Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Black
    99 SS

wow, is all i have to say kind sucks that you really only hear about the 1% of people that are angry or have something go wrong with TSS. never ever in the history of this site has there been a thread posted saying how happy they are with his products? why not? sure there are a thank you here and there with maybe a few responses. it seems like everyone is out for blood here and jumps on the bandwaggon when things went wrong.

all im saying is that shit happens, hell i work for the gov't and i give people FREE furnaces, water heaters, insulation, new fridges, windows doors. all free of charge and guess what those people still bitch and complaine about the service they are given FREE OF CHARGE, no cost what so ever and its still not good enough, so it just goes to show that not everyone can be pleased even when they are given free stuff or when spending there own money.

also everyone realize that most of the emblem guys do this shit part time after a FULL work day and on the weekends to make great products for everyone, so there are going to be screw up's along the way thats just life.

I also can assure every single person on this site that TSS is not living high on the hog or super rich for doing this, his prices are fair, i dont think most people have any idea what other costs are associated with making the emblems so ill break it down for those that do not know what the costs are

supplies
    computer programs
    design time
    GM licensing
    internet service
    electric
    etc.
    i could go on, but ill end my rant.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-Omega View Post

Regarding all the inuendo and veiled threats revolving around GM CERTIFICATION/lICENSING:

All of TSS'S production companies must sign a paper with him, that they are allowed to produce parts that he authorizes them to make.

So has that been done by you TSS?

This paper must be sent to GM as a record, so they know who is making the pieces.

Also anyone selling a part from a GM manufacturer must post in their site that it is produced with permission from that person, and display their logo.

Does Afterhoughts always do this? Do the other resellers who have stepped up to defend you always do this? It would appear as f all are culpable of infractions with regard to this criteria.

Any GM items on a site, not saying they are licensed probably are not.

And so how many of TSS's resellers have violated this policy as well?

You are trying to shut me up. You can refund my money but you cannot buy my silence.
    do not talk about what you don't know–I can only assume that you are being coached by someone who has recently engaged in the licensing process.

Your last sentence gives me little to no insentive for action.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    there will be warnings handed out for going off topic or bickering in this thread. This is between TSS and the original poster. If you want to add your experience with TSS that's fine but bickering won't be tolerated.
    Sorry Zboner, that doesn't ^^^ comply with what orion just said

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner View Post
    wow, is all i have to say kind sucks that you really only hear about the 1% of people that are angry or have something go wrong with TSS. never ever in the history of this site has there been a thread posted saying how happy they are with his products? why not? sure there are a thank you here and there with maybe a few responses. it seems like everyone is out for blood here and jumps on the bandwaggon when things went wrong.

all im saying is that shit happens, hell i work for the gov't and i give people FREE furnaces, water heaters, insulation, new fridges, windows doors. all free of charge and guess what those people still bitch and complaine about the service they are given FREE OF CHARGE, no cost what so ever and its still not good enough, so it just goes to show that not everyone can be pleased even when they are given free stuff or when spending there own money.

also everyone realize that most of the emblem guys do this shit part time after a FULL work day and on the weekends to make great products for everyone, so there are going to be screw up's along the way thats just life.

I also can assure every single person on this site that TSS is not living high on the hog or super rich for doing this, his prices are fair, i dont think most people have any idea what other costs are associated with making the emblems so ill break it down for those that do not know what the costs are

supplies
    computer programs
    design time
    GM licensing
    internet service
    electric
    etc.
    i could go on, but ill end my rant.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    Sorry Zboner, that doesn't ^^^ comply with what orion just said
    see you in a couple days

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    do not talk about what you don't know–I can only assume that you are being coached by someone who has recently engaged in the licensing process.

hey man i just wanted to say, i ordered a few things from you awhile back and i was very pleased that is all

Black
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by tigersport14 View Post
    hey man i just wanted to say, i ordered a few things from you awhile back and i was very pleased that is all

see everyone ignores the good things and just foccus on the bad stuff

SOM, HO, etc...
    All Kinds

I would like to put in our personal 2 cents, we are a vendor of TSS (www.Hawksthirdgenparts.com) Over the past year or so working with Jaison over at Third Shift we could not be more happy with the products, time, and customer service from them... I'm not jst talking about being vendors. We have ordered custom emblems for our own personal cars and understand it takes time to make these. We are a large company and make mistakes as well, TS has made some small mistakes here and there but correct them right away and with no argument. We as a company and me as a personal buyer urge you to look past all of the bickering and take our experiences in to affect. TSS does a great job and there products are bar none the best out there.

Sincerely, Steven Woods
    Sales Manager
    Hawks Third Generation

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

my .02

I have never ordered a product from ts/s but I have seen his work on others cars. I have emailed him ideas about getting some work done and he responded very quickly. (money has a hold on anything car related)

I hope that the issue gets resolved and it doesn't hurt anyone in the long run. I personally don't agree with the attacking that is going on that is open to the public but that is not my choice.

