Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    Okay if you want to play it that game, how about both the C5 and the Skyline get a "ECU retune" with nothing else done and see who pulls out the most power gains, and why the Skyline is underrated from the factory. Seriously..... I'm going to debate a stock cars performance with you. We all know we're in this hobby to modify, race, and have fun with our cars. I'm telling you very very little needs to be done to get that car over 300whp into stock C5 territory. And with the power gains, the car has no problems getting it down with the AWD. You are so incredibly biased man it's incredible.

Did you read what I said? The car is know to put down 280AWHP stock, and more with a tune, since the car was underrated due to the "Gentleman's Agreement". A C5 Corvette is not putting 350 to the wheels stock. It's the same LS1 that's in the F-body. A manual will put out around 300whp stock, and auto about 280whp. Yes, the Skyline does lose more power to the drivetrain, but it can make up for it with the AWD launch in which the C5 will have the play catch-up at half track. In all, both cars are running low 13s to high 12s with a good driver (I know there are a few freaks out there, but I'm saying your general census of these cars).

Well, that motor has it's roots from the Buick Grand National, when it finally became a decent powerplant. Nothing was really changed other than cheaper internals and that retarded FWD layout. Wesman.... wtf are you doing fooling around with FWD???? There are RB motors that have gone over 200k miles with 500+whp. They are some of the most durable, longest lasting 6 cylinder motors when pelted with modifications. I'm not saying the 3800 Series isn't any good, I'm just saying it's no where in a league of its own. There are much better 6 cylinders out there than some technology from the '70s.

Did I ever say the Skyline was a race car? You are so ignorant.

"It weighs less, sounds (100 times) better" <---- I agree with that bit.

Handling and drivetrain is better?..... Eh... No... don't think so. Hope you don't have to much wheel hop and crack the rear transaxle.... opps. C5s do handle great. I've driven a couple and they're pretty darn good (way better than an F-body), but I don't see a C5s drivetrain or handling out performing an AWD system unless it's seriously set up to do so (of course you're going to give flak for this, I do understand than many race cars and platform are RWD... I'm just saying in general).

The C5 is not better than the Skyline in every way. It excels in some, and is behind in others. However, just so you don't get your panties in a wad, I will state that I would own a C5 over a Skyline, solely on the availability of parts, 2 seater, simple, V8, and the fantastic look it has.
    Your wasting your breath with wesman. He's the most biased car person I have ever met. Notice how almost everyone that talks to him gets into a debate...

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    Your wasting your breath with wesman. He's the most biased car person I have ever met. Notice how almost everyone that talks to him gets into a debate...
    So there is no chance of rehabilitation?

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    So there is no chance of rehabilitation?
    Lol not with him most likely.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Some people...you just can't reach...lol.
    and those are the ones that need to look in a mirror, hint, hint.

wesman banned from thread.

Thread Information