Black
    02' SS

First kill on my test drive!!

New to the site, but I'm buying a TA WS6. I love it. The only mods it has is
    4" exhaust, cold air intake and it comes with a power chip. I dont know about the chip... what do yall think? Anyways back to the story.

Test drive... hwy 80 around longview, TX... rolled up to a rice burner (jetta) R type?... not sure. Gave him some noise and he hit the gas. Had a 3 or 4 car lead on him by 90mph. I couldnt tell if he had any mods, except for exhaust. Got my first ricer fly bye... I love this car!!! Any mod suggestions... Someone mentioned a stall converter, any have that one?

DuckWS6

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

A WS6 is a great package man, congrats and welcome to the board! Is it a Manual or Auto? My suggestion is you work up the bottom end of your motor but 1st get some good suspension. 2 great companies are "Spohn" and "BMR". A new torque arm would help ya out for any wheel hop and put more power to the ground and def get subframe connectors to minimize chassis flex.

A 4" exhaust? Do you know what company?

Black
    02' SS

Typo -- It was 3" borla catback. (maybe the loudmouth) Loud as hell. It's an auto. Its a 2000 model. The only thing I could find wrong with it was the one rear speaker is busted, but thats a cheap fix. Yeah, suspension is first on the list, and then maybe the SFC. What are most people doing about the speakers? Using a box or sticking with factory level in the panels?

Black
    1995 Firebird

You can do whatever you want.. there are hundreds of ways to do it.. JL Audio makes some good stealth subwoofers in the box that fit on the sides of the T-Top compartment. That way you can still have the stock storage for the T-Tops. Or you can just upgrade your speakers and your amplifier... take a look in the Stereo and electronic section on this forum ( http://ls1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50 ) that will give you some ideas.

-Found the site for the Stealthbox... http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_s...hp?fit_id=1429

bright red
    1993 z28 camaro

that stealth box is perfect any idea what it costs?

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWS6
    New to the site, but I'm buying a TA WS6. I love it. The only mods it has is
    4" exhaust, cold air intake and it comes with a power chip. I dont know about the chip... what do yall think? Anyways back to the story.
    DuckWS6
    Are you buying from a dealer..they usually don't know what they're talking about. The pcm has flash based memory...so there's not really a "chip" like the older vehicles...maybe he they mean it has a canned handheld tune Yup...a stall, tranny cooler, ls6 intake manifold and headers should be on your mod list...throw sub-frame connectors in that list also.
    Welcome to the board

EDIT: What speed roll did you go from? You have to make sure you don't hit it in a "dead spot" of the tranny. If you do the tranny won't kick down and it'll suck
    Last edited by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn; 02-06-2006 at 09:40 PM.

Black
    1995 Firebird

I think the stealth box is around $200.00 Dont hold me to it but I think thats what it is.. I will have to find the price again because they dont show it on JL's website. Here is another idea if you dont mind losing T-Top storage... http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ljuiswq...T2201&g=182750 -It looks great I think...

Black
    02' SS

The pcm has flash based memory...so there's not really a "chip" like the older vehicles..

It's not a dealer. It's a friend of the family. The chip was a hypertech power programmer. It was 300$ and it's still in the box. I need to plug it in, and we'll see how it does.

Started from about a 30 roll. It was a Jetta Gsi?, maybe I dont know... a few mods. Not sure where the dead spot is yet. I'm still trying to sell my truck, so I can take it off his hands for good and start adding shit.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

GLI Jetta?

Thread Information