Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    I won a costume contest back around Halloween. Some may remember my Waldo costume. As a prize he offered me I think $45 in free emblems, which I was stoked on. I couldn't figure out what to get since all of his emblems are so expensive and I didn't want to spend money, so I figured I'd just get a plaque for my engine bay with my SS production number on it. I figured I'd find a place for it when i got it, maybe in my engine bay or inside my car. Now I can't really complain since I got the emblems for free, but when I received the product I was less than thrilled. I got 5 separate emblems. They were also very thick. Now my dad owns a sign company, and has all the equipment that is used to make TSS's emblems, and all I can say is that I couldn't believe he gets what he does for the emblems. To here that it took months to receive a vinyl overlay is ridiculous. My dad can plan out a 40 foot sign in two hours and have it made within 4. Anyways, when I was talking to TSS about the free emblem, he sent me a pic that made it look like one emblem, which is what I wanted and thought I was getting, since it was for $45 and that would make sense. the emblems I got cost around $2 to make. I know this because my dad can do it. They are just lexan that were cut with an electric router and then had black vinyl stuck on top of them. I had to sit on my drive way with a ruler spacing them out on the back of my car, since they looked ridiculous anywhere else. Once again, they were free so I can't really complain, but come one. I haven't talked to him at all about this since I don't care enough about it, but I still think the product was sub-par.
    Hold on now, you said it yourself-there was nothing that you wanted worth $45 so you settled for something worth much less. Oh it was free too...always worth complaining about something that's free.

Taking a page out of Afterthought's book-tell your dad to seek out GM liscensing, then create a pricing structure that is robust enough to accomedate retail and direct-sale + profit for both as well as feed GM's cut of everything made-you'll see how quick that $2 product turns into a $20 item.
    Last edited by third_shift|studios; 06-18-2009 at 03:48 AM.

WS9 + Y82 = Trans Am 6speedTAthistime's Avatar

Silver
    02 Trans am

I read the first page and skipped the rest. So if i missed something thats why. In the defense of TSS.

I am a dealer of his parts (Cincyperformance.com) and i have placed many orders. I have had ZERO problems with ordering/shipping. They respond to my emails almost immediately. They have been a great company to deal with. It does take a week or so to make CUSTOMIZED emblems.

In my experiences, there just have been some people that you can't please no matter what you do. You could personally deliver the item on a silver platter to the persons house and they still would find something to complain about.

Arctic White
    2002 WS.6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 6speedTAthistime View Post
    In my experiences, there just have been some people that you can't please no matter what you do. You could personally deliver the item on a silver platter to the persons house and they still would find something to complain about.
    All true, but not the case with this complaint or the OP. So you are good with orders taking 7 months.

Big difference between a week or 2 and 7 months. And obviously you have missed all the other complaints EXACTLY LIKE THIS on this board.

More hands in the pie = more hands in the customer’s pocket = inflated prices. I find it funny/odd that the only people taking up for him are his redistributors and they are coming out of the woodwork to defend him. So it would appear that TSS is doing some damage control and telling his friends to come back him up.

So from what has been said by you and afterthoughts it would appear that the only people TSS does not cater to are those on this board....because that is what these testimonaials state.

So resellers are getting priority. But people on LS1.com appear to have less priority. Seems to be a trend here...
    Last edited by Alpha-Omega; 06-18-2009 at 04:40 AM.

Arctic White
    2002 WS.6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    I won a costume contest back around Halloween. Some may remember my Waldo costume. As a prize he offered me I think $45 in free emblems, which I was stoked on. I couldn't figure out what to get since all of his emblems are so expensive and I didn't want to spend money, so I figured I'd just get a plaque for my engine bay with my SS production number on it. I figured I'd find a place for it when i got it, maybe in my engine bay or inside my car. Now I can't really complain since I got the emblems for free, but when I received the product I was less than thrilled. I got 5 separate emblems. They were also very thick. Now my dad owns a sign company, and has all the equipment that is used to make TSS's emblems, and all I can say is that I couldn't believe he gets what he does for the emblems. To here that it took months to receive a vinyl overlay is ridiculous. My dad can plan out a 40 foot sign in two hours and have it made within 4. Anyways, when I was talking to TSS about the free emblem, he sent me a pic that made it look like one emblem, which is what I wanted and thought I was getting, since it was for $45 and that would make sense. the emblems I got cost around $2 to make. I know this because my dad can do it. They are just lexan that were cut with an electric router and then had black vinyl stuck on top of them. I had to sit on my drive way with a ruler spacing them out on the back of my car, since they looked ridiculous anywhere else. Once again, they were free so I can't really complain, but come one. I haven't talked to him at all about this since I don't care enough about it, but I still think the product was sub-par.
    Hence the post refereincing EMBLEM-BROKER. Huge mark-up...to many fingers in the pie...

I understand your disappointment. So basically, the last 2 acrylic birds and Ram Air emblems I installed above my side grills were removed by me on Saturday, June 13 2009. They were approximatly 6 weeks old..and they just fell right off the car...so easily...the Ram Air lettering was already severely degraded.

