Thread: Ran with a Z28

Legend Lime
    2005 Mustang GT

Ran with a Z28

Yes, I own a 05 GT, yes I know this is a GM site.

<flame_guard>

I was driving on I-80 outside of Council Bluffs Iowa last Tuesday. A red Z-28 pulled up along side of me (not sure of hte year, the headlights were the rounded style). He nodded and I nodded back. There was a car about 10lengths ahead of me. He took off so I pulled in about 2 lengths behind him. We were doing about 70 when we started. We ran up to 135 before we ran into traffic. I couldn't catch him, but he couldn't pull away either. I signaled for my exit and pulled over, he slowed to get along side of me and gave me the thumbs up which I returned. It was a fun run.

I'm not going to be the one that comes to a rival board and talks crap about Camaros or Firebirds. I only own the Mustang because I like the looks and couldn't find a local low milage 02 WS6 at a remotely reasonable price.

It was fun to run it and I'm curious to see how well I could do from a dig. I don't race much unless it has a fart pipe so it was nice to get some attention from a decent car.

I've had two Camaros previously, A 76 Typle LT and an 82 with T-tops, man I loved the t-tops. Anyway, just thought I'd share.

BTW, I'm pretty much stock except for a AFE stage 2 intake and Magnaflow cat-back. No tune yet. Thanks for listening.

</flame_guard>

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

put down your flame gaurd, holmes. you came on here with respect and dignity. It's the duche bags who run their mouth that get flamed. Sounds like you had a good run with a car that finally gave you reason to upgrade [mod] I hear the new stangs take kindly to mods so good luck.

i was perplexed at this: "I only own the Mustang because I like the looks and couldn't find a local low milage 02 WS6 at a remotely reasonable price."

you saying a brand new gt is less than a used ws6??? that's wild...

red/black
    98 T/A

good post and very respectful

Quote Originally Posted by s197
    I'm not going to be the one that comes to a rival board and talks crap about Camaros or Firebirds. I only own the Mustang because I like the looks and couldn't find a local low milage 02 WS6 at a remotely reasonable price.
    Its getting pretty hard to find 01-02 Fbodies with low mileage at a decent price. We looked for my girlfriend's father and he couldnt find anything. He ended up with a Vert GT with like no miles for around 10-12k.Not sure on final price.
    324hp/333tq

Legend Lime
    2005 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    i was perplexed at this: "I only own the Mustang because I like the looks and couldn't find a local low milage 02 WS6 at a remotely reasonable price."

you saying a brand new gt is less than a used ws6??? that's wild...
    The buying price was higher (~22K for the WS-6 ~29K for the GT), but I could finance for 5 years at a really good rate plus have a warranty and know what I was buying. I commute 80 miles a day so the warranty was a big issue. I thought about the GTO (the exterior didn't do it for me, but the interior was excellent) but they were more than the GT.

NBM
    '00 Z28

good run. welcome to the board.

The buying price was higher (~22K for the WS-6 ~29K for the GT), but I could finance for 5 years at a really good rate plus have a warranty and know what I was buying. I commute 80 miles a day so the warranty was a big issue. I thought about the GTO (the exterior didn't do it for me, but the interior was excellent) but they were more than the GT.
    Early 05 and in 04 you could have found a GTO for the same price. But since people are now flocking to the ls2, they are now selling at a higher msrp.

The GTO's interior is awesome but a tad too compact.

1981 g-Body

Nice race and welcome to the board .

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

nice run, and I think the '05's are a dam nice lookin car!

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Good run...is your 05 a stick? I like the looks of the new stangs...too many people have one already though..and it's just going to get worse.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    Good run...is your 05 a stick? I like the looks of the new stangs...too many people have one already though..and it's just going to get worse.
    correction, too many people have V6's.

FireFox05
    The 05 V6's are EVERYWHERE.

Legend Lime
    2005 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    Yeah, it is a stick. My wife wanted an auto but I got her to change her mind.

One of the reasons I started reading this board is that I was tired of reading the same old Mustang crap and wanted to learn something new.

Here is my first Newbie question - What is the Free Mod I see some people listing on their cars?

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Yeah, it is a stick. My wife wanted an auto but I got her to change her mind.

One of the reasons I started reading this board is that I was tired of reading the same old Mustang crap and wanted to learn something new.

Here is my first Newbie question - What is the Free Mod I see some people listing on their cars?
    Cool...welcome to the board Free mods are mods that are basically free...like the FRA mod(free ram air), which is basically gutting out everything under the air filter. I'm sure they have some for your stang

NBM
    '00 Z28

There's a couple more free mods too. Like having the cooling lines bypass the TB, porting the MAF ends, and trimming the EGR tube that sticks into the intake just behind the TB. Little things that help you pick up a couple HP.

Future Super Trooper Mr. CarelessAndImprudent's Avatar
    '69 Camaro

Small car, stick, V8 = cool car

welcome to the board man

Thread Information