Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by M-ManLA View Post
    I guess they just sit there. I'm not sure. Most people I am sure don't lock their Tops down anyway. These seems like they will not jump out as easy though.
    Most people dont lock there t-tops down? I think your way off, I think most people do lock them down. Are you suggesting that people place their t-tops in the holders but do not turn the handle down to lock them in place? That is retarded.
    Last edited by nillam1; 05-16-2009 at 10:21 AM.

I always locked them down why wouldn't you?

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by nillam1 View Post
    Most people dont lock there t-tops down? I think your way off, I think most people do lock them down. Are you suggesting that people place their t-tops in the holders but do not turn the handle down to lock them in place? That is retarded.
    ive never locked mine down. they dont go anywhere.

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

At first I never locked mines down until I read the manual. I didn't know that you could before that.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Locking down= locking them in place
    Locking the bar= inserting key etc etc.

There is a big misconception here

Red
    '99 Firebird Trans Am WS6

I made a box that sat perfectly in the spot between the cubby and the back seat, two 10's and the box had a spot in the middle for the amp. Worked great and looked good, only problem was that people can see the whole setup. Wasn't a major deal but I'm just paranoid I guess. I've recently upgraded/downgraded to the single 10" on the driver side, that way I can throw my other 10 in my Regal. Either option is good for what you want I think.

Onyx Black, M6
    2002 Berger Camaro SS #86

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Here's my setup:
    Click for full size
    With them flipped down, you can't tell it is not the OE panel unless you really know your cars. I like the stealth factor that way too. Also, the bonus is when they are flipped over and enclosed, the bass hits much harder.
    I actually have a box similar to this one, except it has the "Z28" emblem across the side w/o speakers instead of being blank. its from my last ls1, 98 z28, and im not using it in my SS. does anyone feel like buying it off of me? i can get some pictures for ya. holds 2 10's and the t-tops still go in their stock position in the trunk...

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    ive never locked mine down. they dont go anywhere.
    Ok, just so were clear here, you dont lock them down by turning the handle down after they are in the T-top holders? or you dont lock them with the key after you have turned the handle down to secure them in the T-top holders? If you are suggesting that you place them in the holders and do not secure them to the holders by turning the lever down, thats ridiculous! Please tell me you just misunderstood and was thinking about not locking them with the key! I gotta know.
    2002 Camaro Z28 Bolt ons, Flowmaster catback w/3" QTP electric cutout, Superchips tuned, Granatelli MAF, SLP cold air induction Lid & filter, ZEX powertune plugs, Taylor 10.4mm wires, 160 T-stat w/fan control, Eibach sportlines & BFG-KDW's on 17" SLP SS rims.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by nillam1 View Post
    Ok, just so were clear here, you dont lock them down by turning the handle down after they are in the T-top holders? or you dont lock them with the key after you have turned the handle down to secure them in the T-top holders? If you are suggesting that you place them in the holders and do not secure them to the holders by turning the lever down, thats ridiculous! Please tell me you just misunderstood and was thinking about not locking them with the key! I gotta know.
    yeah, i dont turn the handle down after putting them in the holder. why is that ridiculous? where are they gonna go? been doing it for years.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

T-top holders are in the hatch....... who cares if they are locked, we are big time off track here.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    T-top holders are in the hatch....... who cares if they are locked, we are big time off track here.
    not really. it a big concern with people considering sub boxes in the hatch area. thats what this entire thread is about....

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Thumbs up

I think this topic is relevant, I started the question because at the beginning of this thread shows pictures of t-tops just laying in the hatch. This and any other form of placing your t-tops in the hatch area when not properly affixed to the supplied t-top holders just so you can add a couple speakers is very irresponsible to yourself and more importantly your passengers. Anyone who takes part in such an action should have there head examined!

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Thumbs up

Locking down= locking them in place
    Locking the bar= inserting key etc etc.

There is a big misconception here
    First you were concerned, then you dont care! Make up your mind.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Wow. I think this is a first, a JoshieDoom post that is wrong. Usually your advice is right on! Could be that what you said, you said it wrong.

SOM
    2002 SS

Glad I got a hardtop

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Quote Originally Posted by 5abivt View Post
    Glad I got a hardtop
    Oh man there is nothing better than taking the T-Tops off in the summer.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

^^^^Oh man there is nothing better than taking her top off in the summer indeed!

DoHaless

Subwoofer Installation in 99 Z28

well would it reduce the rattling of my rear deck because there would be a spot for the air being pushed by the subs to go instead of moving my trunk lid and rear deck?

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by DoHaless View Post
    well would it reduce the rattling of my rear deck because there would be a spot for the air being pushed by the subs to go instead of moving my trunk lid and rear deck?
    I don't understand your question. When I have my subs firing up, there is not as much bass but the outside rattles are reduced. When I have them flipped over, facing down, more rattles are heard outside the car when the music is loud.

Red
    2000 Trans AM

Why not just remove the back seats? Its what I did. No one ever sat back there anyways so I removed the seat backs, bucket seats, and seat belts. I am having a custom box built and dropping a 10" woofer where each seat bucket as and putting the amp along the hump in the middle.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information