Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Good job on the kill. Looks like your friend cant drive, a kill is a kill.../thread

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    Good job on the kill. Looks like your friend cant drive, a kill is a kill.../thread
    No VTEC was involved..... so I don't rate it as a kill.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Nero.Jacinth View Post
    Blue02Z, how far into the redline are you running it at that speed? IDK why my M6 would be so different unless you're running it into the redline quite a bit.
    Well Blue02Z is now running 4.10's and thats a different story. 2nd at 55 is a hard hit and can hold it for a lil bit. I have 3.42's. Did you buy you car stock? Maybe some put 3.73's in it, idk.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    And i'll still say that you're VERY ignorant to import / Turbo cars. Maybe you'll learn like I did one day.
    Who says he's ignorant?? Maybe he just doesn't like stupid import tuner cars with small engines and narrow powerbands?? Theres a difference between expressing your opinion based on your personal preference and being ignorant, and I agree with his personal preference.

Imports hold zero power advantages over American cars, so I don't see the point, period. Why have smaller engine that makes less useable power, less torque, sounds like crap, yet gets the same or worse fuel economy of a V8?? Makes no sense to me.

silver
    2002 ws6

And i'll still say that you're VERY ignorant to import / Turbo cars. Maybe you'll learn like I did one day.
    not ignorant--- just dont like em. there's a difference.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Who says he's ignorant?? Maybe he just doesn't like stupid import tuner cars with small engines and narrow powerbands?? Theres a difference between expressing your opinion based on your personal preference and being ignorant, and I agree with his personal preference.

Imports hold zero power advantages over American cars, so I don't see the point, period. Why have smaller engine that makes less useable power, less torque, sounds like crap, yet gets the same or worse fuel economy of a V8?? Makes no sense to me.
    Because you only rate speed in a straight line. there are advantages to those engnes over a v8 in road and circuit track courses. Those cars are designed to do more than just go fast in a straight line. Many times have i seen a close to stock STI take cars with more power around a track.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

he's ignorant too

Arctic White, red/gray

he's ignorant too
    Its only sad because they truely believe they know what makes a good car. Only a v8 does to them, i love v8s i have owned more v8s than any other engine but that doesnt mean there isnt room in my life for all designs. Right now i have a inline 4 cylinder bike, a boxer 4 cylinder turbo surbaru and a inline 6 cylinder turbo supra. They are all great engine and each has some cool features that guys like wesman and bighammer will never appreciate because they cant open there eyes and see these good designs because they are missing a couple cylinders and a v shape.

liquid red
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT

Man, this thread went from a kill to bash in about 4.5 seconds! I dont personally have any desire to own an import of the toyota/honda brand. But I dont dislike them either. I think thats the mindset of alot of people on here. It is ls1.com!!

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by jaxredg8 View Post
    Man, this thread went from a kill to bash in about 4.5 seconds! I dont personally have any desire to own an import of the toyota/honda brand. But I dont dislike them either. I think thats the mindset of alot of people on here. It is ls1.com!!

Im not saying you need to own one or think about it even. But even when a car is setup nicely or has some impressive features they still dont give any credit. Its just always bashing no matter how modded the car is.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Im not saying you need to own one or think about it even. But even when a car is setup nicely or has some impressive features they still dont give any credit. Its just always bashing no matter how modded the car is.
    You just don't get it and you never will.

People can have opinions. Some people don't give two shits about small japanese engines. Like I previously said, they hold no advantages over an American performance engine, so why bother with them??

If you like them then good for you, but don't call other people out for not agreeing with your one-sided opinion. Its not "bashing", its a matter or personal preference.

Would you accuse a Giants fan of "bashing" or "being ignorant" because he doesn't like the Patriots?? Of course not, think about what you are saying.

Arctic White, red/gray

You just don't get it and you never will.

People can have opinions. Some people don't give two shits about small japanese engines. Like I previously said, they hold no advantages over an American performance engine, so why bother with them??

