Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Nice Kill, you prob made them go sell there daddy bought car to buy a (v8 240sx) lmao!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    Nice Kill, you prob made them go sell there daddy bought car to buy a (v8 240sx) lmao!!
    I don't know, these kids were pretty dumbfounded. Seemed like they didn't understand.... 240 + V8 = brainmelt.

Almost done getting everything for the cam swap, just been busy lately. Curious to see what difference it will make since I'm already mid 11s on bolt ons. I wonder if I can snag a 10s pass on cam only.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Shouldn't be a problem. Get a good '60 foot and you'll get it...any pics?

Awaiting Activation

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

hahaha wow that had me cracking up good kill

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    I don't know, these kids were pretty dumbfounded. Seemed like they didn't understand.... 240 + V8 = brainmelt.

Almost done getting everything for the cam swap, just been busy lately. Curious to see what difference it will make since I'm already mid 11s on bolt ons. I wonder if I can snag a 10s pass on cam only.
    i'd love to cam an ls1-- i've just never had the opporitunity to do one yet. i hear it's quite easy. done countless SBC and BBC's though--- BBC's wake up huge to cams. did the one in my sleeper truck and i musta gained around 75hp or so. but this is the cam that came out of it.

Onyx Black, M6
    2001 SS Convertible #4498

Nice, I'm interested to see what the 2.0L cars are eventually able to do with some aftermarket support. I predict they will by FAR be the one of choice over the V6 models.

Quote Originally Posted by Turrry View Post
    Nice, I'm interested to see what the 2.0L cars are eventually able to do with some aftermarket support. I predict they will by FAR be the one of choice over the V6 models.
    My other 240SX is a 2.0L with a mild build and a GT35R kit. Runs low 10s at 140mph trap. My car weighs much, much less than a Genesis though. So 2.0L has potential, that would be the smallest 4 cylinder I recommend trying to make power on, anything smaller and the car makes no torque.

From preliminary engine inspection of the Genesis, the motor shares the platform and is very similar the to new EVO motor, 4B11T. The only difference in the motors is the Genesis motor is made with cheaper parts (cast instead of forged), and it's an open deck block. Also since it's in RWD configuration you can't really swap anything external over from the EVO engine..... however, since the engine platform is the same, there is no reason why one couldn't throw in an EVO block in there, since the engine pretty much identical in internal dimensions and configuration. The only problem I can see is if the mounting for the transmission is similar to the EVOs bolt pattern, and if not I'm sure mounting plates can be made. The car weighs pretty close to what an EVO weighs, so I can only conclude that, assuming other components on the car hold up to power, the Genesis should be able to go down the track faster since it only needs to power 2 wheels. The only disadvantage would be not having the AWD launch of the EVO, but this can be made up for with a good tire/wheel/launch setup, and it will definately have more top end.

The car is still new and unexplored in heavy modifications, so only time will tell once some of the big name shops get to work on them if this car will perform well.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    My other 240SX is a 2.0L with a mild build and a GT35R kit. Runs low 10s at 140mph trap. My car weighs much, much less than a Genesis though. So 2.0L has potential, that would be the smallest 4 cylinder I recommend trying to make power on, anything smaller and the car makes no torque.

From preliminary engine inspection of the Genesis, the motor shares the platform and is very similar the to new EVO motor, 4B11T. The only difference in the motors is the Genesis motor is made with cheaper parts (cast instead of forged), and it's an open deck block. Also since it's in RWD configuration you can't really swap anything external over from the EVO engine..... however, since the engine platform is the same, there is no reason why one couldn't throw in an EVO block in there, since the engine pretty much identical in internal dimensions and configuration. The only problem I can see is if the mounting for the transmission is similar to the EVOs bolt pattern, and if not I'm sure mounting plates can be made. The car weighs pretty close to what an EVO weighs, so I can only conclude that, assuming other components on the car hold up to power, the Genesis should be able to go down the track faster since it only needs to power 2 wheels. The only disadvantage would be not having the AWD launch of the EVO, but this can be made up for with a good tire/wheel/launch setup, and it will definately have more top end.

The car is still new and unexplored in heavy modifications, so only time will tell once some of the big name shops get to work on them if this car will perform well.

Actually it isnt unexpolred, its been out for almost 2 years in korea and some of those cars have gt30r setups and make 350-400whp, but most of the ones i have seen only have like 750cc inj. Which makes me think they could get alot more power out of that turbo with more fuel. Not sure if the block would hold but they already have aftermarket sleeves for that engine.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

hyundai,daimler-chrysler and mitsubishi got together to design the 2.0L engine.each manufacturer did their own head/cam design,though.these kids obviously were out classed by your car,but with the comment that was made "getting beat again" you did the right thing...beat the crap out of them in the new car daddy just bought them.nice kill errr "lesson"
    Last edited by 02transamce; 04-28-2009 at 03:52 PM.

Thread Information