Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

I ordered an SS Dash Plaque from TSS. The process went well, the order shipped quickly, and I received it in perfect shape. The install was not as smooth as expected, but I rigged it up with gorilla glue and stuff to be a nice, stock appearance. Nice emblem considering it is not the real deal. Good luck to everyone who is having issues.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

I'm going to keep this short and straight to the point. And I was friendly throughout the entire process of my transactions, even to the point of asking for a refund. Jaison cannot deny that. I have every email sent to me, my PM's at the time of refund were the only things I ever deleted.

Here goes...

3/26/2008 - After getting a good design for a battery cover, sent a payment of $80.00 via PayPal. Was told via email from Jaison, "Typical turn around is 3 weeks. We'll get you a pic and tracking number then."

I waited patiently and said nothing...for a day shy of 6 weeks...

5/6/2008 - Given tracking number, via email from Jaison. No pic. Tracking number had no information on it. Checked it everyday for at least 3 weeks. Received no cover.

After being told a couple times to give it a little more time, which I did (and VERY patiently), Jaison decided to make me a new one no charge, even redesign at no cost. Stand up guy, can't complain about that. Also decided to go ahead and order matching PCM and fuse cover to go with.

6/17/2008 - Decided on design for PCM and fuse cover, and sent $60 via PayPal for them, which I believe was an "at-cost" price for added reparations for the vanishing battery cover.

8/21/2008 - I'm not even going to count how many weeks later that is, it's a lot more than even 6. BUT, again I waited patiently. Received an email from Jaison, "hey bud, your pieces shipped on monday or tuesday from Dallas, so they should be there very soon. i don't have the tracking info with me, but they should be there in the next few days!!!....Thanks for bearing with us through all of this-please understand this wasn't priority thing for paying the cost price, we never anticipated the volume of time each order would take and really shot ourselves in the foot with the pricing. Anyway, hope to hear a happy response soon!!!"

8/22/2008 - Received my covers...the battery cover looked fantastic. The fuse and PCM covers looked very, very rushed, but I didn't complain as I didn't want to wait forever for new ones, and I got these at a great price I thought.

Sometime early January, I had car problems (my throttle got stuck wide open on the highway, scary stuff...), had it towed to a mechanic, who accidentally broke my fuse cover, barely moved it and the plexi (sp?) just snapped. He gave me free labor that day because he did that. No problem. So I decided to go ahead and order a new one (tax time, I had some extra money)

2/6/2009 - After deciding on a cover, was quoted 110 dollars for the fuse cover. Steep as I thought the price was for just one cover, I went ahead and sent payment via PayPal because it was tax time, I had the extra money. Was told, "You'll get it in 5 weeks and sects it, ok!?"

3/26/2009 - A day shy of 7 weeks later, and the anniversary of ordering the first battery cover, weird....

Anyway, asked for an update. Email from Jaison stated,"Lupe said he's still working on paint filling it. Hopefully soon it will go out."

Deleted my PM's to clear space, and forgot to back up my old ones, so I don't have the exact information, but I decided this time to very kindly ask for my money back. After a little fuss, Jaison agreed to do so. Received a full refund of $110 via PayPal on 3/30/2009.

In essence, I had 3 total orders from Jaison, none of which were delivered timely, if at all. The battery cover looked great, but the others I had received just didn't reflect the same. The etching was poor, the paint fill was sloppy, and as far as the fuse cover, it is very flimsy...

That is the extent of my experience. I haven't, don't and won't bash TSS. As far as I can tell, there are no hard feelings between Jaison and me. But I will not order from TSS again, unless I see hard proof that they are running their operation as what I see as a true business.
    Last edited by Y2KArcticSS; 06-16-2009 at 08:13 AM. Reason: my poor use of "there, their, and they're" due to fast typing....

