Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by Mieux97 View Post
    The other day I was headed back to Chi from Indiana on US 30 when I pulled behind an all blacked out 2005 Infiniti g35. My girl and I thought the car looked cool, but then the unexpected happened....he started revving his engine hard and pulled off . I'm thinking "okaaay....?" I tell my girl this guy must want to race and at first she says that not everyone that does that wants to race against you (yeah right). So as we are still goin west on US 30 this guy is now weaving thru traffic and really revving and staying close by. I am seeing this as an outright challenge being that by now he has pulled off several times in heavy traffic and knowin my girl is in the car (sorry, but I can't refuse a guy that believes he will embarass me wit my girl in the car in a "lesser" ride .

We pull to the stop light left turn lane about 2-3 mi before 394 and shoot the shit. He revs repeatedly and I ask him "what you got?" He says he is stock and I tell him I only got a lid then I rev on him and my girl says "smoke him!" The light goes green and I hit 70 mph quick -like outta the turn leaving him and traffic behind.....far behind, so I am thinking "did he turn off...he backed off...he got scared....this is over already....what!?" Hell No!! As I was slowing down nearing the 394 expressway we see this guy barreling down the rear view mirror thru the on ramp. My girl says "don't let him catch up" and I say "nah...he evidently came THIS far for a challenge, so I will give it to him!" So it was me, my girl, my son and 4 suitcases vs him and his guy on open str8. We look at each other and he gasses first and gets like a 1/4 car at best and my girl says "get em" and I mashed it, pulled him and buried him by 2-3 car lengths before he let off. He then turned off the expressway and that was that....properly handled and disposed.
    Not cool to race with a kid in the car. You never know what can happen.

White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

Ok...let me put something in perspective....going from about 40 mph to 80 mph in this area is normal just getting on the expressway. Take a look on any expressway, freeway etc w/ speed limits of at least 55+ mph in a metro area and see how many people are at speed limit both with and without passengers and your answer will likely very few. What I did was nothing more than whats done everyday in this area...I just got to break point maybe 3 sec at best faster and with a NO traffic.

I really do see where people are coming from with this and that is fine...we can agree to disagree. I won't, in fact, no one will always agree with someone else questions, comments, criticizms or concerns, but I will still defend your right to say it

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Racing with your kid is still stupid.

But it is interesting how there is an attempt to justify it in later posts by saying it was only "40 to 80 mph" or just "3 sec faster". Even sadder that the kid's mother (assuming that is the girl with you) was egging you on.

I don't doubt that you disagree with my assertion that it is stupid. Actually, it reinforces my point.

White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Racing with your kid is still stupid.

But it is interesting how there is an attempt to justify it in later posts by saying it was only "40 to 80 mph" or just "3 sec faster". Even sadder that the kid's mother (assuming that is the girl with you) was egging you on.

I don't doubt that you disagree with my assertion that it is stupid. Actually, it reinforces my point.
    Not kid's mother, but I would guess one had to be there to see. Not as bad as it seems. I am cool with and accept the opinion that it's stupid tho there was NO traffic involved.
    Last edited by Mieux97; 09-23-2009 at 05:17 PM.

Thread Information