Page 3 of 193 FirstFirst 123456723334353103153 ... LastLast

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by zero_proto View Post
    guys i am going to be cooking alot at home now that i have moved out. I am going to go grocery shopping this week. I am going to buy 5 pounds of boneless chicken breast amongst other goodies. How are some good ways to go cook/ season the chicken? I also want to try and eat healthier so no more fast food, any good ideas and tips would help. thanks guys.
    I always keep frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the freezer. That way, when I grill up a bunch of red meat or pork, there is always a low fat high protein alternative for myself.

The possibilities are pretty much endless too. Start out by buying a good selection of spices you know you like. You can pretty much use any combination. And, buy new ones too and just experiment.

You can broil, fry, grill and bake chicken breasts. Takes no time at all. Quick and easy all year round.

I always start with at the very least garlic powder, salt and pepper. You can sprinkle on just about any spices you like... there are a ton of spices and pre mixed seasonings you can buy. Marinades as well.

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    I always keep frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the freezer. That way, when I grill up a bunch of red meat or pork, there is always a low fat high protein alternative for myself.

The possibilities are pretty much endless too. Start out by buying a good selection of spices you know you like. You can pretty much use any combination. And, buy new ones too and just experiment.

You can broil, fry, grill and bake chicken breasts. Takes no time at all. Quick and easy all year round.

I always start with at the very least garlic powder, salt and pepper. You can sprinkle on just about any spices you like... there are a ton of spices and pre mixed seasonings you can buy. Marinades as well.
    should i cut slices into the breast to help it cook quicker or is that a no-no and would it lose it's moisture?

Black
    2001 Firebird TransAm WS6

i usually marinade my chicken breasts in teryaki and italian dressing, its good like that grilled

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by grouch0jr View Post
    i usually marinade my chicken breasts in teryaki and italian dressing, its good like that grilled
    Yep, just about anything works as long as you like it

should i cut slices into the breast to help it cook quicker or is that a no-no and would it lose it's moisture?
    Nope. Don't slice it until after it's cooked. And, let it sit for a bit before slicing too so the juices settle. Well, that is more for whole chicken and roasts...

You can also slice it up before cooking for things like fajitas and stir fry. Or cube it up. You can do a ton of things with chicken breasts

Go out and get yourself a cookbook. It will give you the basics and then just take it from there. You'll be a chef in no time

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

Yep, just about anything works as long as you like it

Nope. Don't slice it until after it's cooked. And, let it sit for a bit before slicing too so the juices settle. Well, that is more for whole chicken and roasts...

You can also slice it up before cooking for things like fajitas and stir fry. Or cube it up. You can do a ton of things with chicken breasts

Go out and get yourself a cookbook. It will give you the basics and then just take it from there. You'll be a chef in no time
    super.

I really have never had to cook anything except for stuff like hamburger helper and easy things. I want to learn how to cook my own meals and not rely on fast food anymore. I am excited to get to cookin, i figure i will go out today or tommorow and buy myself a cookbook.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

super.

I really have never had to cook anything except for stuff like hamburger helper and easy things. I want to learn how to cook my own meals and not rely on fast food anymore. I am excited to get to cookin, i figure i will go out today or tommorow and buy myself a cookbook.
    You'll do great. You'll find out what you like and dislike and you'll start to create things from scratch and won't need that cook book anymore either.

Just get a beginners cookbook. It will break down measurements, cooking times, cuts of meats etc...

Buy yourself a little grill too. There are beginner cookbooks for grilling as well.

Have fun with it.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I tell you what I like to do with chicken breasts. I do a bunch of stuff but these are a couple of my favorites.
    I'll cut them into 1"x1" cubes and put a spoon full of olive oil in a skillet. I'll add the chicken breasts and a bag of frozen mixed veggies. Then near the end I'll dose it all with terriyaki sauce and serve it over rice or noodles. I get fancy every now and then and I'll add water chestnuts ( because I love those things) and baby corns ( kids love 'em) and some nuts of some kind....usually pecans because we always have pecans in the freezer.

The other thing is I'll put olive oil in a pan and cook the breast and near the end I'll put some cooked broccoli on it and a thin slice of velvetta cheese....good stuff.

