silver w/flames
    99 mustang

TBSS vs 08 Bullitt

Six months ago I started a new job. I got to be friends with these two guys at work, one owning an 07 vette and the other an 08 bullitt. The two guys would race after work all the time with the mustang getting bent over regularly. Once I showed up I began to educate them on the wonderful world of modding. Soon they caught my disease and decided to step it up.

The vette now sits at 451/450 with bolt ons and a cam and the bullitt with a catback and programmer, though the goal is lts and a s/c before the end of the yr.

So on to the race. Lately I've been driving the wife's ride as I'm swapping to an auto. I raced the guy with the bullitt several times in the past and easily beat him from any speed. Now with his programmer he wanted to run again. So we go to the regular spot and go from 10mph. I honk it off and he's right beside me. He shifts to second and his car lunges about a half a car ahead. Through the rest of second he might have gained another foot. He hits 3rd and again he pulls another half link. I'm giving the little suvette all she has but its not looking good.

The rest of the race he no longer pulls me but I am unable to gain any ground. At 130mph we shutdown with me a couple of feet from his back bumper. Its obvious his programmer helped but the biggest mod he did was with the driver. Over the last few months he has made huge improvements. I did let him know that I'd be driving my stang monday or tuesday and to prepare for a raping, lol.
    99 35th GT: 5.0 stroker, twin 60 turbos, aeromotive return style fuel system, full suspension.
    575/563 @ 12lbs-adding more soon...

07 Trailblazer SS(wife's): 22s, 3200 stall, cammed and bolt ons, lowered. 405/405

3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

I don't know what to say. Nice future kill.

Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pu$$y.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by LS2 KLR View Post
    Six months ago I started a new job. I got to be friends with these two guys at work, one owning an 07 vette and the other an 08 bullitt. The two guys would race after work all the time with the mustang getting bent over regularly. Once I showed up I began to educate them on the wonderful world of modding. Soon they caught my disease and decided to step it up.

The vette now sits at 451/450 with bolt ons and a cam and the bullitt with a catback and programmer, though the goal is lts and a s/c before the end of the yr.

So on to the race. Lately I've been driving the wife's ride as I'm swapping to an auto. I raced the guy with the bullitt several times in the past and easily beat him from any speed. Now with his programmer he wanted to run again. So we go to the regular spot and go from 10mph. I honk it off and he's right beside me. He shifts to second and his car lunges about a half a car ahead. Through the rest of second he might have gained another foot. He hits 3rd and again he pulls another half link. I'm giving the little suvette all she has but its not looking good.

The rest of the race he no longer pulls me but I am unable to gain any ground. At 130mph we shutdown with me a couple of feet from his back bumper. Its obvious his programmer helped but the biggest mod he did was with the driver. Over the last few months he has made huge improvements. I did let him know that I'd be driving my stang monday or tuesday and to prepare for a raping, lol.
    my fiance wants a tbss real bad
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

*SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

silver w/flames
    99 mustang

If you don't mind spending alittle extra, I'd skip the tbss and go for the srt-8. It is better than the tb in every way except it won't tow as much. Our tb is fully loaded but the interior is a joke. Very plain and boring.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by LS2 KLR View Post
    If you don't mind spending alittle extra, I'd skip the tbss and go for the srt-8. It is better than the tb in every way except it won't tow as much. Our tb is fully loaded but the interior is a joke. Very plain and boring.
    That's GM for ya. If they put as much time into the interiors and other smaller things they would be a much better car company. The GTO's interior is awesome compared to anything else. I test drove a 2010 Camaro SS yesterday and the interior on those sucks as well.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    That's GM for ya. If they put as much time into the interiors and other smaller things they would be a much better car company. The GTO's interior is awesome compared to anything else. I test drove a 2010 Camaro SS yesterday and the interior on those sucks as well.
    interior-shminterior. how was the power!!!???!?!?

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    interior-shminterior. how was the power!!!???!?!?
    Feels about the same as the (LS2) GTO stock.

Thread Information