Cost of Ram Air lettering $35.00, cost of Chrome acrylic birds $45.00. approximatel 6 weeks of use.

I replaced everything with SS from dragonz28. Cost $79.95...Manufacturer's Guarantee PRICELESS!!!!

So did you receive GM licensing or packaging..or GM Certification information with your pieces??? I did not...hmmmm so should get that licensing# and file a complaint with those who can do the most good-GM.

To backup the complaint just point to all the posts on this board with same issues. Pretty simple.

AHHH and so that license# is posted on the TSS website. So is that for decoration???? DoesGM know where you get your materials. Are they put through rigorous QA/QC testing? Does that adhesive and acrylic you use pass GM QA?QC standards? So I think those are valid questions. So basically the TSS license can be traced back to February 2009. And so all the things you sold before then??? Well, so that means what? They were unlicensed?

Guess I need to do a little more research.
    Last edited by Alpha-Omega; 06-18-2009 at 05:09 AM.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    Hold on now, you said it yourself-there was nothing that you wanted worth $45 so you settled for something worth much less. Oh it was free too...always worth complaining about something that's free.

Taking a page out of Afterthought's book-tell your dad to seek out GM liscensing, then create a pricing structure that is robust enough to accomedate retail and direct-sale + profit for both as well as feed GM's cut of everything made-you'll see how quick that $2 product turns into a $20 item.
    Why not respond to the OP alligations, why only talk about the FREE emblems you sent the other guy?

Quote Originally Posted by 6speedTAthistime View Post
    I read the first page and skipped the rest. So if i missed something thats why. In the defense of TSS.

I am a dealer of his parts (Cincyperformance.com) and i have placed many orders. I have had ZERO problems with ordering/shipping. They respond to my emails almost immediately. They have been a great company to deal with. It does take a week or so to make CUSTOMIZED emblems.

Did you have to spend $45.00 on something that only cost $4.00 to ship? I noticed that AFTERHTOUGHTS has also been defending TSS, but i'm sure they haven't had to be $45.00 to TSS for shipping something that only cost $4.00......Everything on afterthoughts looks great and so does the shipping! Where is TSS shipping from HONG KONG?.........

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Damage control? You're insulting my credibility/integrity and you have a problem with my pulling in some more-than-reliable sources to help on my behalf? I was simply hoping that you and other individuals would see that if we can handle business with businesses we are absolutely capable of handling business with individuals.

Now, Marion, without writting a whole book-in 4 bullet points simply explain what you expect of us at this moment?

2000 Trans Am

Damage control? You're insulting my credibility/integrity and you have a problem with my pulling in some more-than-reliable sources to help on my behalf? I was simply hoping that you and other individuals would see that if we can handle business with businesses we are absolutely capable of handling business with individuals.

Now, Marion, without writting a whole book-in 4 bullet points simply explain what you expect of us at this moment?
    I think getting a refund for $45.00 for a $4.00 shipping box is a good start......

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

I simply posted my feedback, a little late, but I feel it needed to be done. I, personally, do not want to see TSS go down. I would like to see them take the feedback, and make things better. I don't think Jaison is a terrible person, not from the conversations we've had in the past. But, I think that he needs to get a hold on a few things in his business, and definitely get some real prices going. The thing I hated seeing most was when I bought my fuse cover for 110, then a week later saw the whole entire engine kit on sale for like 140.....

Jaison, don't take my feedback as hating on you. I definitely don't. I still love my battery cover. What I'm waiting on are solid and decent prices and real turn around times...until I see that consistently, I believe you have work to do. I'm done with this thread, I've posted more than I need to. Jaison, if you have anything at all to say to me, good or bad, you have my PM and my email.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    I simply posted my feedback, a little late, but I feel it needed to be done. I, personally, do not want to see TSS go down. I would like to see them take the feedback, and make things better. I don't think Jaison is a terrible person, not from the conversations we've had in the past. But, I think that he needs to get a hold on a few things in his business, and definitely get some real prices going. The thing I hated seeing most was when I bought my fuse cover for 110, then a week later saw the whole entire engine kit on sale for like 140.....

Jaison, don't take my feedback as hating on you. I definitely don't. I still love my battery cover. What I'm waiting on are solid and decent prices and real turn around times...until I see that consistently, I believe you have work to do. I'm done with this thread, I've posted more than I need to. Jaison, if you have anything at all to say to me, good or bad, you have my PM and my email.
    $140 was for a blank kit. After emblems they shot up to about $200+ so it was still comprable.

Arctic White
    2002 WS.6 Trans Am

Damage control? You're insulting my credibility/integrity and you have a problem with my pulling in some more-than-reliable sources to help on my behalf? I was simply hoping that you and other individuals would see that if we can handle business with businesses we are absolutely capable of handling business with individuals.?
    OH PLEASE, you have been hiding behind your reliable sources. Seems like afterthoughtauto has been handing most of your battle and would not surprise me if Deanne was writing this or coaching you...whatever...not important. she is ethical. She would do the right thing. She obviously feels you need coaching-reference her posts that point to that. She can woman-up...and apparently has gotten you the point where you can man-up.

