Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    STI's are piles of crap??

So what does that make the Evo, considering the STI has about 10 times the build quality and reliability of the Evo??
    Please go back living under your rock were you came from. And yes the STI is 10 times and reliability and crappier than an evo in build quality. Read your facts before running your mouth like you do in every import thread. You should just be banned period.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by km346 View Post
    I would not call the STI or the Evo rice. I have respect for Japanese sports cars, In the right hands they can be stylish and pretty fast. when i think rice i think of some little economical Japanese car that has a body kit/ wing and loud exhaust. Then they somehow think its fast.
    Thank you. At least we can appreciate other vehicles and different brands and styles.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    Please go back living under your rock were you came from. And yes the STI is 10 times and reliability and crappier than an evo in build quality. Read your facts before running your mouth like you do in every import thread. You should just be banned period.
    I've driven, ridden in, and worked on both. STI is a bitch to work on but at least its not built like a shitty base model lancer like the Evo is.

I don't like EITHER car particularly, so I don't see how you can call my opinion biased. I'm just calling it like I see it, and the STI is the much better built car out of the two. Simple as that.

Banned?? After that post, you shouldn't even be entitled to a ban, your account should just be deleted.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I've driven, ridden in, and worked on both. STI is a bitch to work on but at least its not built like a shitty base model lancer like the Evo is.

I don't like EITHER car particularly, so I don't see how you can call my opinion biased. I'm just calling it like I see it, and the STI is the much better built car out of the two. Simple as that.

Banned?? After that post, you shouldn't even be entitled to a ban, your account should just be deleted.
    Comming from the guy with 4/4 infractions? Iv been in both myself and the STI was terrible! The evo X is a complete crap, yes. But the 8's and 9's are amazing and way better than the boxster motor. You ask enough people and 8 of 10 would say the STI is inferior to the EVO for build quality and performance.

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Erm i dont hate on Imports really, its all that around here, the domestic crowd is a bunch of douches if their kids but if their adults their pretty cool. To prove my point i was riding in my friends Stock tC and this kid in a trans am pulls up next to us, it was a LT1 car, and it was really quiet. Anyway, he sees me look over at his car and does a burn out in traffic and almost hits the car infront of em.

I never, ever , catch anything from the imports around here, they dont give me any flack but mustangs, other domestics do. I dont get it.

None

An evo is about as far from rice as an import goes.
    Stop smokin crack.... EVO=Rice!!!
    U born under a rock?

None

I love all cars... but EVO is Rice!
    Stop the drugs....

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by SS02 View Post
    U born under a rock?
    Great comments! Glad our educational system worked our great for you, and found you a job at Mcdonalds!

None

Great comments! Glad our educational system worked our great for you, and found you a job at Mcdonalds!
    It is so hard to take you serious, after all you wrong replies!
    Your comment is so very wrong about the Evo. If your only
    on this site to be an @ss and be rude the please go away!

This is a LS1 polite site, not sure that you belong?

Dude, Ur smack is not cool!
    No more responding to your bull, good luck with your attitude!

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by km346 View Post
    I would not call the STI or the Evo rice. I have respect for Japanese sports cars, In the right hands they can be stylish and pretty fast. when i think rice i think of some little economical Japanese car that has a body kit/ wing and loud exhaust. Then they somehow think its fast.
    Agreed!

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    About as rare as props from the domestic crowd.
    Hey I gave this guy a thumbs up before we said anything.

He was looking at me thru his rear view mirrior because he knew we were both having a little fun in traffic.

No he wasn't ahead of me because we raced and he won, LOL!

red
    2000 camaro ss

considering how terrible your spelling and grammar is i wouldn't bash someones education. lets keep it to cars. . .bashin someone personally is for ricers.

Dark Teal
    1997 Grand Prix GTP

Nice fishtailing run to the OP, lol. It's always nice to get a cool person that would rather compliment your ride over degrading it. Not too many of those people around here, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by side2000 View Post
    havin a car and not usin it for its purpose = rice.
    I don't use my car to get groceries...well sometimes I do. I wouldn't consider my car rice by any means. What about that TT and sprayed Chevy Truck that was running 10's a while back, that was rice?

Oh and STI's and EVO's can be rice, but I wouldn't consider the majority of them to be...hell you can even rice out a Cavalier, although I wouldn't recommend it lol
    '97 GTP- 390hp, HPTuners, PLX WB

http://www.fquick.com/Raptor285

red
    2000 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor285 View Post
    Nice fishtailing run to the OP, lol. It's always nice to get a cool person that would rather compliment your ride over degrading it. Not too many of those people around here, sadly.

