Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Arctic White
    2002 WS.6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    I had a similar problem with someone associated with TSS, I think his name on here is Sandmanws7. anyways I paid him money for a decal to go on my rear brake light and never received it........pm'd him and he said he was on vacation and that he would refund my money (he did) and said he would send me one for free when he got back for the inconvenience........Never did, now he won't answer my pm's or emails for that matter.........My only question is why hasn't TSS replied to this thread, he is always posting all of the time..........doesn't look good for him that's for sure..........I bet if Brent Franker were to become a sponsor TSS would be out of bizness
    He is not going to respond to my complaint. I will never see my money. He knows this was all wrong. He was on yesterday at 12:59 posting a New Batch of Emblems from TSS." He knows this post is up here. He is avoiding the issue.

But may be interested in how this thread has kind of turned into a good thing see thread below:

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...72#post1964472

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-Omega View Post
    He means that by virtue of taking that sentence away it changed the entire sentence structure of his reply...and it did

The comment was honest and a remark many men in business believe to be true if you are unfaithful/cheat/lie/steal, etc.... in one area of your life then that behavior permeates to all areas of your life. Therefore, due to what he felt was inapproriate behavor, he would never purchase anything from TSS again.

However, when the sentence was removed...granted not appropriate-it changed the syntax of his response....read the words...his post sounds all positive and then his point at the end is he will never purchase from TSS again. However, the qualifying sentence/statement (THE WHY, ref **edit**) has been removed. It was edited because essentialy it could be construed as hearsay or speculative.

Of course he had the option to go back in and reedit it if he chose to do so.
    Exactly.. ok, maybe what I said was a little unappropriate.. but still true. If I was going to be dealing with someone with my money.. I would want to know they are an honest and trust worthy person.. I have written proof that he is not.. not just my opinion. Just trying to spread knowledge that most would not know. But either way, I am done with him as well as sending more work his way.
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-Omega View Post
    He is not going to respond to my complaint. I will never see my money. He knows this was all wrong. He was on yesterday at 12:59 posting a New Batch of Emblems from TSS." He knows this post is up here. He is avoiding the issue.

But may be interested in how this thread has kind of turned into a good thing see thread below:

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...72#post1964472
    Yay!!!

Arctic White
    2002 WS.6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Streak View Post
    Exactly.. ok, maybe what I said was a little unappropriate.. but still true. If I was going to be dealing with someone with my money.. I would want to know they are an honest and trust worthy person.. I have written proof that he is not.. not just my opinion. Just trying to spread knowledge that most would not know. But either way, I am done with him as well as sending more work his way.
    OK...well thought about that word INAPPROPRIATE...and Poor Choice of Wording ...may have been a better phraseology.

It is ok to say TSS lacks integrity and honesty in various areas of his life. That is obvious. It has been publicized many times on this board. Basically, these adjectives say the same thing you were trying to convey. However, choosing these particular adjectives changes the delivery. Same impact slightly different delivery.

I agree with your philosophy. I am sure you do have that in writing. I have a lot of things in writing too that show TSS lacks honesty and integrity. I am also done with him.

From the response to this thread http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...72#post1964472 I would say so are many.
    Last edited by Alpha-Omega; 06-17-2009 at 02:33 PM.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Alright, I'll chime in. I bought a front license plate bird vinyl overlay from TSS, I think I Pay-palled in mid April '08, I was expecting it by June 1st. First, there were delays, he informed me after I PM'd in late May '08. Then, June rolled around I got another PM late June saying the batch was too thin, they were making another, upgraded batch, sorry for the delay but these are better and they cost me more. Finally got the front bird overlay sometime late July. I really thought he had them in stock and I could've received them by mid May. It took way longer then I expected, but I did get the overlay and it still looks good today.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

First time i'm seeing this post-not entirely sure why this had to become public after I thought it was resolved in private? Seeing as the very first statement is clear as a bell "i was under the impression all things were resolved when I refunded you..."

If that was not the case, then why didnt you just tell me then?

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

It looks like Brent has seen the thread and wants to be left out of it...He wants me to delete my post, but i think he is referring to my quoting Alpha. I emailed him back, we will see.

