Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ran an 06 GT

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

get it right

Quote Originally Posted by 00ls1bird
    In response to some of your statements:

Ummmm what car doesn't and...if you run your car on a dyno before you break it in that would be stupid.

A tune can "unlock" more horsepower on any stock motor and as far as 20hp...ummm dyno please! You must be one of those guys that sell the infamous power chip/resisters on ebay.
    Actually he is right the 05 GT's are much faster than the 04's they are putting down 13.4-13.6 out of the box with a decent driver, the gt's will take the ls1's in a short race, but an ls1 driven corectly can still take one and in a longer race the ls1 prevails...i'm a ford guy driving an 03 Mach 1...and i'm not knocking ls1'a just tryin to get you to get your facts straight...If you can prove me wrong please do, but i have a few buddies with 05 Gt's and buddies with ls1's and a couple 05 and 06 GTO's (which are beasts) and we have ran plenty of races to see which cars are more efficient in the 1/4 and top end

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

forgot to mention

oh yea and i'm on my buddies name...he's in the field so don't quote anything i say on his behalf.......he would kill me

00ls1bird
    I agree that the 05gts are faster than the 99-04s but when I test drove them they just didnt have the power I felt when I drove my trans am. I mean my trans am is an auto and I can spin the tires all day from a dead stop to a 30mph roll with traction control off. I just just didnt feel that with the mustang.

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

well thats becasue the eith the new hexagonal fram rails the gts suspension no offense is stiffer than your trans. its harder to spin the tires off the line unless you dump the clutch a lil, unlike my car where you have to be damn good to even get it to launch with a stock suspension

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

those mach 1s do lay some NASTY rubber. Barely get off the line and throw it in 2nd and it'll burn em AAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL day in 2nd

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

that is true its fun as hell when your messin around but a pain in the ass when your tryin to race....without slicks or LCA's thier hard to ge off the line

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

I've witnessed it in many races against them, but any standard makes it hard to get off the line for a novice, lol. I find it fairly easy to get off the line any just about anything

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

well i'm no novice i can get it off the line no proplem, the guys whos name im on can attest to that....im actually very good in just about about anything with a stick

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

I can't get off the line now that I have an automatic

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

I'm a standard guy

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

im a standard guy too, i don't think i could live with an auto

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

well im gonna get off my friends name, good chattin with you and if anyone else reads these pages understand that i am a ford guy but i don't like bashing ls1 or any other v8, and if it came off that way it was unintentional

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

The mustang looks better ... So you chevy boys are still chatting up stock performance? Face it, no production car that the average joe can afford is fast.

I'll take the stang...Thanks,

Chris

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold
    The mustang looks better ... So you chevy boys are still chatting up stock performance? Face it, no production car that the average joe can afford is fast.

I'll take the stang...Thanks,

Chris
    #1 It's more fun when you build it

#2 Who decides what's fast?

98% of the average joes that get a ride in a Z28 for the first time are beyond impressed with how "fast" they are

The new stangs do look good, I like em. Wouldn't trade my car for one though

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    #1 It's more fun when you build it
    Yep

#2 Who decides what's fast?
    Me

98% of the average joes that get a ride in a Z28 for the first time are beyond impressed with how "fast" they are

The new stangs do look good, I like em. Wouldn't trade my car for one though
    The average joe doesn't know what fast is. He drives an eclipse, or an RSX and is beyond impressed with how fast they are, too. No production car, save a few exotics, are fast.

Chris

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

so what's fast? I say that above the average is fast, it doesn't take exotics. Low 13s off the showroom floor is fast

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

For a street car, I'd say fast is anything that can run a quarter in the 10s or better. Very fast would be 9s or better, and ridiculously fast is a street car that can run 8s. There might be a handful of cars in the country (if any) that are legitimate street cars that run in the 7s, but you really have to start twisting the definition of a street car any time you're driving around with a parachute out back.

13s were quick, though not really fast, when production cars (even corvettes and mustangs) were running 15s (early - middle 80s). When the production cars were doing 14s, 12s were pretty quick. Now, the list of 13s second cars is huge: mustangs, the old f-bodies, WRXs, EVOs, a couple of cadillacs, chargers, magnums, and every half decent performance production car on the market is running in the 13s, and they've just raised the bar for "fast." Cobras, vettes, and a couple others are running 12s. Z06s and vipers are running 11s.

For production cars, the Z06, viper, Ford GT, and a few ferraris, etc.. are fast. However, there are plenty of street cars out there that will outrun them all. You're not going to drive by them every day, and a lot of the times that you do, you won't know it. So, I'll stick with 10s and faster as my definition of fast.

Chris

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

That's rediculous, 10s in the quarter just to be "fast" on the street? not even "very fast" with 10s? I understand that the bar is being raised, but come on, in the real world "fast" is attainable by the average joe, and very fast is low 12s, 11s is awesome, and 10s, especially low 10s, is practically unbeatable on the street.

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Low 10s isn't unbeatable on the street, bud. It is fast.... that's kinda what fast means to me - difficult to beat. Whether you think it's ridiculous or not, 13s isn't fast. I think you're behind the times and just aren't exposed to what's going on out there.

I think the average joe can attain fast, but not in stock production car form.

You might not run into too many random cars on the street that'll outrun your corvette, but that doesn't mean they're not out there. The point is, if you show up to a street scene anywhere with a stockish production car, you're going to get shown a different definition of "fast." Man, my last combination put 450 to the ground and it was still slow by comparison to some of the cars at the street scenes I've been a part of.

When Corvettes, Cobras, and Vipers show up at these gatherings with a couple of bolt-ons, a lot of those guys expect that they've got the fastest thing in the lot. Then someone calls someone else and in drives a heavily modified supra, camaro, mustang, cobra... you name it. All of a sudden, the guy with the vette/viper gets the feeling he's out of his league, and rightfully so.

Don't get me wrong, 12s or better from a stock production car is impressive. 11s is even moreso, but if you have those cars and think you're fast, you are only setting yourself up. Go out to the street scene and put some money on your fast car, and watch how fast it disappears.

Chris
    Last edited by Chris Arnold; 03-03-2006 at 05:25 PM.

Thread Information