I do another one where I pound the breasts out flat, dip them in melted butter, put a .5"x.5" cube of cheddar cheese in it, and roll it in crushed cheddar crackers or dorito's. Put them in a muffin pan and bake for about an hour.

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

the simple approach:

grilled chicken sandwich with green asparagus.

another favorite recipe of mine for chicken:

dice chicken breast
    fry diced fresh ginger in a little oil
    add chicken and diced fresh garlic and stir fry
    add soy sauce and honey (about half and half)
    take all from the stove and add fresh thai basil (or regular basil)
    serve with rice.

my grill broke...need to buy another one. what should i buy? torn on gas and charcoal

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by bmyers View Post
    my grill broke...need to buy another one. what should i buy? torn on gas and charcoal
    I'm old school. Charcoal all the way

I'm old school. Charcoal all the way
    i used to use charcoal didnt have good luck with it. years later i found out using cheap coals was my problem. so im willing to try it again.

so i need to decide which one to buy and soon its driving me crazy not having a working grill

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

it depends on how you're gonna use it. i used to say charcoal, but i have a gas grill since last year and love it. i'd say the difference in taste is really minor and it is sooo comfortable to use.

Quote Originally Posted by hamburger68 View Post
    it depends on how you're gonna use it. i used to say charcoal, but i have a gas grill since last year and love it. i'd say the difference in taste is really minor and it is sooo comfortable to use.
    i grill atleast twice a week normally for just my wife and i but i do have parties or family over and we normally grill then too. i am used to propane so im leaning towards that. I hear good things about weber grills - though they are expensive - and a friend of mine bought a grill from sams a few years ago that he likes alot - for less money than the weber -

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

i grill atleast twice a week normally for just my wife and i but i do have parties or family over and we normally grill then too. i am used to propane so im leaning towards that. I hear good things about weber grills - though they are expensive - and a friend of mine bought a grill from sams a few years ago that he likes alot - for less money than the weber -
    weber is crazy expensive imo. i have a rather cheap one with lava rocks, works fine. i'm leaning towards one without the rocks though, they need too long to preheat for my taste.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

go to lowe's and look at their grills. Char-griller has a combo grill that's gas on one side and charcoal on the other. Bad ass set up although I'd personally never use gas. I'm a fan of the weber kettle grills. I have one that I use still even with my big smoker. They're easy to use and cook really well.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

what about that green egg thing,is it a grill or a smoker?

Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    not sure just started hearing about those

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    go to lowe's and look at their grills. Char-griller has a combo grill that's gas on one side and charcoal on the other. Bad ass set up although I'd personally never use gas. I'm a fan of the weber kettle grills. I have one that I use still even with my big smoker. They're easy to use and cook really well.
    i was there today and saw that exact same grill. im going to buy one soon i just want one that i dont need to replace every 2 or 3 years.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    I've never used or even seen one. They're supposed to be both. Grills have direct heat and smokers use indirect heat. I do know they have a loyal fan base and I do know they're very expensive. My personal opinion from experience is that the brinkmann texas style smoker at wal-mart ($158) is the best deal going. I have a chargriller texas style and 2 buddies have the brinkmann and a very similar charbroiler. I'll be going with that brinkmann or charbroiler if/when mine ever gives out. I did notice the brinkmann and charbroilers went to porcelain grates instead of cast iron like mine has. I'd much rather have the cast iron food grates. Charbroiler has a model that has the chimney on the end instead of the top which is a desirable thing to have because it keeps heat in the smoker longer therefore saving charcoal and maintaining temp. better.
    If you want to learn as much as your brain can hold on grilling/smoking and anything related go to www.barbequen.com
    They have the bbq version of sarge.....he goes by smoky. If you read his facts and tips/tricks you'll definitely see the likeness to sarge. He'll also teach you everything you want to know about outdoor cooking. From picking the right grill to what woods to use and how to use them.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

i was there today and saw that exact same grill. im going to buy one soon i just want one that i dont need to replace every 2 or 3 years.
    I'm going on about 4-5 years with my chargriller and it gets tons of use. 2-3 times a week almost year round would probably be the average. I did steaks today on it. It's showing some age but I just got my replacement fire grates in the mail last week that I ordered and I'm going to strip and paint it in the next week or two....if I can ever stop using it long enough.

Page 3 of 193 FirstFirst 123456723334353103153 ... LastLast

Thread Information