But yeah, if he wants his name kept out of it, we should respect that. This thread is about TSS

Arctic White
    2002 WS.6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    First time i'm seeing this post-not entirely sure why this had to become public after I thought it was resolved in private? Seeing as the very first statement is clear as a bell "i was under the impression all things were resolved when I refunded you..."

If that was not the case, then why didnt you just tell me then?
    OOOHHHH GEEEEZZZEEEE AREN YOU KIDDING ME???

Just goes to show all I put up here is 100% true. You did not read not one word I wrote to you.

OH ONE MORE THING...I have searched the smiley options for a LAME smiley...and I could not find one...So I need to find the Suggestion Box thread on this board...and SUGGEST THEY MAKE ONE; since, it would be just perfect for responses to posts like this.
    Last edited by Alpha-Omega; 06-17-2009 at 10:51 PM.

http://www.fquick.com/mebecker1

"Hydrogen is an odorless, colorless gas that, given enough time, turns into people."

"If you're going through hell, keep going."

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

:\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Arctic White
    2002 WS.6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    It looks like Brent has seen the thread and wants to be left out of it...He wants me to delete my post, but i think he is referring to my quoting Alpha. I emailed him back, we will see.

But yeah, if he wants his name kept out of it, we should respect that. This thread is about TSS
    Brent saw the thread because I sent him the link. No he did not say that he wanted to be kept out of anything in his e-mail...he said he wanted me to edit my post ...so I did and he wanted you to fix your quote by eliminating it...or by substituting my eidted quote...that is whathe said and I have his e-mail to show that....

Lets keep the facts facts...

In fact, he said he was very pleased with all the very nice remarks...and did not care people mentioned his name at all.

So go take a look at the edited post and reread what i sent you in his request. I also sent it to the moderator...asked for the same thing from him. Oh could just post his request right here if you like.

OH NEVER MIND MODERATOR TOOK CARE OF IT...JUST CHECKED YOUR POST HAS BEEN EDITED TO REFLECT MY EDIT...WOO HOO BRENT WILL BE HAPPY ....IT'S ALL GOOD
    Last edited by Alpha-Omega; 06-17-2009 at 06:40 PM.

Junior Member Afterthoughts Auto's Avatar

White
    2000 Firehawk

Well I usually don't jump into these threads but feel compelled. We just started working with Jaison and TSS so we could sell their newly licensed GM products on our site. The items I have seen so far have been awesome and we are happy to have them available for our customers. We are working on getting more of the common items in stock so shipping will be fast. But custom items always tend to take longer than you would like and you are at the mercy of suppliers who don't share your office space. I can't speak towards Marion's problems and I'm sorry to hear she had a bad experience. Marion is a great customer and we have enjoyed helping her with her car. I hope her and Jaison can work something out.

I can speak to the issues a small company faces when they are going through growing pains. TSS is making some really cool items and demand sometimes can swamp you and you can get behind fast. I also know that it takes a lot of time and effort to go through the GM licensing process so you can LEGALLY reproduce and sell GM's trademarks on items you create. They make you jump through hoops, you have to get an insurance policy, you have to pay up front licensing fees, you have to have all your products inspected and approved, etc. etc. You have to wait for approval for everything you do. Sometimes you have to change suppliers of your parts and it is hard to find a good supplier to work within the margins you have after you pay GM their money for using their trademarks. It really shocks me to see how many people think they can just go out and buy a vinyl cutting machine and start infringing on GM's trademarks and copyrights. Does everyone not realize that this is illegal? GM owns those trademarks. They aren't free for everyone to copy as they please and make a profit on. It seems people are ready to support Brent Franker and his business but it appears to me he has being selling vinyl illegally for years. If he has obtained GM licensing he clearly does not show it on his site like he should. But if he has it then I'm glad and would buy from him. I don't really mean to single him out because there are plenty more on eBay and on the boards doing the same thing. Does everyone remember what happened to customers who were illegally downloading music from Napster? They can go after you too for buying illegal products. Yes they make cool items and can sell them cheaper because they don't have GM to account to, but at what cost and what about their ethics?

Deanne
    Afterthoughts Auto
    Last edited by Afterthoughts Auto; 06-17-2009 at 06:53 PM. Reason: add siggy/typo

Arctic White
    2002 WS.6 Trans Am

Well, Brent was just a casual remark in this thread. He has a good reputation and stands behind his merchandise. Hence, all the positive remarks.

