Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

Just have to laugh at this thread... Isn't Granetelli one of the sponsors of this site??? And quite a few with LS experience has pretty much bashed on the MAF, I will simply say, save your money for something else.

Not to mention I see someone got a warning for calling someone a smartass, when he was basically being made fun of. Can't say I would not have said the same thing, especially if I was just starting to get into LSs and people wanted to point out how stupid I am or sound. Enlighten the individual through PMs, not in public. Remember, we were all new at one point in time.

O, and rule 17:

Our paying Sponsors deserve respect and restraint. Attacking a sponsor on the board is strictly prohibited. If you have a complaint with a sponsor, you may send the information directly to an Administrator and it will be passed directly to the Sponsor for action or resolution. If you do post on the board about a specific problem involving a sponsor, please remain calm and state the facts. Do not let emotion cloud the issue at hand. When your thread is read by a moderator, the moderator will do the following:

A) Lock the thread and place a copy of the thread in the Moderator Forum OR the Sponsor Forum. These forums are not visible to the members but I assure you they do exist.

B) Reply to the locked thread that (A) has taken place.

C) The moderator or Administrator will update the locked thread with the response from the Sponsor OR the Sponsor will contact you directly.

We really hope situations can be resolved off-line but we will not prohibit a statement of fact BUT we will control the thread so as to stop the “Hate” or “Me too” replies these threads often generate.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by TACE02 View Post
    Just have to laugh at this thread... Isn't Granetelli one of the sponsors of this site??? And quite a few with LS experience has pretty much bashed on the MAF, I will simply say, save your money for something else.

Not to mention I see someone got a warning for calling someone a smartass, when he was basically being made fun of. Can't say I would not have said the same thing, especially if I was just starting to get into LSs and people wanted to point out how stupid I am or sound. Enlighten the individual through PMs, not in public. Remember, we were all new at one point in time.

O, and rule 17:

Our paying Sponsors deserve respect and restraint. Attacking a sponsor on the board is strictly prohibited. If you have a complaint with a sponsor, you may send the information directly to an Administrator and it will be passed directly to the Sponsor for action or resolution. If you do post on the board about a specific problem involving a sponsor, please remain calm and state the facts. Do not let emotion cloud the issue at hand. When your thread is read by a moderator, the moderator will do the following:

A) Lock the thread and place a copy of the thread in the Moderator Forum OR the Sponsor Forum. These forums are not visible to the members but I assure you they do exist.

B) Reply to the locked thread that (A) has taken place.

C) The moderator or Administrator will update the locked thread with the response from the Sponsor OR the Sponsor will contact you directly.

We really hope situations can be resolved off-line but we will not prohibit a statement of fact BUT we will control the thread so as to stop the “Hate” or “Me too” replies these threads often generate.
    I must have missed the part where any of that was your problem?
    Not many people have named a single sponsor. Most, if not all... are saying any aftermarket MAF is not needed, will require tuning and can cause damage without proper tuning for product.

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

You're right, none of that is my problem, it is the SITES problem. And G MAF is specifically named, I could quote it if you don't want to look it up yourself.

And that was a mature response you had there, "I must have missed the part where any of that was your problem?" Not trying to start anything here, but come on "that was just rude"... I along with many others come to this site for advice and a little knowledge, shouldn't get pushed on by a Mod, Admin, or person with a lot of experience on/off the computer. Lead by example. Any further discussion on this matter should be addressed in a PM if there is a problem with me speaking up a bit.

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

Are you better off with a G MAF that has been tuned (HP tuner). Or with the stock MAF??

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by blackcar View Post
    Are you better off with a G MAF that has been tuned (HP tuner). Or with the stock MAF??
    This also varies greatly.
    Depends on the tuner. Experienced tuner can work around it. Someone that hasn't tuned with one....it is better to stick with stock.

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

Stock MAF... I too am one that tried out the aftermarket world of MAFs and now back on a stock MAF... the aftermarket one kept throwing my tune (A/F) off from 13.1 all the way down to 11.2.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

the aftermarket one kept throwing my tune (A/F) off from 13.1 all the way down to 11.2.
    Normally goes the other way....

white

Quote Originally Posted by Th3unwant3d1 View Post
    was going to get a MAF, not anymore lol. Ordereing my BMR front sway bar and Volant intake for right around 475, Thats a good deal
    well i got a slp for 60 bucks use i kinda felt a little more response but not that much but i wont spend 250dlls for a new one all u have to do is clean the hell out of ur stock maf..

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by TOMASINO View Post
    well i got a slp for 60 bucks use i kinda felt a little more response but not that much but i wont spend 250dlls for a new one all u have to do is clean the hell out of ur stock maf..
    I wouldn't put the SLP or Granatelli MAF on a car without being tuned if I was PAID for it.

white

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    I wouldn't put the SLP or Granatelli MAF on a car without being tuned if I was PAID for it.

is the stock tuned???

Awaiting Activation

black
    2000 Z28

so what if i get it tuned? then can i utilize it and notice a gain? or is it still a waste?

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Normally goes the other way....

Yeah, that is what everyone said... hell the tuner didn't believe me before I brought it to the shop saying it was spitting flames out the exhaust, and he still wouldn't have believed me at 11.2 if he didn't see it with his own eyes...LOL. Got it retuned, couple weeks later started doing it again. Finally said screw it and bought a new stock MAF, haven't a problem since and that was 1 1/2 years ago.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

is the stock tuned???
    Basicly....yes.

The car comes from the factory tuned for the stocker.

Quote Originally Posted by guitarjay76 View Post
    so what if i get it tuned? then can i utilize it and notice a gain? or is it still a waste?
    Pretty much still a waste. The stock MAF flows enough air to make plenty of power.
    Put your money towards something worthwhile....like a hooker.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

You're right, none of that is my problem, it is the SITES problem. And G MAF is specifically named, I could quote it if you don't want to look it up yourself.

And that was a mature response you had there, "I must have missed the part where any of that was your problem?" Not trying to start anything here, but come on "that was just rude"... I along with many others come to this site for advice and a little knowledge, shouldn't get pushed on by a Mod, Admin, or person with a lot of experience on/off the computer. Lead by example. Any further discussion on this matter should be addressed in a PM if there is a problem with me speaking up a bit.
    Hey man, speak up by all means. What some here are saying is STRICTLY trying to help other members from spending money where it doesnt need to be and protecting thier expensive engine. Thats what this is all about. Information. No one was pushing you that I saw, I sure did not try to and imn sorry if thats how it seemed.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

is the stock tuned???
    Of course it is. That is the major problem with after market MAF's. They are not tuned for stock or even near stock PCM files.

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

Nah, I don't feel it, pushed that is...lol. Just stirring the pot a little bit and pointing out a slight mistake I noticed in this thread.

Would agree however with the spend the money elsewhere, hell I actually think Mr. Luos is on to something there "Put your money towards something worthwhile....like a hooker." LMFAO, great advice!!!

white

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Of course it is. That is the major problem with after market MAF's. They are not tuned for stock or even near stock PCM files.
    soooo with a tune they'll work better then???

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Work better....yes
    Gain power? Not enough for having to drop $250 for the MAF and $500 for a tune.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

As said above^, if the tuner knows what he is doing I see zero problem with it. I also do not see making anywhere NEAR 500 dollars worth of Horsepower or TQ with any 'tuned' aftermarket MAF.

Awaiting Activation

black
    2000 Z28

guess i'll have to wait till all the mods are done, put it back on, and get it tuned then. i hate the thought of that much money being wasted. i regret buying it in the first place now. thanks for the advice.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information