1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by najaf4life View Post
    I killed myself a SS 6-spd...
    Mods? Tranny? How many lengths

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Mods? Tranny? How many lengths
    was heading home and saw a brand new Camaro pull out and well low and behold I'm first at the light (two lane on my side) I take off kinda good to catch up... well after a couple of miles trying to get him to race and a spot were isn't to many people we finally are able to get side by side...(starting off right around 50 mph) within a 100yds or so I had someone in front of me but he had no one in front of him... well he punches it and I follow.. he got the jump and I started to reel him in really fast... well I had to slow down because of the car in front of me... I slide in behind him.. hit it again... well not long after have to get out of it... well we finally pass the car in the slow lane... put it to the floor again and at this point he is going into the slow lane and I start pullin him (at this time we are going about 90mph or so) and by time I get out of it I am already going 130mph... and well I had at least two lenghts on him I'm so glad that I finally got to see one on the road right by me and well of course I beat it.... well got some pics of that car after this took place...

and my mods are Lid, Longtube, off road Y, no cats, flowmaster, 555r's, Transgo, Circle D "3C" and a K&N

silver
    2002 ws6

was heading home and saw a brand new Camaro pull out and well low and behold I'm first at the light (two lane on my side) I take off kinda good to catch up... well after a couple of miles trying to get him to race and a spot were isn't to many people we finally are able to get side by side...(starting off right around 50 mph) within a 100yds or so I had someone in front of me but he had no one in front of him... well he punches it and I follow.. he got the jump and I started to reel him in really fast... well I had to slow down because of the car in front of me... I slide in behind him.. hit it again... well not long after have to get out of it... well we finally pass the car in the slow lane... put it to the floor again and at this point he is going into the slow lane and I start pullin him (at this time we are going about 90mph or so) and by time I get out of it I am already going 130mph... and well I had at least two lenghts on him I'm so glad that I finally got to see one on the road right by me and well of course I beat it.... well got some pics of that car after this took place...

Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size

and my mods are Lid, Longtube, off road Y, no cats, flowmaster, 555r's, Transgo, Circle D "3C" and a K&N
    nice pics-- and nice kill.... i gotta say i'm not super impressed with the performance of the new camaro--- i expected more of a run than that but i walked it pretty hard

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    nice pics-- and nice kill.... i gotta say i'm not super impressed with the performance of the new camaro--- i expected more of a run than that but i walked it pretty hard
    thanks... I"m not really either... but I do like the look of them... but I have never been inside of one yet... I can't wait to get the cam put in and then find another one oo and if you notice his plates say 2010...

silver
    2002 ws6

thanks... I"m not really either... but I do like the look of them... but I have never been inside of one yet... I can't wait to get the cam put in and then find another one oo and if you notice his plates say 2010...
    i drove it--- it drives very nice. much nicer all around experience than our cars. just needs more powa.

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

i drove it--- it drives very nice. much nicer all around experience than our cars. just needs more powa.
    that or go on a diet

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

The dealer i work at has 2 of them and the yellow with the black stripes really looks nice. People give this car too much credit and expect it to stomp on the older LS1 camaro's. The L99 ive seen dyno as low as 310 rwhp or about that but the M6 cars will pull about 350-375 rwhp. What really kills the sale for me is the dealer mark up they have, if someone wants it bad enough they pay the 7k mark up and drive off with it.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    The dealer i work at has 2 of them and the yellow with the black stripes really looks nice. People give this car too much credit and expect it to stomp on the older LS1 camaro's. The L99 ive seen dyno as low as 310 rwhp or about that but the M6 cars will pull about 350-375 rwhp. What really kills the sale for me is the dealer mark up they have, if someone wants it bad enough they pay the 7k mark up and drive off with it.
    give that a year and it'll be over.... from what i've seen it'll take a damn good m6 camaro to stomp a proper running ls1 fbody

Arctic White, red/gray

If the manual can dyno 360-370whp stock, then with bolt ons and a tune you would think 380-390whp is possible and with a cam upgrade you could see 440-460whp which would be impressive for cam/supporting mod car.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

but aren't you modded ?

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    but aren't you modded ?
    mild bolt ons yes.

Arctic White, red/gray

mild bolt ons yes.
    Well you raced an auto, they put down around 320-330whp, probably about where you are but you weigh a good 400lbs less. I wanna see a bone stock auto ls1 car run a bone stock auto 2010 camaro ss.

silver
    2002 ws6

Well you raced an auto, they put down around 320-330whp, probably about where you are but you weigh a good 400lbs less. I wanna see a bone stock auto ls1 car run a bone stock auto 2010 camaro ss.
    i would like to see that too--- i almost give the edge to the ls1 based on what i've seen.

silver
    2002 ws6

i know a guy that ordered an m6 ss... i guess i'll have to race that one before i pass judgement.

Arctic White, red/gray

Wonder how much a 10 SS would weigh with a live axle swap?

I was reading some posts on camaro5.com and there is a guy on there with bolt ons and a tune making 400whp and 403wtrq. Thats impressive.

Then i went to google and put in 2010 camaro ss dyno chart and there are a couple shop dynos posting 370ishwhp baseline and 395-405whp/400-410wtrq with long tubes, catback, intake and tune.

So the 6 speed ls3 camaro is def a 400whp car with bolt ons and tune. Im willing to bet someone will come out with a head/cam/intake manifold combo that will get this engine into the high 400s for whp.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 08-14-2009 at 12:02 PM.

silver
    2002 ws6

Wonder how much a 10 SS would weigh with a live axle swap?

I was reading some posts on camaro5.com and there is a guy on there with bolt ons and a tune making 400whp and 403wtrq. Thats impressive.

Then i went to google and put in 2010 camaro ss dyno chart and there are a couple shop dynos posting 370ishwhp baseline and 395-405whp/400-410wtrq with long tubes, catback, intake and tune.

So the 6 speed ls3 camaro is def a 400whp car with bolt ons and tune. Im willing to bet someone will come out with a head/cam/intake manifold combo that will get this engine into the high 400s for whp.
    from what i've been reading the stock ls3 heads are pretty fantastic. no need for a head swap they say. just a cam change.

Arctic White, red/gray

from what i've been reading the stock ls3 heads are pretty fantastic. no need for a head swap they say. just a cam change.

Stock ls3 heads are very good but im sure with a bigger cam and supporting mods they still leave power left on the table.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

..the only better is the ls7..i don't know about the ls9 tho

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

i know a guy that ordered an m6 ss... i guess i'll have to race that one before i pass judgement.
    Yes an M6 should be a drivers race for you and the other. BTW, why do you not have your fog lights and DRLs on for the race video? Is it because it would sap too much HP and then you might lose to the SS? Our cars look BADASS with those four front lights on.

silver
    2002 ws6

Stock ls3 heads are very good but im sure with a bigger cam and supporting mods they still leave power left on the table.
    there is probably a little room for improvement---- but how much? would you spend 2k for 20hp?
    Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Yes an M6 should be a drivers race for you and the other. BTW, why do you not have your fog lights and DRLs on for the race video? Is it because it would sap too much HP and then you might lose to the SS? Our cars look BADASS with those four front lights on.

i know i should have--- but i was so excited to be running a new ss i couldn't reach the fog light button with my raging boner in the way

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information