I do alot of business with him. I do busiess with you. Never had any problems with either of you. The customer service/satisfaction was/is excellent-always. Additionally, another vendor mentioned casually was 4th Circle Designs...no problem there either.

None of my purchases from TSS came with any GM licensing information. If it had I would have taken that information and filed a complaint with GM. 7 months to wait for an order with the e-mail trail I have provided is absurd. To quote another member on this forum:

"Hell, in seven months he could have brought it to your house on a bicycle, and rode the bike back home.
    I absolutely knew one day this would happen. His problem is, that it will happen again, and again. He has no solution for the problem.
    Charging you $45.00 to ship something that costs $4.00 is just plain theft. It’s just wrong, period. However, if you complain, he
    can pay you some hush money, since he just made it all on your shipping anyway."

When I got the products they did not adhere to anything. No matter what process was used. I wrote and wrote and wrote. Nothing. Just more of TSS ignoring my e-mails and sending me responses that did not adress what I did write.

The number of complaints regarding TSS and their operation on this board is astronomical. that would speak for itself. Trying to soft-peddle this and make a plea for sympathy for TSS, beacuse of tiers of GM licensing citeria, is not going to change any of that. TSS does not cut these designs. This work is farmed out to another third party vendor (ref guadaloupe. sandmanws6, and now his new vendor mentioned in e-mail trail of OP).

TSS is a middle-man. TSS takes orders, collects cash, and makes excuse upon excuse for why your order has not arrived for 7 months. TSS has you jump thru 2 months of hoops for a UPS insurance claim and then writes to you and informs you he is bailing on the claim. Then TSS sends you an e-mail which clearly states he knew 2 months previously he could not deliver what he took your money for.

How about the post up here from the man who ordered a front bird vinyl overlay from TSS and it took in excess of 2 months to receive it. That is unheard of. ut, do not have much room to talk. I oordered one from TSS in my first order and it took 4 months (guess I missed out on the 2.5 month list) to receive that (oh no GM licening# no GM packaging @$35.00). I was expecting some amazing vinyl decal and it was definitly not great quality because I had to replace it two months later. This time I used acrylic becuase the SS I wanted was not available.

I am aware TSS partnered up with you. I am well aware of all the hoops one has to jump through to get GM licensing.

I have no qualms dealing with afterthoughts. I will not deal with TSS. People are making positive remarks about positive people they have dealt with. Generally, that is the way things go.

I have ordered many GM Certified items from dragonz28-AKA 2 names will not mention-who is a new sponsor on this board. Their products are amazing and their customer support/satisfaction policy is the best. Have not had any problems with anything I have ordered from them. I will continue to do business with them.

So now you have seen postive remarks posted for a company with GM Certification/Licensing that is a sponsor on this board...Brent Franker aside. All the items I receive from dragonz28 come in GM CErtified/Licensed wrapping with a clearly printed license#. I have never recived an item like that from TSS.

Since all of their items have basically fallen off my vehicle; and, I removed the rest before they did. I would be more then glad to send them to someone who could inspect them for a license#. Tehy certainly did not come with a receipt, or an invoice.

Additionally, paying $5.00 per item for shipping ($45.00 for this order) and receiving a box cllearly labeled $4.80 USPS Priority mail...and NOT EVEN INSURED...is a grevious misrepresentation.

No Deanne I never had an experience like this with you. I like you abnd plan to order again and again from you. You are a great vendor and I would recommend you as a great seller/provider and I have many times.

But, TSS is a whole different issue altogether. So PEACE OUT
    Last edited by Alpha-Omega; 06-17-2009 at 09:32 PM.

2000 Trans Am

[QUOTE=

The number of complaints regarding TSS and their operation on this board is astronomical. that would speak for itself. Trying to soft-peddle this and make a plea for sympathy for TSS, beacuse of tiers of GM licensing citeria, is not going to change any of that. TSS does not cut these designs. This work is farmed out to another third party vendor (ref guadaloupe. sandmanws6, and now his new vendor mentioned in e-mail trail of OP).

TSS is a middle-man. [B]TSS takes orders, collects cash, and makes excuse upon excuse for why your order has not arrived for 7 months[/B].

