Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

silver
    1999 Trans am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    you fail!!! you said friday or saturday on the 22nd...wtf. i hate these kind of threads

That's like someone saying they beat a GT40 with their H/C LS1 and they "just gotta figure out how to post he video" or a twin turbo ls1 "pulled a liter bike"...."just gotta post the video"
    hes been ditchin my buddy who is trying to set it up.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

ok....waiting

Pewter
    2000 A4 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by david_viny View Post
    Car and Driver got the Challenger SRT8 to 13.3 at 108 mph in the 1/4 mile. So just numbers wise it looks like its going to be really close. But magazine #'s aren't everything, race em!

Car and drivers numbers aren't accurate..... Believe me I'd love to see you take him. I was at Byron IL's dragstrip last saturday and there was a black one there that still had new plates on it and was stock cause I talked to him and it was running 12.7's all day. Hard to get those 20's to hook so a street race could be another story.

I was at a Dodge dealership a few weeks ago and there were a couple of kids looking at Challengers and they pulled up in a 00 WS6 I tell the dude that his T/A could probably take the Challenger, he says "yeah Ive already raced one" I ask him how bad it was and he said he beat him by 1.5-2 lengths.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Itllrun View Post
    Car and drivers numbers aren't accurate..... Believe me I'd love to see you take him. I was at Byron IL's dragstrip last saturday and there was a black one there that still had new plates on it and was stock cause I talked to him and it was running 12.7's all day. Hard to get those 20's to hook so a street race could be another story.
    12.7's stock?? at what speeds? i know car and driver has weak drivers, and they only got 13.8 out of the srt8. however the kicker is they only managed to pull a 103 trap speed. regardless of how you drive, pretty near impossible to run a 12.7 with a 103ish trap on street tires.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Itllrun View Post
    You're not very accurate either........there is no way those TANKS can run 12.7 without being heavly modified!!!
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Popular Mechanics is doing a Challenger R/T project car.

Bone stock, they got 0-60 in 4.95, and a 13.55 @ 103.65mph 1/4 mile time.

With a full exhaust, CAI, and 3.55's, they got 12.9 @ 110.5mph.

With a 75hp shot of N20 they got 12.4 @ 114.0 mph.

It kind of an interesting project, in addition to the engine, they're also doing suspension and brake mods, and custom body work. After that, they plan on installing an electric powertrain in it, so in addtion to the Hemi performance, it'll have the capability to run on electric around town for zero emissions.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

3.5 mph gain on a 75 shot?

Black on Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

[QUOTE=StuntmanMike;1895457]Popular Mechanics is doing a Challenger R/T project car.

Bone stock, they got 0-60 in 4.95, and a 13.55 @ 103.65mph 1/4 mile time.

With a full exhaust, CAI, and 3.55's, they got 12.9 @ 110.5mph.

With a 75hp shot of N20 they got 12.4 @ 114.0 mph.

It kind of an interesting project, in addition to the engine, they're also doing suspension and brake mods, and custom body work. After that, they plan on installing an electric powertrain in it, so in addtion to the Hemi performance, it'll have the capability to run on electric around town for zero emissions.[/QUOTE]

Kinda makes you wanna hug a tree!

Black
    2008 Charger R/T AWD

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    You're not very accurate either........there is no way those TANKS can run 12.7 without being heavly modified!!!
    WTF? There have been bone stock SRT8 Auto Chargers run 12.8...I'm sure a Manual SRT8 Chally with a good driver could hit 12.7ish bone stock...do your homework before making such an accusation. A tune, exhaust and intake and it's a low-mid 12 car.