In the past I had an issue with a vendor. I choose not to post up the issue and flame the vendor in public. I emailed said vendor and voiced my issue. The vendor repsonded back quickly and resolved the issue with great professionalism.

Again I hope this can come to a good resolution and I'm sorry to see the issues going on with both parties.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Well I was going to wait until tonight to post my input and GREAT experiences with Jaison but since Orion started giving out warnings(and for good reason) I'll just make it short so I don't get a warning.

Basicly Jaison and I have been working
    together on products for TBSS's. He had a little issue with shipment on a few items. Not because of his handling but because of the issuer. But the people he sold them too had VERY good understanding as to knowledge that there will NEVER be ANY business with 100% customer satisfaction. I can assure you; as well as others; that Jaison is no con artist. And as stated before....he's not making a killing off of these items. EVERY business has someone to go to. EVERY! So mistakes can and will happen. It seems to me that this was an instance were more than one incident occurre. I can assure you that Jaison DIDNT want any of this to spiral. It's more of an inconvenience for him as well as the customer. And for those very very few that have posted in this thread that actually own a business know what I am talking about.

Basicly what I'm saying is shit happens. And until someone on here that owns a demanding small business AND works a 40+ hour job comes on here and reiterates than most won't know the stress's that actually go on. You've got xxxxx orders going through there WILL be mistakes. And as said before there are some that chimed in and stated their good experience with Jaison. But not all the positives in a business,job,life are known.
    Last edited by Stone; 06-18-2009 at 08:05 AM.

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

I am going to take the bullet here. Marion your problem is NOT with Jaison its with me. I KEPT TELLING Jaison NEXT WEEK NEXT WEEK. Why? Because as stated I did this AFTER my 50+ hour work week. I work at a sign company and I have to meet dead lines. If I have no job, TSS would have been long gone a long time ago. MY bosses are great people and they told me I can use any equipment in the shop as long as I DO NOT put my side gig as a priority. Your order was during our busiest time, the end and beginiing or the year. Therefor Your stuff got pushed back. And as I recall in emails forwarded from Jaison to me you were not worried about your stuff as much as you BFs arrow. I sent that VIA UPS NEXT DAY AIR on Dec 23 and it cost me an arm and a leg. BUT i said F it. And to hear from you 2 month later that he "never" got them? I had to call on that one. I admit again it is MY fault that you never got the tracking on that. It was the Xmas holidays and I didnt send it to Jaison. And when I checked it after i got back to work it said "delivered" So there was no reason ( I thought) to send a tracking number to Jaison.

I will also add that I do LOVE it when these threads come up. The few people that have had problems always pop up. Yet where are the 5000+ other people that did get thier items and loved them? I swear I did more than 5000 thing for TSS and can say there may be 10 clients with problems.

The issue that is addressed here about TIME, is no longer an issue. I do not make emblems for TSS any more. MY job keeps me busy and I have very little to no free time to make these things. The company that is in charge now is doing a great job, sending things out in a week or two, sometimes even faster. Why? Because they do this as part of thier work day. Hell if I could have done that everything would have gone out in less than a week as well.

Also this shit about our stuffs not sticking to your car is total crap. There in not one thing you ordered that is not on my car or in a familiar location. I have had emblems on my car WAY longer than anyone on this site. And I dont use different tapes for other people. I use the same tape on my stuff that I used on your stuff.

Again I am not a part of TSS so this post is not in any form related to TSS. I am speaking for myself.
    Last edited by SandmanWs7; 06-18-2009 at 08:28 AM.

Senior Member transamprincess98's Avatar
    CT6

OH PLEASE, you have been hiding behind your reliable sources. Seems like afterthoughtauto has been handing most of your battle and would not surprise me if Deanne was writing this or coaching you...whatever...not important. she is ethical. She would do the right thing. She obviously feels you need coaching-reference her posts that point to that. She can woman-up...and apparently has gotten you the point where you can man-up.

Well, reading is fundamental. And obviously my experience with you would definitly fill a book.

My OP states it clearly: I expect my $45.00 in overblown shipping charges. That box actually said $4.80-$4.80 is stadard fee for USPS Priority the $4.00 that 0 was a typo-but I will not edit other people's words.

I paid $56.00 for smooth locks, purhased from afterthoughts and shipped to your production guy Guadaloupe, you were supposed to customize for me. Was told half were destroyed and would get other half back plus additional customized smooth locks from your them sandmanws6 partner (GM CERTIFIED/LICENSED I ASSUME). That never happened so my $56.00 for smooth locks. And the additional $80.00 I sent you to design those and you sent me those things that fell off my car.

