this is mine. I know it old but always a good one

Purple 95 Camaro
    Arctic White 02 T/A WS6

Quote Originally Posted by adam0321 View Post

haha, that corvette and its owner was awesome

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

The one where I have to look at the timeslip to determine the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by adam0321 View Post

Classic.

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

any V8 vs. my near stock LS1. I don't really care if I lose or not, it's always worth it as long as the street is safe and my wife or kid isn't in the car.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

this one: I'm in race 2 in the ws6

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/0...95-v_37134.htm

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

Nice. I think the designers as the f-body plant took special consideration with the back of a trans-am knowing that it would soon be seen by alot of mustangs.

Dark Teal
    1997 Grand Prix GTP

^LOL, QFT right there...I haven't really had any good races, someone want to come race me in the spring?

(not Slow GTP either, lol)

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post

Badass KY boys.... street racing.. making me look ..guilty

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    Work on that shifting.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

I went to a vendors open house and they were having a car show and they wanted me to put my car in the show. I had just driving 75 miles and it was full of bugs and I did not want to enter, but they talked me into it being it was a new 5000 miles 06 GTO. Everyone was checking it out much to my surprise, just about dark a beautiful 06 Mustang gt rolled up with a custom paint job and it was very nice, he started talking trash about it was a 550 HP car, several people called him out and said BS, I looked at it and it was stock. After a while he was so pissed he wanted to run me, we were in an industrial park and we had room, so the race was on! He wanted to make it a money run and I told him he would lose his money, he said 300.00 so I said OK and then there were side bets some that covered me. Long story short I took him 3 out of 3 and took home 600.00 bucks, but he looked good losing

Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar

Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

Out of the races I've been in...my favorite would definitely have been beating that corroded, early 90s Honda accord that had a rusty (yes, I could see rust on it) fart can with my dad's beater '97 Monte Carlo.

The look on the poor driver (who looked like a destitute Flavor Flav impersonator)'s face was priceless.

White/Gold
    99 T/A sold/67 Firebird

lol My favorite race had to be well i cant pick one there are two that stand out. They were both cocky assholes. The first was at an industrial park this stupi ass kid in his rx8 thought he was the shit cause mommy and daddy bought him his car. so long story short we line up i dont even heat up my tires im that confident nor do i rev and hold it at 2500rpm like usual. so the chick drops her arms oh by the way i spotted him out by 3 cars but anyways yah i beaat him by five. Now the second light i pull up to an old guy in a spotless twin turboed 300z i look at him give him the nice car nod and yell nice car he looks and starts laughing kid you wont keep up so i get pissed i tried being respectfull but its on so i say hey how many punds of boost you pushing he replies 18psi i say good he yells again you wont keep up. light turns green he gets the hit by third im all ready atleast 3 carwss ahead by fifth its game over he probabolyy a good semi length back so we hit a red light i go to yell hey thought i couldnt keep up lmao but he was a little bitch and turned right to ignore me hahahahahah god i love my ls1 trans am

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Last week when I pulled on a shop owner's H/C/I C5 vette from a 60 roll with my pretty stock lt1 haha
    then to find out "the car wasnt running right"

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

Glad I checked out this thread you guys gave some good stories.

I actually have several Favorites some are pretty old aswell.

Circa 1992
    My Car 1979 Trans Am warmed over 400 Pontiac TH350 2.41 gears. (approx 325HP)
    I was out cruis'in solo late one night and these 3 punks in Brand New 5.0 LX droptop wanted to run me for $50 I told them don't run for money and I didn't want to take theirs anyway. Sounds cocky I know but I knew what I had. They badger me for a little while then try running me no money.
    I actually had to run around another car during the race and I still had 3 cars on them. They did the usuall Mustang right turn off.
    About the same year I ran a `89 Formula 350 that got a full car jump on me out of the hole. Well with my 2.41 gears 1st is good thru about 60mph, you should have seen the look on his face (chin on the floorboard) as I went by him and hit second leaving rubber ay 70mph.