QUOTE]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sandmanws6 is who when I confronted TSS said used to work for him and no longer does. The excuses are what bothers me the most about this whole situation. I thought TSS was a stand up guy, and maybe he is but maybe retail just isn't his thing.........

Arctic White
    2002 WS.6 Trans Am

TSS is just a broker – he takes your money, keeps some of it, and gives the rest to the person making your items and they ship it out to you. The man has no idea how to run a business or handle himself professionally. He should call himself “The emblem broker” because all he does is negotiate a deal between a customer and a manufacturer. A real estate agent does the same thing he does. It’s a joke.

All these people who have partnered up with him in the past now are trying to save face by defending him so they don’t look like they made a deal with the devil.
    Last edited by Alpha-Omega; 06-17-2009 at 08:37 PM.

Bright Red
    99 Firehawk #157 Roadster

FWIW:
    I have ordered from both of these guys and have had good deals with them both. I will also go on to say I have also had to wait on both and one was several months and it was cool because he kept me in the loop and it wasn't who you think! As far as I have always known, Brent does his car related business after a real day job not related to cars, IE: on the side, if that has changed in the last year or so and he is full time in his stuff, kudos to him. I also knew TSS/Jason was the contact/front man and someone else, somewhere else did production, which again was cool, both of these guys started out because they love cars, they did not wake up one day and say: Wow, I'm going to be a millionaire selling camaro and firebird decals or plastic emblems, they do it out of love for our cars, first. As I also understood it TSS/Jason was the artist so to speak of their operation and maybe was still in school? Whatever, I also happened to be in on, so to speak, the Gm licensing thing with TSS, he didnt wake up one day and say I need to contact GM and give them money so I can make some plastic emblems and widgets, Someone (who we all know, who runs a performance car shop) threatened him with legal actions unless he did, so he complied I suspect. My view is this, these are two separate "mom and pop" shops who does their own thing, if this issue with the O.P. are deals of less than a few hundred dollars, it would be cool if these guys can eventually get it worked out, then so be it. I don't think a linch mob mentality is needed, these are car guys first and foremost, just like the rest of us.
    Again, I am not taking any sides, I buy from both, I give them my money and when they make something else cool I need, I will likely do so again.
    This forum as well as most of them now have feedback areas or trader ratings for this type of stuff. IMHO, this type of airing the laundry doesn't really solve the problem, they should try to resolve this behind closed doors. IMHO

Arctic White
    2002 WS.6 Trans Am

"Hell, in seven months he could have brought it to your house on a bicycle, and rode the bike back home.

I absolutely knew one day this would happen. His problem is, that it will happen again, and again. He has no solution for the problem.
    Charging you $45.00 to ship something that costs $4.00 is just plain theft. It’s just wrong, period. However, if you complain, he
    can pay you some hush money, since he just made it all on your shipping anyway."
    Last edited by Alpha-Omega; 06-17-2009 at 09:21 PM.

Arctic White
    2002 WS.6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 99'CajunFirehawk157 View Post
    FWIW:
    I also happened to be in on, so to speak, the Gm licensing thing with TSS, he didnt wake up one day and say I need to contact GM and give them money so I can make some plastic emblems and widgets, Someone (who we all know, who runs a performance car shop) threatened him with legal actions unless he did, so he complied I suspect. IMHO
    And know exactly what happened with that. I do know all that dirt. and inappropriate to discuss that here too. And that was a VALID COMPLAINT...and only a COMPLAINT in your words drove TSS to get licensed before he got nailed.

The key criteria there was what was going to cost him less.

Additionally, TSS may not be getting rich selling acrylic and vinyl embelms and decals; however, I will be damned if I am going to go broke buying substandard merchandise.

I will take my business and money elsewhere. 7 month wait; and, had to rig every piece I bought. Are you kidding??? It would have been more profitable for me if I had put it in my 401K for 7 months.
    Last edited by Alpha-Omega; 06-17-2009 at 11:15 PM.