If you like them then good for you, but don't call other people out for not agreeing with your one-sided opinion. Its not "bashing", its a matter or personal preference.

Would you accuse a Giants fan of "bashing" or "being ignorant" because he doesn't like the Patriots?? Of course not, think about what you are saying.
    No but i would tell the giants fan he is ignorant when he just believes his team is better at every aspect even when the other team will outperform his team in many situations and has proven to do so.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 06-17-2009 at 09:21 AM.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

No but i would tell the giants fan he is ignorant when he just believes his team is better at every aspect even when the other team will outperform his team in many situations and has proven to do so.
    Obviously its not going to sink in with you. I give up.

Arctic White, red/gray

Obviously its not going to sink in with you. I give up.
    There is nothing to sink in, I have owned both a STI engine car AKA my legacy and a ls1 car and lt1 car. I know how to mod what kinds of mods and how they change the car on both vehicles. I know the ins and outs of both vehicles and both are great cars. If you cant see the good in some of the cars you put down on this forum which is everything mind you that isnt lsx powered then its you sir who needs something to sink in.

Im sure you will come back with something along the lines, everyone has there own opinion. This is true they do, and you make fun of people all the time for liking anything that isnt a v8, calling everyone with a 4cylinder a ricer even if it will outperform your own car. But these are facts, fact STIs brake far better than a f-body, fact STIs can run mid 12s with bolt ons and tune, fact they can outhandle your car on a track easily, fact STIs can drive through almost any weather, fact STIs have alot more room. These are not opinions these are facts. Will a stock ls1 car beat a stock sti in a straight line with equal drivers YES. But does a STI outperform a f-body in almost every other aspect of racing and daily driving? YES.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 06-17-2009 at 09:44 AM.

liquid red
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT

Cant we all just get along?? LOL Even though most of what you said is probably true Z, some people just dont want anything other than a V-8. I used to say american muscle but hell, anymore that toyota camry beside me is more American than my G8. Its a mind set. As I said before, I like all cars properly set up and that serve some sort of purpose, whatever that may be.

Arctic White, red/gray

Cant we all just get along?? LOL Even though most of what you said is probably true Z, some people just dont want anything other than a V-8. I used to say american muscle but hell, anymore that toyota camry beside me is more American than my G8. Its a mind set. As I said before, I like all cars properly set up and that serve some sort of purpose, whatever that may be.
    How you liking the G8? Is this your first GM performance v8 car?

liquid red
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT

How you liking the G8? Is this your first GM performance v8 car?
    Nope. Had 1999 camaro z, 2002 Pontiac Trans Am and now this. I must admit, this is probably my favorite though. Its a great family car as far as space and now that I've started modding, its probably the fastest. I like the looks and the power. I do miss the TA though.

Arctic White, red/gray

Nope. Had 1999 camaro z, 2002 Pontiac Trans Am and now this. I must admit, this is probably my favorite though. Its a great family car as far as space and now that I've started modding, its probably the fastest. I like the looks and the power. I do miss the TA though.
    I was considering buying a g8 gt and trading in my legacy. But i would like to test one in the snow first.

liquid red
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT

If you do, get the 18" all season wheels and tires. I have the 19" summer only tires and they dont like anything but nice and dry. I went home for Christmasthis last year in Ohio and lets just say I wont do that crap again! Down here in Florida though its fun!!

Arctic White, red/gray

If you do, get the 18" all season wheels and tires. I have the 19" summer only tires and they dont like anything but nice and dry. I went home for Christmasthis last year in Ohio and lets just say I wont do that crap again! Down here in Florida though its fun!!
    I get two sets of tires for all my DDs. Usually Blizzaks on the stock or cheap rims and then a nice summer set. I used to be a believer in all season but after the past 4 years on blizzaks in winter i can tell you that they make a huge difference over all seasons in winter weather.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information