Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

You win some you lose some

I wouldn't worry about that turbo Honda. They usually end up with 4 holes in the block due to air seeking rods.

Pushing that kind of power on a open deck, 2 bolt block is a recipe for disaster. You can't even imagine the kind of stress levels inside that engine under boost, its phenominal. its only a matter of time before the internals get fatigued and something gives. If you've ever had a Honda engine apart before, you'd see what I'm talking about. I've seen bigger connecting rods in lawn tractors.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    You win some you lose some

I wouldn't worry about that turbo Honda. They usually end up with 4 holes in the block due to air seeking rods.

Pushing that kind of power on a open deck, 2 bolt block is a recipe for disaster. You can't even imagine the kind of stress levels inside that engine under boost, its phenominal. its only a matter of time before the internals get fatigued and something gives. If you've ever had a Honda engine apart before, you'd see what I'm talking about. I've seen bigger connecting rods in lawn tractors.
    I don't know what you're talking about Wesman, Honda rods are massive! .................

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Thanks guys for the comments, once he hit 4th he started pullin though so its a pretty fast car. I think with headers and my nitrous i should be ok with it. He really needs a bigger intercooler is what his tuner said. I think all he has as far as engine work is a turbo cam not sure if anything else has been done to the motor, ill ask him and find out. He was shocked and thought i was running nitrous or something keeping up and pulling half a car in 3rd and then hanged for a bit in 4th but got pulled eventually and backed out, speeds were getting to high for me. Its really a fast car once he gets good traction and its at full boost, bad thing is he has to be atleast in 4th gear and has to buy better tires.

On the first race we did me and him i didnt bother to post it, we started off in 2nd gear and he got walked on hard mainly because he lost traction. If i wouldve continued going into 3rd i wouldve had several cars on him but his car as we speak is not set up for drag racing and its not gonna grip well at all. Either way i got much respect for his ride, hopefully mine will be as fast as his one day. Ill try to do a little amature editing and post a vid of what happened that day, i didnt do the camera work so not the best shots.
    Last edited by karpetcm; 05-04-2009 at 04:09 PM.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Ok did the editing and here is the vid, just a fly by, 1st race which was in 2nd gear and the other race you guys have already seen.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

good camera quality and races, but it looked like the camera guy couldn't keep the camera still.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Ya lol, it was the girlfriend of the eclipse owner.

rice..a growing epidemic PAT-LS101's Avatar

blue
    2002 camaro z28 a4

You win some and lose some Those were some fast ass cars but look at it this way, At the end of the day your going home with a bad ass car that sounds heavenly and they still have a suped up car that sounds like a pissed off lawn mower
    1999 Camaro Z28 w/ sports appearance package & optional 3.23 rear gears - SLP lid, custom Diablo tune. BEST 1/4 MILE TIME W/O MODS: 13.4 @ 102mph. NEW TIMES SOON!

2002 Camaro Z28 - Stall, gears, exhaust, tuned 12.3 @ 111mph SOLD

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Thanks PAT-LS101, well the amount of boost he's running is up there and although he says the car can handle it, its rare for me to find many that run that high of a boost. So hats off to him for doing a great job on the install and tuning. If i can get up to about 470 RWHP i will be happy with that even so i wont be able to beat every car i go up against and im ok with that since i love fast cars and anything thats faster then me i got much respect for especially a 4 cylinder. Even the eclipse is hella fast in the vid, too bad he didnt want to race but he had good reasons and maybe next time. Thanks guys for the comments, im on Camaroz28.com and the kids there are way too immature glad i found this site.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    Thanks PAT-LS101, well the amount of boost he's running is up there and although he says the car can handle it, its rare for me to find many that run that high of a boost. So hats off to him for doing a great job on the install and tuning. If i can get up to about 470 RWHP i will be happy with that even so i wont be able to beat every car i go up against and im ok with that since i love fast cars and anything thats faster then me i got much respect for especially a 4 cylinder. Even the eclipse is hella fast in the vid, too bad he didnt want to race but he had good reasons and maybe next time. Thanks guys for the comments, im on Camaroz28.com and the kids there are way too immature glad i found this site.
    They are more immature than us? Thats impressive

Thread Information