Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bossho View Post
    coming back from Busch Gardens this morning about 2am, wanted to go by Ghandy because I knew the place would be full of ricers to kick thier ass but it was 20 minutes out of the way of my ride home so I opted to just drive i75 south from Tampa down to Bradenton its about 1 50 miles stretch that has a history of being wide open and cop free, i look in my rear view and I see the bright ass HID's including HID foggers (so 2 bright lights on each side) I know its something exotic or tricked out coming up on me - low and behold its a brand slapping new mustang gt (no more than 2 or 3 years old max) with a radar detector on the windwhield and the guy got his passenger window down trying to look all chill like he doesnt notice me and he pretends hes playin with his pda, i hit the floor at like 70mph and go up to about 100mph and he does nothing for awhile so i slow back down to about 80mph for about 5 miles and all of a sudden i see his lights coming up on me REAL fast and im going 80 so i kn ow hes gotta be doin at least 110, so i floor it when hes only about 5 car lengths behind me and he passes me and gets about 4 car lengths in front of me before he stops gaining distance and all of a sudden im closing the gap doin about 130, i figure hes still accelerationg just not pulling as hard as me and within about 10 seconds im passing him and im still pulling reall hard and hes trying to keep up but he cant i look down and my speedometer says between 145 and 150 and i look in side view and hes 20-30 car lengths behind me at this point so i back off, we spent the next 30 miles lining up suide by side and it seemed hed get me by about 5 car lengths every time from an 70 or 80 mph roll but within 10 seconds id be pulling alot harder above 130mph and hed lose very time......i wish i could have asked him if he had nos or anything cuz i was dioaaspointed he beat me initially from the rolll even though eventually id win everytime and pull past him real hard over 130 to 140+ he wouldnt have as much pull.

that was my 1st race and 1st kill in my 98 T/A thats bone stock......makes me just more hungry to get alll my performance stuff sone to it to take on bigger and better opponents
    Since you're in the Tampa area, and I'm down there sometimes. I have to ask... did you go to JDM Ups track event recently?

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    To you and all susie downers this is the kill section if you don't condone street racing get the fuck out.

Click for full size
    It's all contructive critisism or opinions, however you want to look at it. If you can dish it out you better be able to take it. Don't like mine or others opinions,,,that's tough. It wasn't directed toward you specifically.
    Don't think anyone here is crabbing about street racing, just the mannor in which it happened. No harm no foul.
    If you can't play nice and don't like others opinions, then maybe you shouldn't be here either, because I don't think any of us are going anywhere,,,like Blackcloud said,,,,don't hold your breath.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

I just thought the entourage scene was great

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by kevnstac View Post
    Did you ever stop to think that just maybe by the time he smoked your ass he left off the gas above 100???
    Going 130 down the highway is stupid, if not retarded. How would you feel if you lost control for any stupid reason whatsoever and killed some innocent family?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurley711 View Post
    Killed some innocent family at 2 AM?
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin23454 View Post
    lol your stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    It's all contructive critisism or opinions, however you want to look at it. If you can dish it out you better be able to take it. Don't like mine or others opinions,,,that's tough. It wasn't directed toward you specifically.
    Don't think anyone here is crabbing about street racing, just the mannor in which it happened. No harm no foul.
    If you can't play nice and don't like others opinions, then maybe you shouldn't be here either, because I don't think any of us are going anywhere,,,like Blackcloud said,,,,don't hold your breath.
    The above were "crabbing" about street racing, and one was a personal attack which is against forum rules. It's street racing, if they all ended at the posted speed limit it wouldn't be racing. Since you guys all seem to have a problem with it I am curious as to why you would even bother reading the guys post?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    I just thought the entourage scene was great
    That show is great

We all read alot of stuff on here that is silly. Me included. Whether it's worth reading or not is hard to determine unless you read it in the first place. Some aren't even worth a comment.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Hmmm....Confucius says "if LS1.com does not condone street racing, I'm not real sure I have to either."

blue
    1998 camaro z28

ahhhh street racing lost my 02 ss that way you will all learn one day i did.

blue
    1998 camaro z28

here why you should run on the streets btw this was the other drivers fault he couldnt handle his evo 8 and spun me out and off the freeway and 130mph i learn my lesson. take it how you want just sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by camaroz98 View Post
    here why you should run on the streets btw this was the other drivers fault he couldnt handle his evo 8 and spun me out and off the freeway and 130mph i learn my lesson. take it how you want just sharing.

Click for full size

How can you not handle an EVO 8? It's AWD. You have to be a retard to crash one. The guy you were racing must have passed out at the wheel.

blue
    1998 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    How can you not handle an EVO 8? It's AWD. You have to be a retard to crash one. The guy you were racing must have passed out at the wheel.
    i have no clue just know he bumped my rear and i was looking at his front! made me wish i was at the drag strip with a wall between us.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

He was probably not as good a driver as you are. Heck, it is likely that none of us are - you're the best driver here. Maybe in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    He was probably not as good a driver as you are. Heck, it is likely that none of us are - you're the best driver here. Maybe in the world!

blue
    1998 camaro z28

agreed.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Ah....communicating with little smilie faces....what fun!

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sin View Post
    Not really a race, I agree... It's a chase.
    New Stangs have the aerodynamics of a brick... So yup, over 110 ish we start losing our ability to "pull". Not much skill in pointing your car down a highway stretch and mashing the gas at 80 plus... Just determines who is crazy or dumb enough to hold the accelerator pedal longer..
    Next time try a slow roll or a dead stop if you want to compete against another driver or car.. There's some skill involved in a low roll... Not as much as a pull from stop.. but a little... To me, roll racing is the arena of kids that managed to get a fast car, but as of yet, can't really drive it.
    I have to wonder, if the kid has his PDA out.. How serious was he about Racing ? Just seems to me that you read alot into his attitude from your seat in your car ? How does having his passenger window down make him some sort of poser ? I ride with my windows down all the time... Love to hear my exhaust ! That and the cool air helps keep me awake when I am tired.. Not saying that he was or wasn't doing any of these things, or that he wasn't "trying to look all chill" But it's hard to know his intent when your not in his car or reading his mind..
    Perhaps your stomping the gas while he was texting (another dumb thing to do) or changing radio stations annoyed him and he pulled the fly-by (gay) and he let off when you came charging by (another fly-by - still gay).. All of this is plausible, but not necessarily true.
    word. or if they're so modded they cant get traction unless they're glued to the track.

to me "street racing" is kinda dumb. not saying i've never done it or i'll never do it again. but doing it on busy urban or residential streets is very dumb. that's just begging for trouble. take it out of town to a dead secondary highway. no harm no foul.

When you are talking about young kids barely old enough to drive, anything can happen. Even at the track I worry about the guy in the other lane,,,you just never know.

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

our cars have idiot magnets installed from the factory so when you drive your f-body every idiot on the road is drawn to you

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY JERZY View Post
    our cars have idiot magnets installed from the factory so when you drive your f-body every idiot on the road is drawn to you
    Every car I own is like that.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information