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

why risk any aggrevation dealing with lies and bs... find someone like Brent Franker that does great work and actually deliver.
    google his name and you will find a link. I dealt with Brent several times, and got everything fast, that's including border crossing and customs.
    I've had my share of real lots packages from UPS/Fedex... but those got resolved... Shit happens... but when it's pretty much all the time, someone is feeding BS down the line... and just not delivering what he promises.
    And that is the bottom line... empty words.
    Last edited by Eugenio_SS; 06-16-2009 at 09:08 AM.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenio_SS View Post
    why risk any aggrevation dealing with lies and bs... find someone like Brent Franker that does great work and actually deliver.
    google his name and you will find a link. I dealt with Brent several times, and got everything fast, that's including border crossing and customs.
    I've had my share of real lots packages from UPS/Fedex... but those got resolved... Shit happens... but when it's pretty much all the time, someone is feeding BS down the line... and just not delivering what he promises.
    WTF man, why haven't I ever heard of that guy before!!!! Why is he not a sponsor??!!
    Last edited by Y2KArcticSS; 06-16-2009 at 12:12 PM.

Arctic White
    2002 WS.6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    WTF man, why haven't I ever heard of that guy before!!!! Why is he not a sponsor??!!

I see some steel formed and etched fuse covers I like already.....
    In my original post I mentioned that Brent replaced my defective smooth locks with originals gratis. He is a great guy. Have done alot of business with him. A great vendor who stands behind everything he does. Pretty well known. He specializes in vinyl. Few other things like replacement headlight motor gears....etc.

Word up is he is going to be coming out with liquid dome designs.
    Last edited by Alpha-Omega; 06-16-2009 at 09:41 AM.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-Omega View Post
    In my original post I mentioned that Brent replaced my defective smooth locks with originals gratis. He is a great guy. Have done alot of business with him. Stands behind everything he does. Pretty well known.

Word up is he is going to be coming out with liquid dome designs.
    Yeah I saw that you mentioned him, but hadn't looked at his website yet. Before this thread, I never knew he even existed...

Liquid dome designs? I'll have to look that one up....

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

I've dealt with him before...He's not a sponsor on here because as far as I know, he hasnt been in business all that long, atleast the stuff i wanted to buy was new.

Arctic White
    2002 WS.6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    I've dealt with him before...He's not a sponsor on here because as far as I know, he hasnt been in business all that long, atleast the stuff i wanted to buy was new.
    LOL no disprespect intended; but, BRENT FRANKER has been in business for a long time. He has his own business. He has his own sites. He is one of the most respected venodos in the business has a global reputation. He comes out with new products all the time...hence his new liquid dome designs.

Brent does go to forums not much lately. People basically go to his sites and order directly from him. He invites people to speak with him about anything on his sites. He is not a NOOB.

Recheck your sources. His stuff on his own sites. They are numerous. Have never received a bad product from him. Sends me stuff all the time.
    Last edited by Alpha-Omega; 06-17-2009 at 12:49 PM.

Arctic White
    2002 WS.6 Trans Am

So if the purpose of this post was to expose bad business practices by TSS on LS1.co...kind of looks like thread has taken a turn and people are dicussing good vendors....

Well cannot link to good ones who are not sponsors onLS1...

So here is a direct link on LS1.com...for a great vendor who has demonstrated 100% customer satisfaction...and this vendor is seekin opinions from LS1.com members as to whether they would like to see him become an LS1.com sponsor...

Well...so out of all this negativity...and pain and agony and huge loss of money..looks like maybe some good things are happening...well so I went there and made my opinion known...

Now this is a vendor who if became a sponsor who would make LS1 SHINE...LITERALLY

To my knowledge, I can post the link to a link on LS1.com...do not think this is forbidden so here goes:

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...72#post1964472

NBM
    99 TA

Has TSS responded to the OP via PM about this thread?
    If so, this should be before this turns into a pissing match.

Arctic White
    2002 WS.6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    Has TSS responded to the OP via PM about this thread?
    If so, this should be before this turns into a pissing match.
    TSS is not going to respond. I will never get my money back. There is nothing here to indicate a "pissing match" has or will begin. In fact, all responses have been quite civilized.

But go ahead and lock it...no reason not to...TSS has not reared his head since this post was made. TSS has had 0 activity since the day this post originated. Not a word. Not a peep. In fact, it would appear as if TSS has vanished. I had a valid complaint and posted it in the appropriate place.

