Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Death by Dodge

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

His is an extended cab, I'll run him again after I get a tune, unless he calls me out sooner, then I'll do it for gp.

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

I was called out by this random guy at the gas station one night who was in a single cab SRT-10. He asked if I wanna race and I laughed. He said "What you laughing at? This is an SRT-10. I have 10 cylinders to your 8." Of course I wasn't going to let this clown talk smack. So we pulled out on the 4 lane highway & he got more than he bargained for. Pulled an easy 2-3 cars on him. I wasn't stock, but no significant mods either. I believe you can get him if your car is running like it should.

Lookin for a race 99HuggerOrangeZ's Avatar

2004 Black Escalade EXT
    1999 Hugger Orange Z28

This post is making me a little nervous. I've gotta race with a srt-10 this spring (single cab and 6 speed). His brother says hes gonna beat me by 3 cars, I told him I'm gonna be out in front by 1.5. I hope the Z is ruunin good that day.

Wish me luck and I'll post the results when it happens.
    99 Hugger Orange Z28 A4 3.42's
    Mod's Livernois 408, SLP Cold Air Intake, Pacesetter LT's, ORY, Electric Cut-out, Magnaflow Exhaust, Finish Line Level 5 4L65E, Vig. 3200 Stall, Spohn LCA's, UMI SFC's, Broken 10 bolt, 17x9.5 and 18x10.5 Black Z06 Motorsports

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

With your mods, you definitely shouldn't have a problem. Is he stock or do you know? I was somewhat intimidated, but its only a race. What have you got to lose? Just drive the piss outta your Z!

Red
    1998 Trans Am WS7

When mine was stock I ran a 2 door m6, I had A4 3.23. We ran on the interstate up to 140 through light traffic, but neither one was pulling. But like they said with 3.73 (i have them) your car will be quicker, you'll feel it.
    Last edited by 13nickels; 01-22-2009 at 06:58 PM.
    ?R/A Hood, SPL lid, SLP Bellows, OBX Headers w/ Off road Y pipe, SLP Loud Mouth II, HyperTech Tune, MSD Wires, 3.73 10 bolt, Brembo Rotors, Eibach Sportlines, Bilsteen HD Shocks, 35mm fr 25mm r sway bar.

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by robcas47 View Post
    Yeah it's stock, if I do stall it, it'll be be 2000-2200. I don't really want it much higher than that, also eventually I'll swap the gears out for 3.42's but that probably won't happen any time soon. I've got a lot of things to take care of around the house right now. I asked my buddy if he wanted to run again but he said maybe later, every one was giving him shit for spinning so I humbled myself and told them all that we both spun pretty bad. I guess he didn't notice.
    Dont even waste your time running a stall that small, you will just wish you went with a 3k or bigger later.

Ive got a 3k stall and 3:70 gears, most of the time when I'm racing, or playing around I wish I would have listened to other people and went with a bigger stall...

Go with atleast a 3k stall. its still completely streetable at that point. If your going to do it, do it right the 1st time.

White
    1999 SS

what tires are you running? If there decent a good launch shouldnt be too hard, I mean its an a4.. Through a stall in there, ls6 intake, and some gears (at least one of the three) along with a good set of rubber and you should take him to the cleaners.

2004 Black Escalade EXT
    1999 Hugger Orange Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_kills_WS6 View Post
    With your mods, you definitely shouldn't have a problem. Is he stock or do you know? I was somewhat intimidated, but its only a race. What have you got to lose? Just drive the piss outta your Z!

Hes stock, and hopefully I'll have 3.42's in it before we race.

I figure with the stall and drag radials I will out launch him and he will never catch up.

Dark Teal
    1997 Grand Prix GTP

Quote Originally Posted by xzaero0 View Post
    Dont even waste your time running a stall that small, you will just wish you went with a 3k or bigger later.

Ive got a 3k stall and 3:70 gears, most of the time when I'm racing, or playing around I wish I would have listened to other people and went with a bigger stall...

Go with atleast a 3k stall. its still completely streetable at that point. If your going to do it, do it right the 1st time.
    I don't know, you might want to drive/ride in a car with a bigger stall first...I have a 3000 stall and if I could trade someone for a 2500 I would definitely do it. Stalls get really annoying on a DD, maybe with a V8 it's different, but I kinda doubt it, I used to have one lol.
    '97 GTP- 390hp, HPTuners, PLX WB

http://www.fquick.com/Raptor285

2004 Black Escalade EXT
    1999 Hugger Orange Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor285 View Post
    I don't know, you might want to drive/ride in a car with a bigger stall first...I have a 3000 stall and if I could trade someone for a 2500 I would definitely do it. Stalls get really annoying on a DD, maybe with a V8 it's different, but I kinda doubt it, I used to have one lol.

+1 on this

I have a 3200 stall and it makes the car feel very sluggish during normal driving, but the shop that installed it said as my power increases the stall will feel and perform much better. I hope with a gear swap to 3.42's it will help too.

I would recommend driving a car with a higher stall so you know what your getting into.

but I will say at a 25-35mph punch it launches like a rocket.
    Last edited by 99HuggerOrangeZ; 01-27-2009 at 02:52 PM.

Thread Information