Now when the LS1 F-bodies were new back in `98 we had alot of fun because nobody knew how fast these cars realy were.
    I trounced a Cocky Old guy in his `73 SD455 Trans Am. He actually said I wasn't in his league untill I owned him at the top of third gear.
    Then there was the `90 GT Mustang with a Paxton and street tires.
    All he did was liquify his tires on every shift trying to keep up.
    Probably the best run and maybe my all time favorite was against a 2000 Trans Am Firehawk M6. We ran from a 5-10 mph roll and it was door to door till I started to pull at the top of 3rd and into 4th.

IMO The close races are better, pounding on lesser cars esp. people who are asking for it maybe satisfying to some degree. But the closer the race the more fun it is.
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Quote Originally Posted by 9T8W66 View Post
    Glad I checked out this thread you guys gave some good stories.

I actually have several Favorites some are pretty old aswell.

Circa 1992
    My Car 1979 Trans Am warmed over 400 Pontiac TH350 2.41 gears. (approx 325HP)
    I was out cruis'in solo late one night and these 3 punks in Brand New 5.0 LX droptop wanted to run me for $50 I told them don't run for money and I didn't want to take theirs anyway. Sounds cocky I know but I knew what I had. They badger me for a little while then try running me no money.
    I actually had to run around another car during the race and I still had 3 cars on them. They did the usuall Mustang right turn off.
    About the same year I ran a `89 Formula 350 that got a full car jump on me out of the hole. Well with my 2.41 gears 1st is good thru about 60mph, you should have seen the look on his face (chin on the floorboard) as I went by him and hit second leaving rubber ay 70mph.

Now when the LS1 F-bodies were new back in `98 we had alot of fun because nobody knew how fast these cars realy were.
    I trounced a Cocky Old guy in his `73 SD455 Trans Am. He actually said I wasn't in his league untill I owned him at the top of third gear.
    Then there was the `90 GT Mustang with a Paxton and street tires.
    All he did was liquify his tires on every shift trying to keep up.
    Probably the best run and maybe my all time favorite was against a 2000 Trans Am Firehawk M6. We ran from a 5-10 mph roll and it was door to door till I started to pull at the top of 3rd and into 4th.

IMO The close races are better, pounding on lesser cars esp. people who are asking for it maybe satisfying to some degree. But the closer the race the more fun it is.
    I would really to destroy my uncle and dads old cars. My uncle talked shit about my car yet he wont ride with me in it.. he said " It wont knock the hat off my head"

I think he is scared... better yet. I KNOW he is

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    I would really to destroy my uncle and dads old cars. My uncle talked shit about my car yet he wont ride with me in it.. he said " It wont knock the hat off my head"

I think he is scared... better yet. I KNOW he is
    There will always be the Old School purists who think their `60's Muscle is the fastest. When in fact a stock LS1 F-body will beat 95% of them.

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

so last night I was driving home from work and I see these headlights speeding up from behind me, well I dont know what year it was but it was a imapalla ss. And the driver was i his late 50's. we pull up to a light and he looks over and say's "ahh kids and there toys" then he tells me before i even say anything to not even try because I dont stand a chance since he has a 75 shot in the trunk. This is my set up. 99 ws6, m6, 383, 2.5,5.3 heads, ms3 cam, fast 92/92, full bolt ons, moser 9 w/4.11, and full suspencion up grades, o and a 150 shot. Now I know my car is fast and I know it is faster then his impalla. so I let him run a bit then just gun it and blow by him. My question is when you pull up tpo a car that has the cut outs open, is camming that hard(for those of you that know what a ms3 sounds like) and has pillar guages. how do you think the car is not fast???

Quote Originally Posted by 9T8W66 View Post
    There will always be the Old School purists who think their `60's Muscle is the fastest. When in fact a stock LS1 F-body will beat 95% of them.
    I don't know about that. Maybe it's just that the pickin's are slim in your neck of the woods. A stock LS1 Fbody is nothing to jump for joy about,,,I surely wouldn't be running around with a stocker thinking I was the baddest on the street.

White
    01 SS Vert

As much as I love old muscle cars, most 'fast' cars back then only ran 14s.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information