Correction: TSS has appeared as of 12:59 today advertising a "New Batch of Emblems"...However, still no response.

Obviously, this thead has turned in a different direction..Apparently, members of LS1 are seeking out better vendors as sponsors...that is clear if you look at the internal link WHICH APPEARS TO HAVE TREMENDOUS SUPPORT:

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...72#post1964472

I feel very good that my COMPLAINT AND FACTS have somehow moved in this direction...no reason to keep this open...time to move on...RIGHT!!!
    Last edited by Alpha-Omega; 06-16-2009 at 06:03 PM.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenio_SS View Post
    +1 for Brent Franker

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

I have also done business with Jaison, and things were later than promised, but was still happy about the transaction

** edit ** I love how mods edit your posts to turn a negative post to appear to be a possitive one... But fine.. whatever..

Will never do business with Jaison again myself.
    Last edited by Silver Streak; 06-16-2009 at 05:29 PM.
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Streak;1964657[U
    ]** edit ** I love how mods edit your posts to turn a negative post to appear to be a possitive one... But fine.. whatever.. [/U]
    Will never do business with Jaison again myself.
    What are you talking about? Have you seen 3 of the mods posts in here?

Arctic White
    2002 WS.6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    What are you talking about? Have you seen 3 of the mods posts in here?
    He means that by virtue of taking that sentence away it changed the entire sentence structure of his reply...and it did

The comment was honest and a remark many men in business believe to be true if you are unfaithful/cheat/lie/steal, etc.... in one area of your life then that behavior permeates to all areas of your life. Therefore, due to what he felt was inapproriate behavor, he would never purchase anything from TSS again.

However, when the sentence was removed...granted not appropriate-it changed the syntax of his response....read the words...his post sounds all positive and then his point at the end is he will never purchase from TSS again. However, the qualifying sentence/statement (THE WHY, ref **edit**) has been removed. It was edited because essentialy it could be construed as hearsay or speculative.

Of course he had the option to go back in and reedit it if he chose to do so.
    Last edited by Alpha-Omega; 06-16-2009 at 09:40 PM.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Well my bad, I missed that and thought he was talking about others posting. My bad.

Arctic White
    2002 WS.6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Well my bad, I missed that and thought he was talking about others posting. My bad.
    NO...you are fine...did not see what was written..he could have restuctured his answer...his choice...left it after the edit...so anyone looking at it would not know unless saw the original words.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

I have bought from every vendor, Brent for this third brake light decal and headrest decals and the rest of my decals from Fourth Circle Designs and all my emblems from TSS.

Im pretty source outsourcing is what ALWAYS hurt a company

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-Omega View Post
    LOL no disprespect intended; but, BRENT FRANKER has been in business for years and years and years. He has his own business and sells thru many many many sites. He is one of the most respected venodos in the business has a global reputation. He comes out with new products all the time...hence his new liquid dome designs.

Brent does not really do forums. He has his own sites. People basically go to him. He invites people to speak with him about anything on his sites.

He owns 8 Camaros...not a NOOB.

Recheck your sources. He has most of his stuff on his own sites. They are numerous. Have never received a bad product from him. Sends me stuff all the time.

Well I knew he had been in business for awhile....but when i contacted him about some vinyl decals he said his equipment wasnt up and running yet. so i assumed he was just starting to expand...maybe i was wrong.
    Last edited by Spikito; 06-17-2009 at 05:47 PM.

2000 Trans Am

I had a similar problem with someone associated with TSS, I think his name on here is Sandmanws7. anyways I paid him money for a decal to go on my rear brake light and never received it........pm'd him and he said he was on vacation and that he would refund my money (he did) and said he would send me one for free when he got back for the inconvenience........Never did, now he won't answer my pm's or emails for that matter.........My only question is why hasn't TSS replied to this thread, he is always posting all of the time..........doesn't look good for him that's for sure..........I bet if Brent Franker were to become a sponsor TSS would be out of bizness
    Last edited by clg82; 06-17-2009 at 10:16 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information