It is in th OP...it is not any different from my original post or what
    I put in the multple multiple-mails I sent you PRIVATELY. And since you are aware PayPal charges a fee for money put in an account-and you refund by PayPal you should make sure you send a refund that covers those fees.

Regarding all the inuendo and veiled threats revolving around GM CERTIFICATION/lICENSING:

All of TSS'S production companies must sign a paper with him, that they are allowed to produce parts that he authorizes them to make.

This paper must be sent to GM as a record, so they know who is making the pieces.

Also anyone selling a part from a GM manufacturer must post in their site that it is produced with permission from that person, and display their logo.

Does Afterhoughts always do this? Do the other resellers who have stepped up to defend you always do this? It would appear as f all are culpable of infractions with regard to this criteria.

Any GM items on a site, not saying they are licensed probably are not.

And so how many of TSS's resellers have violated this policy as well?

You are trying to shut me up. You can refund my money but you cannot buy my silence.
    In this thread I don't see where anyone is trying to buy any silence. I'm seeing this as TSS as a business owner has asked you his customer what he can do for you to resolve this issue. Possibly this can be resolved in a civil manner if you give him your exact request as he asked. Just post bullet points on the items you'd like him to resolve...

Example if you think $5 per item shipping is outrageous for a $4.80 shipped item not including the materials to ship them then ask for the $.20 refund on each

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanWs7 View Post
    I am going to take the bullet here. Marion your problem is NOT with Jaison its with me. I KEPT TELLING Jaison NEXT WEEK NEXT WEEK. Why? Because as stated I did this AFTER my 50+ hour work week. I work at a sign company and I have to meet dead lines. If I have no job, TSS would have been long gone a long time ago. MY bosses are great people and they told me I can use any equipment in the shop as long as I DO NOT put my side gig as a priority. Your order was during our busiest time, the end and beginiing or the year. Therefor Your stuff got pushed back. And as I recall in emails forwarded from Jaison to me you werer not worried anout your stuff as much as you BFs arrow. I sent that VIA UPS NEXT DAY AIR on Dec 23 and it cost me an arm and a leg. BUT i said F it. And to hear from you 2 month later that he "never" got them? I had to call on that one. I admit gain it is MY fault that you never got the tracking on that. It was Xmas holidays and I didnt send it to Jaison. And when I checked it after i got back to work it said "delivered" So there was no reason ( I thought) to send a tracking number to Jaison.

I will also add that I do LOVE it when these threads come up. The few people that have had problems always pop up. Yet where are the 5000+ other people that did get thier items on time and loved them? I swear I did mover 5000 thing for TSS and can say there may be 10 clients with problem.

The issue that is addressed here about TIME, is no longer an issue. I don not make emblems for TSS any more. MY job keeps me busy and I have very little to no free time to make these things. The company that is in charge now is doing a great job, sending things out in a week or two, sometimes even faster. Why? Because they do this as part of thier work day. Hell if I could have done that everything would have gone out in mless than a week as well.

Also this shit about our stuffs not sticking to your car is total crap. There in not one thing you ordered that is not on my car or in a familiar location. I have had emblems on my car WAY longer than anyone on this site. And I dont use different tapes for other people. I use the same tape on my stuff that I used on your stuff.
    Yea all my emblems stick like a sumbitch.

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Here's my .02.

The only complaint, not even really a complaint, is the items were received a week after i'd been told. But i was given a rough estimate, not a definite date. And even still, a week late for a completely custom item was totally OK by me. I had a SUPERCHARGED emblem made, and a custom L67 emblem made (images of both are in my profile pics section or whatever its called). Both items were outstanding quality. I will admit, the supercharged one is flimsy simply because its a wide and short emblem, made out of plastic. They were exactly as i'd ordered them however, with every detail i'd wanted. I believe received what I paid for. They are expensive, but as it's been stated before, the guy has to make a profit somewhere. My parents own a small custom engraving business as well, he deals with wood and acrylic products and has himself had to go through the expensive and time consuming licensing and equipment process. As Zboner said, its a shame that people don't take into account this is a small percentage of people unhappy. If he were to poll all past costumers, you would really see the credibility. I'm not going to sit here and discredit marion and others, but I will say that my experience was 100% satisfactory, I will and have every intention of buying from TS|S again once I get money, we've already talked about my next project for a mustang. I've checked out the other 2 sources previously listed on here and was quoted items, for very very close to TS|S prices. Considering my experience with TS|S, I will keep my business with them.

EDIT: To confirm, my emblems all stick like a sumbitch as well. 3M backing was a pain to get off cuz of all the small curves and shit, but they stuck, and have gone through a power washing treatment.
    Last edited by 01RaptorTA; 06-18-2009 at 08:35 AM.

