turquoise
    1995 Firebird

Injectors...oil pump..need help

well, my car started actin funny about a month ago, i own a 95 firebird 3.4l i would chug alot like it wasnt getting fuel to the motor. I thought it was the fuel pump i replaced that, and its still doing it but not as bad.. well about a week ago my car started to shake, i was comming home and pulled into the driveway and my engine was smoking. My brother said it maybe the oil pump its not circulating so its just sitting there burning. im thinking maybe its the injectors not spraying into the cylinders. The engine shakes like its getting fuel into some of the cylinders seeming like its throwin it of balance. I need some help on this one cause right now im out of a car...also if it is an oil pump are they hard to replace on a v6 bird.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by 95Fyrebyrd View Post
    well, my car started actin funny about a month ago, i own a 95 firebird 3.4l i would chug alot like it wasnt getting fuel to the motor. I thought it was the fuel pump i replaced that, and its still doing it but not as bad.. well about a week ago my car started to shake, i was comming home and pulled into the driveway and my engine was smoking. My brother said it maybe the oil pump its not circulating so its just sitting there burning. im thinking maybe its the injectors not spraying into the cylinders. The engine shakes like its getting fuel into some of the cylinders seeming like its throwin it of balance. I need some help on this one cause right now im out of a car...also if it is an oil pump are they hard to replace on a v6 bird.
    What color is the smoke? Usually if the oil pump dies the engine dies within' minutes/sec after. If the smoke is white, could indicate blown head gasket. If it is the oil pump, just replaceing it may not fix the problem you're haveing. If there is internal damage to bearing surfaces a new pump will NOT fix the engine. Check your oil for coolant, check your coolant for oil, this usually is a good indicater of blown head gasket. check your fuel filter, and fuel rail pressure, if you still think it's the fuel system but without key info about smoke color and so forth makes it hard to just guess. Usually if it's the fuel system black smoke will be emitted from the exhaust. Blue smoke usually means the engine is burning oil. If it's white as I said earlier it's usually coolant, have you changed the thermosat lately? A stuck or clogged thermostat can sometimes cause head gaskets to leak coolant into the combustion chamber. Again need somemore info...In all honesty I doubt it's the oil pump.
    Last edited by Smittro; 08-01-2009 at 04:43 PM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Thread Information