Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: STI Wrx

Onyx Black, M6
    2001 SS Convertible #4498

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    They dyno ls1 cars on there AWD dyno? That shop is impressive lol

Those guys posting 290whp probably all had TUNES

Here is the reason the ls1 gains more power from flowing more air through the exhaust because its a much much larger engine opening the airways does alot more for it than a 2.5liter. The STI gains so much power with bolt ons and a tune is because of the tune raising the psi. The trick to a good tune is raising the psi but still keeping it reliable which is what data logging is for.
    LOL, now it's not ALL of their dyno's, just the AWD one?! Wow...

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Turrry View Post
    Nice way to resort to name calling. Way to show your maturity. Cobb is GARBAGE you should know that. Their parts are garbage, their tunes are garbage. Is that an off-road DP car? Full 3" from turbo back?...

Yes like i said they make generic tunes but atleast they have a tune you had none and made more than there tuned car. Doesnt make sense

The name calling thing was a joke from the movie knocked up, i was playing

Arctic White, red/gray

I'll be sure to post up my LS1 dyno numbers when I get them so you can tell me THOSE are inflated as well.....
    I would never call your cars numbers inflated, arent you the guy who took a 340whp s2000 and 450whp maurader with your bone stock convertable ls1 car, you must be making 400whp stock LOL

Onyx Black, M6

Yes like i said they make generic tunes but atleast they have a tune you had none and made more than there tuned car. Doesnt make sense

The name calling thing was a joke from the movie knocked up, i was playing
    Uh huh. Seen the movie, it was as overhyped as your knowledge of Subaru's....

Honestly, I could care less what you think, I'm just surprised that knowing NOTHING about the place, and knowing that all cars don't perform the same (the car stock was considered a freak by other local STi guys, ESPECIALLY one who had a Cobb "tuned" car that I would consistently pull on) you are able to call their dyno's into question....

Onyx Black, M6

I would never call your cars numbers inflated, arent you the guy who took a 340whp s2000 and 450whp maurader with your bone stock convertable ls1 car, you must be making 400whp stock LOL
    Have no idea what I'm making stock. Never said I took them, much like other times in this thread, you obviously didnt read it well enough, I hung with them yes, but they were the faster cars if given enough room I'm sure.

Arctic White, red/gray

Have no idea what I'm making stock. Never said I took them, much like other times in this thread, you obviously didnt read it well enough, I hung with them yes, but they were the faster cars if given enough room I'm sure.
    So let me get this straight your not disputing that a stock STI puts down 230-240whp on a mustang dyno but you believe that you 05 sti with full exhaust and CAI put down 290whp on a mustang dyno. So you gained 50-60whp with 2 bolt ons and no tune? It just doesnt add up since its been proven many times that the big hp gains stage 2 STIs get over stock is from the TUNE which you didnt even have
    Last edited by Zinergy; 04-23-2009 at 12:22 PM.

Onyx Black, M6

So let me get this straight your not disputing that a stock STI puts down 230-240whp on a mustang dyno but you believe that you 05 sti with full exhaust and CAI put down 290whp on a mustang dyno. So you gained 50-60whp with 2 bolt ons and no tune? It just doesnt add up since its been proven many times that the big hp gains stage 2 STIs get over stock is from the TUNE which you didnt even have
    No...I said 30whp assuming around a 15% drivetrain loss on those cars. I have seen STi's dyno around 250-260awhp on several DIFFERENT (this means OTHER shops) dynos around town. Since I didnt dyno it stock, I guess that unfortunate cause you can't call those inflated too.

I NEVER specified what STi's make stock on a mustang dyno. I try not to make blanket, unfounded statements.

Onyx Black, M6

Why the frig am I arguing this over the internet when I'm sitting here with a fever...I usually don't get into it with you people.

Arctic White, red/gray

Why the frig am I arguing this over the internet when I'm sitting here with a fever...I usually don't get into it with you people.
    Lol, we are just having a good ole debate. Well i can tell you that shops dyno is high, i just talked to brian at auto-motion inc and he said on there mustang dyno stock 05 STIs put down 270whp and 08+ put down 280whp. Those are 30-40whp over what other mustang dynos dyno at. so yes the correction factor on there dyno is HIGH. Show me an AWD drivetrain that only looses 8% getting the power form the engine to the wheels and i will show you a contract from subaru asking to buy your AWD system lol

So lets subtract 40whp from 290whp and boom 250whp as i have been saying this is what your car should make this whole time
    Last edited by Zinergy; 04-23-2009 at 12:39 PM.

Onyx Black, M6

Lol, we are just having a good ole debate. Well i can tell you that shops dyno is high, i just talked to brian at auto-motion inc and he said on there mustang dyno stock 05 STIs put down 270whp and 08+ put down 280whp. Those are 30-40whp over what other mustang dynos dyno at. so yes the correction factor on there dyno is HIGH. Show me an AWD drivetrain that only looses 8% getting the power form the engine to the wheels and i will show you a contract from subaru asking to buy your AWD system lol
    Brian told you that? Well Charles was the one who dyno'd my car, and this was some time ago when it was done, and I'm telling you they weren't putting down that much then. Honestly, I'm surprised to hear he said that. LOL @ you calling the shop.

Arctic White, red/gray

Brian told you that? Well Charles was the one who dyno'd my car, and this was some time ago when it was done, and I'm telling you they weren't putting down that much then. Honestly, I'm surprised to hear he said that. LOL @ you calling the shop.
    Yeah, im bored and i cant go anywhere until my daughter wakes up

Onyx Black, M6

Yeah, im bored and i cant go anywhere until my daughter wakes up
    I'll talk to Charles and see if he confirms that #...

Arctic White, red/gray

Uh huh. Seen the movie, it was as overhyped as your knowledge of Subaru's....

Lol, im sure i know far more about subarus and cars in general than you. So im not sure why that comment was needed <--- i added that to counter your jerk it comment
    Last edited by mrr23; 04-24-2009 at 06:27 AM.

408 ci + 4000 stall = fun lancesT/A's Avatar

red
    2002 SS

man i love this site....... where else would a simple kill story turn into such a debate

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by lancesT/A View Post
    man i love this site....... where else would a simple kill story turn into such a debate
    Lol, debating is fun. I have to do some of it on forums or my girlfriend would leave me due to annoyance

408 ci + 4000 stall = fun lancesT/A's Avatar

red
    2002 SS

Lol, debating is fun. I have to do some of it on forums or my girlfriend would leave me due to annoyance
    my wife always says i love my car more than her which isnt true............ everyday

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by lancesT/A View Post
    my wife always says i love my car more than her which isnt true............ everyday
    Yea, its good to joke around like that but there is always crazy women who will get jealous of a car and or bike and do some damage. I dropped my buddy off after a long football game and as i pull up we see his 06 r6 laying out the ground with huge dents and cracks all over it. I left thinking some random person did it the next day i found out it was his now Ex-girlfriend who said he rode it too much.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information