Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by willys srt8 View Post
    i 100% believe this outcome. good kill. anytime anyone races with any unknown car, they had better be prepared to lose. you never know what they have. if I had spray I’d spray everything. which is why I don’t have it. i'll say it again, although SRT-8s have hit the 12s stock it certainly isn't the norm. unless all or at least the vast majority of SRT-8s are in the 12s then how can anyone call them 12 sec cars? the best i can get here is a 13.19@107.3 with no track prep, falken 20" 452s street tires, 60' of 2.0586, DA of 1808 and first time at any track. the way i see it is that for a stock SRT-8 to get into the 12s all conditions would have to be near perfect and a really good driver. so unless the majority of the stock SRT-8s, and stock Camaros for that matter, are in the 12s they remain 13 sec. cars in my book. for anyone who's lookin' to find reliable supporting evidence for the stock SRT-8 in the twelves, good luck. this is the only one i can find.

http://www.allpar.com/racing/roadrun...300C-srt8.html
    I have seen your other posts and 100% agree with you Just because it can be done, doesn't mean its the norm. Can't we all just get along and call a spade, a spade people
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Oh and a side note which is a hilarious story. I have some kid (16 years old) talking shit to me. His parents are loaded and bought him a 08 SRT 8 Charger (auto/I believe) that is bone stock. He is talking shit about how he's going to rape me Now I may be worried if he was going to mod it some, but they already told him NO MODS til he's 18. That and I may be worried if I wasn't almost done with my H/C I am going to get him to put $500 on it and just fucking destroy him. It will be like a anal raping in jail I am predicting about 6 car lengths on him minimum Can't wait to shut his mouth. He is talking some mad smack, that is for sure

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by S8ER01Z View Post
    As far as 'bitching' about a modified car...I'm not.. the fact that people here seem to get butthurt about SRT8s is hilarious and the 'challenges' always seem to be coming from some modded car calling out a stock SRT8 not the other way around. The simply fact that someone was whining about the SRT8 'police' calling BS on a modified car beating a stock one is hilarious. As if the SRT8 guys (Ok we all know you are talking about Deuuuce) are narrow minded individuals who have no respect for anything else... (irony???)

I guess this side of the tracks has been living in a cave.......

Click for full size
    I've seen that article posted numerous times. Still would have to see that it was stock for myself.

I believe an SLP SS could do it, but even though it comes from the factory that way, i don't consider the SLP SS's stock.

White
    2001 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Jason View Post
    I've seen that article posted numerous times. Still would have to see that it was stock for myself.

I believe an SLP SS could do it, but even though it comes from the factory that way, i don't consider the SLP SS's stock.

You have fun with that....

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Lol WHY? The slp exhaust they put on those cars is stil lvery restrictive. Most people see the same hp gains with a aftermarket exhaust as a base model z28 would.

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

I was under the impression the SLP's came with Lid/filter/Exhaust, which is about all it'd take IMO to drop one on down into the 12.9x range. Guess I had misunderstood. My mistake.

Arctic White, red/gray

I was under the impression the SLP's came with Lid/filter/Exhaust, which is about all it'd take IMO to drop one on down into the 12.9x range. Guess I had misunderstood. My mistake.
    Yes but you have to understand that all these parts still need to fit like factory exhaust and still meet all requirements and be somewhat quiet. A slp car will probably have 5more hp than a non slp car from the same year, which is why people with slp cars still upgrade the exhaust because they still see a gain.

3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

So if an SS isn't stock. What's to be said about SRT-8 or RT?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

"99 Z28, mild boltons, 3500 stall, twatcam 11.98@112 n/a HSW 100 shot"

I hate to have to ask this of the OP, but what is "twatcam"? Unfortunately, being an old guy I sometimes do not comprehend the lingo and acronyms that get posted up. I was always taught there is no such thing as a stupid question...

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by doozjamann View Post
    So if an SS isn't stock. What's to be said about SRT-8 or RT?
    an SS is stock, an SLP SS has a few SLP bolt-ons already.

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    "99 Z28, mild boltons, 3500 stall, twatcam 11.98@112 n/a HSW 100 shot"

I hate to have to ask this of the OP, but what is "twatcam"? Unfortunately, being an old guy I sometimes do not comprehend the lingo and acronyms that get posted up. I was always taught there is no such thing as a stupid question...

LOL, Its a GM "Hotcam" 219/228 525/525. Its one of the smaller cams out there. But I went with it because I got a good deal on it ($175) and it came with springs.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Thank you for the explanation -- I even searched "twatcam" on the site and Googled it before asking!

Arctic White, red/gray

If you put twatcam in google you should get some interesting videos

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Well... yes. And they sure as hell were not car related!

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Thank you for the explanation -- I even searched "twatcam" on the site and Googled it before asking!

Its also referred to as a "Notcam".

LOL

twatcam.com
    Last edited by 99_Z28; 05-28-2009 at 09:37 AM.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by 99_Z28 View Post

LOL

twatcam.com
    Yeah i did it too just to see. The first 2 or 3 links is twatcam.com YOU MUST BE 18 OR OLDER TO ENTER

Silver
    00 Formula Firehawk

They are a bit slugish because of the weight. I would think a stock t/a - z28 vs. stock challenger srt8 would be a close race if both drivers no what they are doing.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Griner View Post
    They are a bit slugish because of the weight. I would think a stock t/a - z28 vs. stock challenger srt8 would be a close race if both drivers no what they are doing.
    Yes, that is the end conclusion IMO. a properly driven f-body is a low 13 second car as is a proper driven SRT-8 car.

White
    2001 Z28 M6

Yes, that is the end conclusion IMO. a properly driven f-body is a low 13 second car as is a proper driven SRT-8 car.
    agree 100%...

..some people here still believe the SRT8 is a mid 13 second car at best and that f-bodies walk all over them... that's what I find funny.

Silver
    00 Formula Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by S8ER01Z View Post
    agree 100%...

..some people here still believe the SRT8 is a mid 13 second car at best and that f-bodies walk all over them... that's what I find funny.
    The thing is that Most fbody's arent stock anymore. Most people add shit from day one and that is why alot of people walk all over the SRT8 who own an fbody. I would make one look real stupid, if it was stock and even modified I will still likely pull away with my Camaro. But it is seriously modified. Cammed, stalled, geared, full bolt ons and drag radials all the time. But 100% stock for stock it will be a drivers race, unless you got a factory freak which I have seen BTW-they are not mythical like most people think.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information