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 05 Stone Srt-4 View Post
    Yea all my emblems stick like a sumbitch.
    I know! I had some LSX emblems on my car to "test" the addhesive. Well when I finally decided to take them off The first on pulled paint off. The second one was on there too. So I used LIGHTER FLUID and it came off a bit easier, but was still a bitch.

Arctic White
    2002 WS.6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post

If I did not know it I could not have stated it so accuratly. Additionally, if it had not been so right on the money it would not have elicited this response.

Factual, not argumentative.

WOW my cousin is an engineer for GM, imagine that. Helps to have family ties.
    If there is even one inaccuracy in that post then point to it. If you cannot point to it, then I know it.

Arctic White
    2002 WS.6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanWs7 View Post
    I know! I had some LSX emblems on my car to "test" the addhesive. Well when I finally decided to take them off The first on pulled paint off. The second one was on there too. So I used LIGHTER FLUID and it came off a bit easier, but was still a bitch.
    Well, so you know I have an e-mail from TSS tellijng me to use LIGHTER FLUID to make the smooth locks adhere to the surface. Chemistry sounded all wrong to me. I am a CHEMIST...but you know his product...his PRODUCTION GUY had him pass that onto me.

Arctic White
    2002 WS.6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by transamprincess98 View Post
    In this thread I don't see where anyone is trying to buy any silence. I'm seeing this as TSS as a business owner has asked you his customer what he can do for you to resolve this issue. Possibly this can be resolved in a civil manner if you give him your exact request as he asked. Just post bullet points on the items you'd like him to resolve...

Example if you think $5 per item shipping is outrageous for a $4.80 shipped item not including the materials to ship them then ask for the $.20 refund on each
    The box containg all items:

Mirror visor overlays-PAIR
    HatchBack Emblem-1
    Trans Am door sill lettering-PAIR
    Acrylic Birds-PAIR
    RAM AIR Lettering-PAIR
    Smooth locks-white
    Smooth Locks Silver

All $5.00 per item...in one box labeled $4.80 USPS Prioroity...the additional 10 comes from the G8 Emblem and Ashtray Overlay that were never ever sent.

Is that clear enough...don't you have a record of this I DO. Most good business people keep records of these things.

Right...you never saw the items that were shipped to me. They were sent by...OH YOUR PRODUCTION GUY...and how about that string of e-mails where you tell me my stuff will be delayed even further; since, HE RAN OUT OF INK CARTRIDGES AND LABELS FOR SHIPPING....PLEASE Speare Me!!!!

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Well, so you know I have an e-mail from TSS tellijng me to use LIGHTER FLUID to make the smooth locks adhere to the surface. Chemistry sounded all wrong to me. I am a CHEMIST...but you know his product...his PRODUCTION GUY had him pass that onto me.
    Chemicals leave thin residue, as a CHEMIST you should know that, thus the reason your stuff didnt stick.

AND I WAS THE PRODUCTION GUY!!!!

Also Please quite butchering my name...its not Guadaloupe it Guadalupe or Lupe for short.

My Smooth locks are still on my car. I put them on after we sent yours out. I had extras. So dont give this BS that they did not stick. In high school we had a saying:

K.I.S.S.

Keep It Simple Stupid. Why use chemicals when the lighter fluid works. Yes you prbably used lighter fluid after but it was no use since the residue from your chemicals was already on the tape.
    Last edited by SandmanWs7; 06-18-2009 at 08:45 AM.

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

HatchBack Emblem-1
    Acrylic Birds-PAIR
    RAM AIR Lettering-PAIR
    Smooth locks-white
    Smooth Locks Silver

All $5.00 per item...in one box labeled $4.80 USPS Prioroity...the additional 10 comes from the G8 Emblem and Ashtray Overlay that were never ever sent.

Is that clear enough...don't you have a record of this I DO. Most good business people keep records of these things.

Right...you never saw the items that were shipped to me. They were sent by...OH YOUR PRODUCTION GUY...and how about that string of e-mails where you tell me my stuff will be delayed even further; since, HE RAN OUT OF INK CARTRIDGES AND LABELS FOR SHIPPING....PLEASE Speare Me!!!!

That was true. But I did get some and you got your stuff.

The ONLY refund you should get is part of the shipping. The reason you paid so much is because you did not make ONE large order, but a lot of small orders. So he was charging you shipping per item. Unfortunatlyall your stuffs shipped at the same time. So yes, Jaison give her $40 back from shipping.

Senior Member transamprincess98's Avatar
    CT6

HatchBack Emblem-1
    Acrylic Birds-PAIR
    RAM AIR Lettering-PAIR
    Smooth locks-white
    Smooth Locks Silver

I am not TSS. I just made a suggestion trying to help you resolve your situation with him.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information