Well, reading is fundamental. And obviously my experience with you would definitly fill a book.

My OP states it clearly: I expect my $45.00 in overblown shipping charges. That box actually said $4.80-$4.80 is stadard fee for USPS Priority the $4.00 that 0 was a typo-but I will not edit other people's words.

I paid $56.00 for smooth locks, purhased from afterthoughts and shipped to your production guy Guadaloupe, you were supposed to customize for me. Was told half were destroyed and would get other half back plus additional customized smooth locks from your them sandmanws6 partner (GM CERTIFIED/LICENSED I ASSUME). That never happened so my $56.00 for smooth locks. And the additional $80.00 I sent you to design those and you sent me those things that fell off my car.

It is in th OP...it is not any different from my original post or what
    I put in the multple multiple-mails I sent you PRIVATELY. And since you are aware PayPal charges a fee for money put in an account-and you refund by PayPal you should make sure you send a refund that covers those fees.

Regarding all the inuendo and veiled threats revolving around GM CERTIFICATION/lICENSING:

All of TSS'S production companies must sign a paper with him, that they are allowed to produce parts that he authorizes them to make.

So has that been done by you TSS?

This paper must be sent to GM as a record, so they know who is making the pieces.

So has that been done by you TSS?

Also anyone selling a part from a GM manufacturer must post in their site that it is produced with permission from that person, and display their logo.

Does Afterhoughts always do this? Do the other resellers who have stepped up to defend you always do this? It would appear as f all are culpable of infractions with regard to this criteria.

Any GM items on a site, not saying they are licensed probably are not.

And so how many of TSS's resellers have violated this policy as well?

You are trying to shut me up. You can refund my money but you cannot buy my silence.
    Last edited by Alpha-Omega; 06-18-2009 at 06:08 AM.

red
    2001 v6 camaro

Ive purchased from TSS a couple of times. Ive been 100% satisfied with my transactions every time. If I've had a problem he has been quick to step up, correct it, and keep me in the loop. I know there have been some problems with shipping time, but as stated earlier this is mostly due to a growing business.

I'm not at all trying to call BS on what happened with the OP, just stating my experience with TSS. You cant expect to have a business and not have something like this come up at some point. You simply cant please all the people, all the time. I think TSS is a great asset to this community, and i wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    I think getting a refund for $45.00 for a $4.00 shipping box is a good start......
    i didn't know your name was marion??..its best to let the parties involved deal with this by themselves

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    i didn't know your name was marion??..its best to let the parties involved deal with this by themselves
    Wow and I don't think anyone asked for your opinion..... Unless you've had some experience with dealing with TSS and have something worth saying (since this is your first posting in this thread)

Arctic White
    2002 WS.6 Trans Am

And what do you thinl I have been doing up here exactly??????

Are you saying that TSS CAN REACH OUT FOR SUPPORT AND BLOW OFF THAT OP FOUR 4 DAYS UNTIL HE CAN GATHER ENOUGH BACKUP TO MAKE A SMALL ROAR....

BUT WHEN SOMEONE MAKES A REMARK IN SUPPORT OF WHAT IS CLEARLY FAIR AND EQUITABLE THAT IS A NO NO??????

MAKE SENSE OK...CLEARLY, TSS IS NOT HANDLING THIS BY HIMSELF.

AHEM...THIS IS A FORUM-OPEN TO ALL MEMBERS-WHICH MADE IT POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO JUST ADD YOUR 0.02.

red
    2001 v6 camaro

I think he was indicating you don't need to speak for her, not that we shouldn't share our experience. And Alpha-Omega, shady was not saying don't speak your .02, but for him to not speak for you.

Arctic White
    2002 WS.6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by FreakV6 View Post
    I think he was indicating you don't need to speak for her, not that we shouldn't share our experience. And Alpha-Omega, shady was not saying don't speak your .02, but for him to not speak for you.
    It is OK...ClG82 was just reatsting the obvious. It was in the OP. I requested it in the OP. In fcat, everything just responded to was clearly stated/outlined in the OP.

LOL...I think I have made it very clear that I can speak for myself and I can stand on my own. Facts are facts. Sticking to the facts.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-Omega View Post
    It is OK...ClG82 was just reatsting the obvious. It was in the OP. I requested it in the OP. In fcat, everything just responded to was clearly stated/outlined in the OP.

LOL...I think I have made it very clear that I can speak for myself and I can stand on my own. Facts are facts. Sticking to the facts.
    when I get back to Illinois i'm going to buy you a

98 Formula
    06 duramax

there will be warnings handed out for going off topic or bickering in this thread. This is between TSS and the original poster. If you want to add your experience with TSS that's fine but bickering won't be tolerated.

2000 Trans Am

I was adding my input with the experience with TSS until he ^^^ showed up..... and I got a warning for it.........

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    there will be warnings handed out for going off topic or bickering in this thread. This is between TSS and the original poster. If you want to add your experience with TSS that's fine but bickering won't be tolerated.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    I was adding my input with the experience with TSS until he ^^^ showed up..... and I got a warning for it.........
    and you just got another one......believe me now?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information