Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Dissapointing weekend..

Mods:

Bolt-ons: SLP Lid, Ported T/B, LS6 intake, QTP headers, 3" ORY, cutout
    Transmission: SS4000, trans go
    Tires: Nitto 555Rs
    Tune: Tuned for 93 octane, but no longer available (only 91), i was tuned for an SS3600, no new tune for the new stall, t/b, or cutout. Not sure if this would help much or not.

First race was against a B4C with only a lid, seems like a factory freak to me and others think so as well. Started at about 40 ended at about 70 i bet. He took off first but i couldn't even real him in....0-1. Behind by a car or so, and he was pullin a bit, i was impressed.

2nd race was against a forged 347, not much for mods. Goodyear slicks and skinnies, open headers, transbrake, i think thats about it. He has a swapped th350 with a 3600, not sure what his STR is, but mine is 2.6 and i think that's too high and thats why I lose. Not sure of his gears either, but i have 2.73s.

I spun a bit at the start after I stalled it up to about 3k, possibly too much, and i spun till probably till 30mph and he jumped a car and I couldn't real him in. So i lose by a car. Why I can't real him in, idk...STR is at fault? I needed to drop my PSI a bit and maybe a longer burnout, didn't get that chance though.

3rd race we try again and i spin more and he spins more and he gives up at about 50 or 60...

So i guess I am 1-3 and IDK why my car is slow for what it has done. It has a new fuel filter, but maybe the plugs need changed or something. The previous owner changed them out, but that was like 2 years ago. The T/B is clean and the MAF looks fine to me. I think if i could of hooked better I would of won though.

Plz help, maybe i should get my tune looked at or try swapping my plugs for the first time. Plz don't say to add more mods, I wanna know why I can't beat this guy. I know the th350 has better gearing and he has slicks for gods sake but i really think its because my converter is so inefficient with the 2.6 STR. I really feel as though I should have reeled him in, but now I am thinking I should of gotten a PT4000 since the STR is only 2.2. Does STR play as big of a role as I am making it out to be? M/Ts would probably solve all my problems.

Sorry for the book.
    Last edited by allbaugh_04; 08-16-2009 at 09:02 PM.

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

get some fucking 3.42's and go whip all their asses.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

A local guy has a 9" for sale and will put 3.45s in it for 1800 dollars. I am thinking about getting it...

Doesn't a stall pretty much eliminate gearing, cuz it hits 4k almost instantly..

Red
    2001 WS6

Damn timmy this is a suprise to me. Who are these guys some friends of yours?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Condolences on your weekend. As stated, gears would definitely help for the next time you meet up with these guys. Then get some practice in after the install to optimize your launch.

black
    1993 mustang

get some gears, a new stall to match your gears and don't forget a trans cooler. also get it tuned correctly for the mods and 91 octane.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by clint195 View Post
    Damn timmy this is a suprise to me. Who are these guys some friends of yours?
    Yes i know them, ...

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Condolences on your weekend. As stated, gears would definitely help for the next time you meet up with these guys. Then get some practice in after the install to optimize your launch.
    The only way i'll get gears is if i buy the 9" with the 3.45s in it i mentioned earlier. I will practice my launch and see what I can do. I spin bad enough with just the 2.73s.

Maybe it's time for some LCA's, LCA relocation brackets, something..

Quote Originally Posted by tegaman111 View Post
    get some gears, a new stall to match your gears and don't forget a trans cooler. also get it tuned correctly for the mods and 91 octane.
    I got huge transmsission cooler and yes i should retune it.
    Last edited by allbaugh_04; 08-17-2009 at 06:57 PM.

Thread Information