Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Honda engines make about 43HP and 11ft/lbs of torque at 3,000RPM. So unless traffic is crawling, you're going to have to shift higher than that to actually accelerate at anything more than a slow pace.
    Yeah, but as soon as you hit VTEC, that massive torque kicks in and you leave traffic in the dust. VTEC is amazing yo.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    I would have to say our cars, even not modded, are faster than 90% or maybe 95% of what I see on the street. I think I'm gonna keep track with a piece of paper for a while, and see what I actually see as the percentage. I'm not talking about places where hot cars gather, or that car in the garage some people have that they drive for maybe 1,000 miles per year, just normal drivers, like I use Too Fast for.

Of course there will always be cars that can spank/put busloads on an LS1 F-body, but those usually are modded.

It all depends on what area you live in. I am in Northern VA. People have serious money out here. We have a Maserati and Ferrari dealership in Loudon County. They don't just put those anywhere. I am just talking about if you cruise the area and what you see on the street. Sure they could be daily drivers or garage queens, but they happen to be out there. Modded or not. Plus, the new cars that are being put out are being made faster and quicker. I rarely drive my car which is why I have had it for 9 years and only 47,XXXmi. I guess you can put mine in the garaged cars category.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

Plus we have a lot of Vettes in the area as well...

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Well, I counted, and I can usually get to 50 cars or so before I see one that might be able to keep up, or possibly beat our F-bodies. Like you said, it all depends on the area. If I lived in Hamilton County, our next county north, I bet the count would be a lot lower. I believe Hamilton is one of the highest average income counties in the US, in the top 15 I think, but no Ferrrari, Maserati dealers. Lots of AMGs, Porsches and Beemers seen driving up there, tho.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

I work in a super ncie area, saw a bentley on lunch and i usually see a couple asto nmartins adn high end BMWs, 911 turbos and what not. Down the street though there si a exotic car dealer, with lots of lotus, ferrari, lambo and other assortied awesome cars fro mall years 60s-present. But as of late i have see n10-15 new body style m5s and ik there not the same ones over and over again because they all have different rims/exhausts/color combos.

Well, I counted, and I can usually get to 50 cars or so before I see one that might be able to keep up, or possibly beat our F-bodies. Like you said, it all depends on the area. If I lived in Hamilton County, our next county north, I bet the count would be a lot lower. I believe Hamilton is one of the highest average income counties in the US, in the top 15 I think, but no Ferrrari, Maserati dealers. Lots of AMGs, Porsches and Beemers seen driving up there, tho.
    Strangely, in my area there is a big split in import performance. Either they are slow, and rediculously fast. I can hypothesis that this is because most imports start out slow, and most have to go forced induction to be really fast, so why not go with a nice turbo setup.

Most of my buddies have some serious street imports. They all run 10s in the 1/4 and trap around 130mph. We have no problems taking down F-bodies, whatsoever, and hardly ever run into one on the street that puts up a fight.

The majority of imports that think they're the shit, and can't back it up deserve to be spanked. You F-body guys need to show these ricers their place.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    Strangely, in my area there is a big split in import performance. Either they are slow, and rediculously fast. I can hypothesis that this is because most imports start out slow, and most have to go forced induction to be really fast, so why not go with a nice turbo setup.

Most of my buddies have some serious street imports. They all run 10s in the 1/4 and trap around 130mph. We have no problems taking down F-bodies, whatsoever, and hardly ever run into one on the street that puts up a fight.

The majority of imports that think they're the shit, and can't back it up deserve to be spanked. You F-body guys need to show these ricers their place.
    No doubt there are fast imports. A well built one gets my respect. The typical pimple faced ricer, tho, no way. 'Specially when all they do is put on fart cannons and decals, and tacky body kits that are not painted.

No doubt there are fast imports. A well built one gets my respect. The typical pimple faced ricer, tho, no way. 'Specially when all they do is put on fart cannons and decals, and tacky body kits that are not painted.
    That is why you need to show them what real horsepower is so maybe they will learn something and not turn into a life long ricer.
    Last edited by Superluminal; 10-02-2009 at 09:59 AM.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Last week when I took my car out for the first time in long time. I met a bunch of HONDA boys that really did not know real power.

They asked me to take them for a ride since they never been in a Turbo car only (Build N/A Honda's that were "Fast"} I really didnt wanna waste my gas but Im a nce guy. So I said sure no prob. Now im not the fastest car in the town. But I put up a good fight.

I had 3 guys in 3 different rides SPEECHLESS after. I converted EVERY one of them into not only Dumping honda's. But also to dump there money in a rwd car as a FWD is for Bitches.

Sometimes you really just gotta show them how stuff really is.

Thread Information