Junior Member Afterthoughts Auto's Avatar

White
    2000 Firehawk

I don't see a problem with a company being the "middle man" or the designer of items. We don't actually produce the Firebird clear license plates here at our place. We had to hire a company to make a new mold for us after we acquired the original mold, then get GM approval since the bird was a trademark, then give the shop the okay to run the parts. It was a big investment and took forever. We don't produce our own vinyl in house either. We use a professional vinyl shop who had to submit product information of every piece to GM before they would approve it. I guess they thought it might catch on fire or something, who knows why it was such an ordeal, but it dragged on for months.

The point is, there is nothing wrong with hiring people to make your ideas when they have the expertise to make a good product. It is done in business all the time. A good portion of the sponsors on this site are selling products made by someone else. We sell SLP exhausts...we don't make them. You do have to get the supply chain flowing well and have a reliable supplier when you don't do something in-house yourself. From what I've seen in the last few months working with Jaison it looks like he is heading in the right direction. Time will tell. There is a learning curve when you start something up and unfortunately some is trial and error. I've severed many relationships with vendors who cannot produce product. It is a frustrating situation to be in for sure, especially when you have orders pending and you yourself are getting the run around on your anticipated shipment. I just waited 4 months to get some Camaro grilles in that we needed to have powder coated. Every time I checked my supplier told me 2 weeks. I would check back in 2 weeks and get told 2 weeks. This went on for 4 freaking months. I had already told our customers "2 more weeks" a few times. I looked like a liar. I found a new supplier.

Hope you guys can resolve the issues.

Deanne

PS - Marion, I like you too and appreciate your positive comments. I remember freaking out when you had that steering wheel radio control issue. Oh my that was something...

Arctic White
    2002 WS.6 Trans Am

'PS - Marion, I like you too and appreciate your positive comments. I remember freaking out when you had that steering wheel radio control issue. Oh my that was something... "

And we were never able to install them in an 02 TA. But, did get them into a 2000 Firebird that had the upgraded steering wheel and Monsoon Stereo.

What you say is accurate and correct. My complaint has nothing to do wiith afterthoughtauto.

However, that is not what is happening here. I have no documnetation, no license #, no packaging, no invoice, no receipt of any kind that indicate any of my pieces are GM Certified or Licensed in any way. Additionally, There is/was nothing stamped on anything I purchased.

That is the 3/4/5 th time I have said this. If I did have that information you can bet I would complain directly to GM. That would be an option for GM Certified/Licensed items.

This has to do with substandard products. Products that were purchased and did not perform as advertised.

Looks like from the responses in this thread that this has been a trend. And if you take a good look around this board you will see so many many many more complaints with far more brutality than mine.

So how come TSS is not up here addressing this anyway. Not like he has not been called out. Can't TSS stand on his own? Some people may not be happy about that; but, he needs to address this. His mess RIGHT!!!

HMMMMMM thinking must have smething to do with the I dunno I duuno, this is the fisrt time I have seen this....response in #46. Excuse me the blonde does not go all the way to the brain cells. And do not think for one second I am unaware of his watchful eyes....watching this thread...

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

I won a costume contest back around Halloween. Some may remember my Waldo costume. As a prize he offered me I think $45 in free emblems, which I was stoked on. I couldn't figure out what to get since all of his emblems are so expensive and I didn't want to spend money, so I figured I'd just get a plaque for my engine bay with my SS production number on it. I figured I'd find a place for it when i got it, maybe in my engine bay or inside my car. Now I can't really complain since I got the emblems for free, but when I received the product I was less than thrilled. I got 5 separate emblems. They were also very thick. Now my dad owns a sign company, and has all the equipment that is used to make TSS's emblems, and all I can say is that I couldn't believe he gets what he does for the emblems. To here that it took months to receive a vinyl overlay is ridiculous. My dad can plan out a 40 foot sign in two hours and have it made within 4. Anyways, when I was talking to TSS about the free emblem, he sent me a pic that made it look like one emblem, which is what I wanted and thought I was getting, since it was for $45 and that would make sense. the emblems I got cost around $2 to make. I know this because my dad can do it. They are just lexan that were cut with an electric router and then had black vinyl stuck on top of them. I had to sit on my drive way with a ruler spacing them out on the back of my car, since they looked ridiculous anywhere else. Once again, they were free so I can't really complain, but come one. I haven't talked to him at all about this since I don't care enough about it, but I still think the product was sub-par.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information