by 98snowt/a View Post
    well sorry if i was wrong , but i just dont like mustang haha
    agreed

Red
    2001 ws6

wtf Y do you have a freaking mustang on an ls1 site, and so what dude ur mustangs fast up against a 98t/a but lets see it beat the newer lsx engines like in a gto or vette or the new camaro you'll get poned bud
    not really thats not saying much anyways if they are dohc , if they had a single cam just like ls1s they'd prolly be slower than shit so wait didnt you say ur sister had a dick GO SUCK IT
    dude......shut up.........ur an 18 year old punk that thinks his ls1 is the fastest car out there because its an lsx. Theres plenty of people on this site that own mustangs, evo's etc. its called being a car enthusiest. Congrats you have a trans am but stfu and respect other peoples cars. If not get off the site. And just a side note, anything can happen in a race, just because your car is supposed to beat a mustang doesnt mean with you driving it it will. I hope one day you line up against a stock mustang and he smokes you.

light pewter metallic
    1999 z28

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    dude......shut up.........ur an 18 year old punk that thinks his ls1 is the fastest car out there because its an lsx. Theres plenty of people on this site that own mustangs, evo's etc. its called being a car enthusiest. Congrats you have a trans am but stfu and respect other peoples cars. If not get off the site. And just a side note, anything can happen in a race, just because your car is supposed to beat a mustang doesnt mean with you driving it it will. I hope one day you line up against a stock mustang and he smokes you.
    AMEN!

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    computer so negate your whole first sentence
    Ok. Now that I know what you were attempting to say, what does having a cam have to do with how high the computer will allow the engine to spin? Also, the stock redline for the Mach 1 is 6800, and fuel shutoff is a bit higher than that, so one certainly could shift that high without a "cam" as the "comp" will indeed allow it.

Further....changing cams (and nothing else) won't have much affect on the peak power rpm in a 4V. It is the intake, and more specifically, runner-length that determines the powerband on these motors.

I'm sure you knew that, though.

off topic but curious does your b2300 have an ls motor or do you have another ls series car?
    Negative and negative, ghost rider.

Torch Red
    2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Ok. Now that I know what you were attempting to say, what does having a cam have to do with how high the computer will allow the engine to spin? Also, the stock redline for the Mach 1 is 6800, and fuel shutoff is a bit higher than that, so one certainly could shift that high without a "cam" as the "comp" will indeed allow it.

Further....changing cams (and nothing else) won't have much affect on the peak power rpm in a 4V. It is the intake, and more specifically, runner-length that determines the powerband on these motors.

I'm sure you knew that, though.
    Correct, stock redline on a Mach 1 is 6800, fuel shutoff is around 7200, and the speed limiter is somewhere around 152ish, but I never ran up against that one, plus the rev limiter, speed limiter, and fuel shutoff can easily be adjusted up or down with a simple hand held tuner.

white
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    well i just apologized about it douche bag and go back and read the guy from the beginning was dissing my car you asshole so why dont you stfu, i dont even care anymore ur just a dumb prick that thnks he has a right to put ur two cents worth into shit

black
    1998 Camaro Z/28

Personally I like ANY car that is fast and tastefully done.

09 Vulcan 900 custom.
    2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
    1998 Z/28 Hardtop A4 | Y2K wheels | SLP Lid | Magnaflow catback |cutout | Hotchkis LCA'S/PHB | BMR TA and D/S Loop| Tuned by Frost....300rwhp/308rwtq

97 Cobra- bolt ons | full exhaust| 4.30's| suspension | SCT tune- sold!

white
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 98Hardtop View Post
    Personally I like ANY car that is fast and tastefully done.
    haha nice

black
    1998 Camaro Z/28

haha nice
    It is true. I like F-Body's, Mustangs, Subaru, Honda's, any import, etc that is nicely done and fast. There is more than my Camaro spanking a Mustang, etc, etc, etc. Actually our old 97 Cobra could beat our Camaro's ass in a race any day of the week. Each time I was in the Cobra, the wifey would lose.

If you have a tastefully done car and it is fast, it is good in my book. Heck, I just got back from a Subaru meet where there were tastefully done 11 and 12 second Legacy GT sedans and STI's at my work.

white
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 98Hardtop View Post
    It is true. I like F-Body's, Mustangs, Subaru, Honda's, any import, etc that is nicely done and fast. There is more than my Camaro spanking a Mustang, etc, etc, etc. Actually our old 97 Cobra could beat our Camaro's ass in a race any day of the week. Each time I was in the Cobra, the wifey would lose.

If you have a tastefully done car and it is fast, it is good in my book. Heck, I just got back from a Subaru meet where there were tastefully done 11 and 12 second Legacy GT sedans and STI's at my work.

well the only thng i really like about mustangs is they all sound good lol im not to fond of four door cars though but subarus are pretty kick ass, i like the honda s2000 they look pretty sleek, my other car is a 72 el camino ss haha i cant beat my trans am , well not yet anyway but its in fair condition"drivable" in other words but needs alot of work so me and my dad are taking it and having ever panel replaced and so, but i guess i can see why ppl like mustangs because i like a muscle truck basicly haha but hey it pulls pussy and its in its 30's haha

white
    98 trans am

BTW my car all of the sudden is starting to have electrical problems, like its radio shuts off and on and the windows wont work. It just randomly happens when i drive. What is it? A ground problem or something more serious. If you have any answers please post because it gets on my nerves when im listening to my favorite tunes and the fucker just shuts off in the middle of " dont stop beliving".

Red
    2001 ws6

well i just apologized about it douche bag and go back and read the guy from the beginning was dissing my car you asshole so why dont you stfu, i dont even care anymore ur just a dumb prick that thnks he has a right to put ur two cents worth into shit
    you must be a tough guy

Thread Information