Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    Especially in the Dodges...well, especially in all of them, but my wife's uncle works at a Dodge dealership and does at least 3 tranny jobs a week, mostly for that very reason. He has had some pretty crazy stuff come in.
    buddy of mine put a bully dog in his 06 cummins--- he dialed it right up, the tranny lasted 3 or four runs.... he got warranty though!

White
    2006 Ford F@%)

Racin a diesel

For those of you out there that think diesels are slow and are in the la crosse WI area. I would be happy to race. Just an F250 here nothing special

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

Lol. The tranny's in those trucks are made for pulling, etc. The cummins turbo diesel are strong and good for the short spurt. That inline 6 is nasty. However, just not made for racing. Unless its got a ton of money poured into it, u dead in the water on that stretch of track. Stock LS1 could have trouble, but I'll take the slightly modded FTW.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    For those of you out there that think diesels are slow and are in the la crosse WI area. I would be happy to race. Just an F250 here nothing special
    nobody said they're slow, just very exensive to mod properly. and i'll race ya!

White
    2006 Ford F@%)

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    nobody said they're slow, just very exensive to mod properly. and i'll race ya!
    That depends on what you are trying to do to them. I have about $600 in mine and I will play. And my transmission is about the last thing im worried about

silver
    2002 ws6

That depends on what you are trying to do to them. I have about $600 in mine and I will play. And my transmission is about the last thing im worried about
    well you haven't used it hard enough. with a programmer on it's highest setting, the transmission will go. it's just a matter of time.

it's like putting 500 rwhp into an fbody with a stock drivetrain. if you never use the power, the rear diff will last forever. but if you get into it a few times, POP!

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

I live in OK..... $600 invested 250's are everywhere (including my best friend's dad, he has an 08 he's touched up a bit) I can safely say been there done that. Ford, Dodge, Chevy....these rednecks around here, that's all they like to play in

Half the vehicles at the drags are either big v8/v10 trucks or diesels...I just can't stand the atomic explosion of black smoke that clogs my bronchial tubes every time one races.....again, to each their own.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

buddy of mine put a bully dog in his 06 cummins--- he dialed it right up, the tranny lasted 3 or four runs.... he got warranty though!
    Most of em do. They say they were just pulling a light trailer down the highway.....when the torque converter is shattered, and the bell housing has chunks of metal shoved through it..... But he(my uncle) just rolls his eyes and gets it done, more work for him means more commission
    Last edited by Y2KArcticSS; 03-21-2009 at 06:01 AM.

White
    2006 Ford F@%)

well you haven't used it hard enough. with a programmer on it's highest setting, the transmission will go. it's just a matter of time.

it's like putting 500 rwhp into an fbody with a stock drivetrain. if you never use the power, the rear diff will last forever. but if you get into it a few times, POP!
    Trust me its used hard enough Theres 14k or more behind it at least a couple times a week.

Theres a huge difference between off the shelf tuners like banks and bully puppy. And hypertech. A custom tuned diesel like mine will out run and out last any of those

White
    2006 Ford F@%)

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    I live in OK..... $600 invested 250's are everywhere (including my best friend's dad, he has an 08 he's touched up a bit) I can safely say been there done that. Ford, Dodge, Chevy....these rednecks around here, that's all they like to play in

Half the vehicles at the drags are either big v8/v10 trucks or diesels...I just can't stand the atomic explosion of black smoke that clogs my bronchial tubes every time one races.....again, to each their own.
    600 in an 08 thats nothing. That tells me he is still running with the DPF and horsechit tuning. Of course you ran him

rice..a growing epidemic PAT-LS101's Avatar

blue
    2002 camaro z28 a4

Same thing just happened to me this morn! Except it was a v8 tundra. He got right up on my a** and so I slowed down more and more till I was at 40 mph then he tried to get around me and I punched it hahaha too many car lengths to count haha. And we he finally catches up he does the infamous ricer fly by.......

silver
    2002 ws6

Trust me its used hard enough Theres 14k or more behind it at least a couple times a week.

Theres a huge difference between off the shelf tuners like banks and bully puppy. And hypertech. A custom tuned diesel like mine will out run and out last any of those
    14k is pretty respectable--- considering most new ford deisels can barely break 14k miles bone stock now.

grey
    2000 F250

I'm ready for ya........

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by -DIESEL- View Post
    I'm ready for ya........
    Click for full size
    nice looking truck! i'm sure the redneck in your area dont appreciate it much, but i think it looks classy.

grey
    2000 F250

Thanks.

It seems to be universally accepted so far. It would hang with a stock LS1 before. I just added a few goodies.

silver
    2002 ws6

Thanks.

It seems to be universally accepted so far. It would hang with a stock LS1 before. I just added a few goodies.

Click for full size
    should be fairly quick...

i lowered an 04 chev 4x4 shorty a few years ago--- some loved it, and some couldn't get their head around the idea that not all 4x4's need to be 12 feet high with 44" boggers on it

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

I'm ready for ya........
    Click for full size
    Nice looking truck

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Must admitt the truck looks real nice, its done very clean and if i ever run into you ill be sure to look the other way. Hate to lose to a truck, wont hear the end of it, lol.

None

every tundra\titan owner thinks their truck is a race car
    Thats funny... it happens down here in NE!!!!!
    Bastards always, look at me like "lets get it on".

I say NO and and shake my head!

None

Thanks.

Click for full size
    I bet that thing runs good... it looks sweet!

Peace Out

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information