I don't use my car to get groceries...well sometimes I do. I wouldn't consider my car rice by any means. What about that TT and sprayed Chevy Truck that was running 10's a while back, that was rice?
    Oh and STI's and EVO's can be rice, but I wouldn't consider the majority of them to be...hell you can even rice out a Cavalier, although I wouldn't recommend it lol
    if he pulls his trailers with it, or uses the bed for somethin then nah. aint rice. if it was a truck sittin in his yard that he decided to do somethin with 'cuz it's there, ill give him a pass on that. my 12 sec DD farm truck not rice either

-also sounds like that guy built a motor and put a chassis around it. not rice when it's a SBC (assuming it's SB).

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

It is so hard to take you serious, after all you wrong replies!
    Your comment is so very wrong about the Evo. If your only
    on this site to be an @ss and be rude the please go away!

This is a LS1 polite site, not sure that you belong?

Dude, Ur smack is not cool!
    No more responding to your bull, good luck with your attitude!
    Never started anything with you. Your the one that started running your mouth. I highly doubt your actually 41 somehow. I'm 37 and not many of my friends or neighbors ever talk like you do. But anyways back to cars!

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor285 View Post

Yeah you can make anything rice. I have seen mustangs. camaro's, hell even a couple vettes online that were pathetic attempts of being "cool". Kinda sad what people thing is good looking sometimes. I know everyone enjoys a little something different, but come on. Enough is enough when you get the huge ass spoilers that serve no purpose or the gaudy ass tail lights that I seen on half the people 20 and under in their imports/domestics even.

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

oh, the drama

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

U born under a rock?
    Exactly. Its the epitomy of Japanese styling. Tacky body kits, huge wings, air dams, sideways fart cans, ect. Thats what the japanese think looks nice on a performance car, I don't see why he is arguing with the known facts.

The Evo and STi are the epitomy of rice. Rice doesn't mean it is slow or doesn't perform as it looks, rice just describes japanese cars like the Evo and sti. Thats where the term originated, and it got blown out of proportion in the 90's with the Honda tuning scence, all of sudden everything was rice, but it goes back to the idea of japanese styling and design.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rice

1. rice 758 up, 158 down
    An automobile that has been equipped with gawdy, unnesecary accessories, such as 3' high spoilers, loud and/or repulsive paint job and body work. Owners of such automobiles feel that these accessories make their car the best in the world, when in fact it is not.
    That Prelude over there is nice, but this here Civic ain't nothin but a ric mobile
    by Penguin4x4 Apr 5, 2003 share this add comment
    rice images
    Crazy Rice
    1of 4

2. rice 552 up, 101 down
    Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements. (R.I.C.E.)Parts put on cars to make them look fast, when they have no internal tuning, and are actually slow as hell. Parts usually consist of excessivley angular bodykits, large rear spoilers, neon, sponsor stickers, chrome rims, fake "coffee can" exhaust tips, and loud, annoying paint jobs and/or vynils. Sometimes parts are do-it-yourself installed and are basically duct taped to the car. Most commonly known for being done to Honda Civics, but can also be done to slow domestic vehicles, such as a Chevy Cavalier, etc.
    "Yo dog, did you see the Civic that guy was rollin' in? it was so rice."

"This guy's got nothin' under the hood, it's just rice. Smoke him."

"What a riceboy, I bet he thinks his neon adds 50 bhp!"
    by Dusk Coffee Dec 20, 2004 share this add comment
    3. rice 472 up, 187 down
    v. To take a shitty jap car, add some Vtech stickers, spoiler, and fuck up the camber.
    I just spent $12000 ricing up a $8000 piece of shit

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

Man I must be getting old, because the term "rice" obviously has a new meaning today. I'm 27 now, and when I was about 14-15 is when the word first came about, as a spin-off of the term "rice rocket". The original definition was any import car that was dressed with a fart can muffler, any type of graphics on the exterior, a big wing, any and all cheesy exterior mods, racing seats, lots of gauges, fire extinguisher...basically a whole bunch of crap piled on on top of an import. It didn't have anything to do with the build quality or how well that car lived up to it's purpose for being produced. A WRX/STI, EVO, Civic, Integra... and so on, are all "rice" like it or not!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information