Black
    2008 Charger R/T AWD

Quote Originally Posted by 02ceta View Post
    it would be a hands down race to the one driving a manual but with both automatics he might get you off the line but there is no top end in any Dodge.
    my boss drives a rumble bee truck and he's done a lot under his hood while mine is pretty much stock and even with a manual he'll get a car or two on me off the line but about 2 gears later he looks like he slamed on the brakes it just depends on how long of a track you got. And if i was you id race him at a drag strip cause it sounds like neither one of you two has much racing exp. (no offence) that will help keep you guys from a ticket or wrecking.
    Plus its a lot easier to tell dad when it was off the street
    Well, probably because a rumble bee is a truck. Trucks aren't exactly known to pull well on the top end...it's called aerodynamics. The SRT8 and R/T lines are actually known for having really good top end. A SRT8 will walk a WS6 all day, a 6spd R/T will too. Not trying to be a dodge fanboy, but I have lots of information on the Mustangs, LX Chrysler Line, and F-Bodys.

3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie3521 View Post
    Well, probably because a rumble bee is a truck. Trucks aren't exactly known to pull well on the top end...it's called aerodynamics. The SRT8 and R/T lines are actually known for having really good top end. A SRT8 will walk a WS6 all day, a 6spd R/T will too. Not trying to be a dodge fanboy, but I have lots of information on the Mustangs, LX Chrysler Line, and F-Bodys.
    I'm guessing a lot of bad information. Not trying to start a fight, but LS1's are walking that dog and kicking that cat on RT's, and SRT-8's all day.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

WTF? There have been bone stock SRT8 Auto Chargers run 12.8...I'm sure a Manual SRT8 Chally with a good driver could hit 12.7ish bone stock...do your homework before making such an accusation. A tune, exhaust and intake and it's a low-mid 12 car.
    show some proof

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    show some proof
    does dragtimes.com count?

willys srt8
    +1 although a 12.7 might be possible it sure won't be the norm

http://www.srt8oc.com/forums/timeslips.php?
    Last edited by willys srt8; 04-20-2009 at 01:18 PM.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

I was at the drag strip Friday and ran with an SRT8. It only ran a 13.9@102. I gotta believe the stock trap speed is around 103 at best. I don't how you pull off a 12.7 bone stock with that kind of trap speed.
    2002 SS M6 Convertible

Black
    2008 Charger R/T AWD

Quote Originally Posted by doozjamann View Post
    I'm guessing a lot of bad information. Not trying to start a fight, but LS1's are walking that dog and kicking that cat on RT's, and SRT-8's all day.
    Maybe on the Charger R/T's of the previous generation, but the new R/T's are dynoing about 40rwhp over the old HEMI's and with the 6spd they move out a lot better. A SRT8 won't lose to a LS1 F-Body with equal drivers. A R/T will.

I have personally seen 12.9's out of bone stock SRT8's, with my own eyes. A SRT8 will not only usually beat a LS1 in a 1/4 mile race, it will walk away from one on a highway roll. The extra weight is there, but the 75hp deficit makes up for it pretty well. Look around enough, you will see quite a few stock SRT8 Challys running high 12's. There have been a few stock 6spd Chally R/T's running around 13.3, and those are short about 50hp from the SRT8. It's not bad information at all, I know from personal experience.

Black
    2008 Charger R/T AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Redegal View Post
    I was at the drag strip Friday and ran with an SRT8. It only ran a 13.9@102. I gotta believe the stock trap speed is around 103 at best. I don't how you pull off a 12.7 bone stock with that kind of trap speed.
    Even magazines pull 108+ out of SRT8's...

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...t8_manual.html

Motor Trend pulls a 13.1 @ 108..you guys know Motor Trend doesn't pull the best times either..

silver
    2002 ws6

Motor Trend pulls a 13.1 @ 108..you guys know Motor Trend doesn't pull the best times either..
    edmunds also got a 13.8 @ 103 out of the charger--- something is up with these cars. some seem to fly and some seem awful.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

O.K. I'll beleive it when I see it. The car at the track was brand new and I think he was letting his wife drive it who might not have been familiar with the car but trap speeds don't usually lie.

I was looking at the Challenger R/T. A dealer near me is getting a balck one in with the tremec M6. The magazines claim it's a mid 13 second car. I might be intertested if it was but after seeing that SRT run it kind of took the wind out of my sails as far as buying one. I think I would rather look for a low mileage LS1 F body at this point. Used of course but thousands of $$ cheaper and faster.
    Last edited by Redegal; 04-21-2009 at 02:15 AM.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information