1998 Trans Am m6

low to mid 12s

White
    2001 Z28

actually i did 12.98 high ass 12 and low 13.09

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Do a damn tune up.. first night out with my bone stocker i got destroyed by a stage 2 cobalt SS.

Fuel filter, plugs, wires and a lid make a world of difference.....
    wow ur joking right? right? Thats sad please tell my you ran the ss again and destroyed it? lol j/p

My first day out with my Z I took on a STI and beat it by 2 lengths up to 100 after that I just kept running away..

To the OP don't be surprised, my Business partner has a 05 SRT with a front mount, solid motor mounts and other various mods and the car Freaking screams. He runs mid to low 12's all day long at the track with dr's
    Last edited by Justin93; 01-13-2009 at 11:41 AM.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28, Bolt-Ons

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Justin93 View Post
    wow ur joking right? right? Thats sad please tell my you ran the ss again and destroyed it?

My first day out with my Z I took on a STI and beat it by 2 lengths up to 100 after that I just kept running away..

To the OP don't be surprised, my Business partner has a 05 SRT with a front mount, solid motor mounts and other various mods and the car Freaking screams.
    I'd never even heard of an SRT-4; now I'm kind of obsessed with annihilating it. By the way, cobalts are gay. I looked at one, and realized i almost bought a hopped up cavalier.

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

Quote Originally Posted by first01SS View Post
    I'd never even heard of an SRT-4; now I'm kind of obsessed with annihilating it. By the way, cobalts are gay. I looked at one, and realized i almost bought a hopped up cavalier.

Well man the 05to 07 supercharged cobalts are gay but beware of the 08 and newer SS models. They are tubo with 262 hp. I just helped my buddy tune a local kids car and with just some slight tweaking of the factory boost limiter and we were able to bump it up to 23 psi of boost and got the car into the high 12's on stock tires with the launch control. Im not saying Id drive one but to me they look way better than the SRT-4 and Are faster out of the Box as well.

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

I installed my N20 plate today. I plan on installing the solinoids later tonight.. Somehow I think 175 extra horsepower will make a difference....
    Hehe I just saw this post..... should be a cake walk for you now lol

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I really don't think you need to spray 175 shot, honestly...

You don't have long tube headers or a y-pipe or x-pipe yet right? I'd spend my money there next, then a stall, then a cam. I like to do one thing at a time myself...you can enjoy each mod, it's up to you. If you do long tubes, stall and a cam, you'll definitely want some drag radials at least.

I got a stall and a lot of bolt ons and hook with 315 nittos no problem, if you do this, the srt-4 will be a thing of the past..well from a dig, but then you got nitrous, you are golden!!
    Last edited by allbaugh_04; 01-13-2009 at 12:07 PM.

Pewter

probably, for me cam-->stall. What kind of cam would you suggest for retaining stockish idle

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

224r or 228r is a very common cam for a daily driver, streetable cam, in texas i know you have a lot of good tuners down there. honestly you could get a pretty big cam, say 230/230 and it will be streetable.

everyone says "it's all in the tune" and thats very true.

Pewter

I'm purchasing the 515hp Trick Flow heads and cam kit; and need advice on a 3800 stall...... where to find, what brand to hold up to mild/light abuse

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I have an ss3600 from yank and that's perfect for a street / strip setup. I like it a lot but i don't drive it every day. I wish i would of gotten an ss4000. If you have another car you drive most of the time then I'd suggest the ss4000 or pt4000 from yank. A tune is highly recommended after a stall. Mine felt like a whole nother car after the stall, then i tuned it and was amazed again.

There's a lot of different brands out there. Like yank, vig and circle-d.

Pewter

what will happen if I don't get a stall?

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

If you get a big cam and you don't have a stall. It will really suck. The cam wants to make the car move and it's hard at lights cuz you have to have your foot mashed to the floor to keep it from moving.

Imagine this. When I am in my car and I gun it at idle at 0mph. The RPMS instantly reach around 4000RPMS and that's with my SS3600. It's one of the biggest difference makers in 1/4 mile time, but you have to have a good set of tires to go with one. Another thing, when my auto shifts from 1st to 2nd. It holds the RPMS high. Around 5k or so, i can't remember, if i didn't have the stall, the RPMS would drop pretty far after every shift. A stall can keep your car in the power band...you see?

I run 315 555R Nittos. They usually hook if i'm on cement. Asphalt sucks ass though.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Not trying to pressure you or anything on what to do, but there is lots of information out there. Lots of time can be spent figuring out what you want to do.

Pewter

I've spent several weeks fudgling with web sites and statistics... I come here because this is real talk, no bs. People here actually use the products and won't try to sell me crap. Generally most people are like me: not rich, and don't have money to waste. I drive this car daily in the summer months so things like reliability, mileage, drivability and overall cost. I'm more opt to spend the money to get a near-stock driving experience over lower 1/4 mile times.. Although I'm willing to compromise time for some drivability. I know it's hard to get an idea of what I want when you guys aren't actually here but, I appreciate greatly the moments taken out by everyone to respond.... With that said, back to the stall.... How much difference will the stall make on the highway? Also, keep in mind, I also have 125 shot of nitrous.

This is the quote from Texas Speed i got yesterday. I'm trying to size a stall for this configuration... I hope this additional information helps.. I love the price, but this is my baby! I don't wanna cheap her.
    Last edited by first01SS; 01-28-2009 at 06:12 AM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

I've spent several weeks fudgling with web sites and statistics... I come here because this is real talk, no bs. People here actually use the products and won't try to sell me crap. Generally most people are like me: not rich, and don't have money to waste. I drive this car daily in the summer months so things like reliability, mileage, drivability and overall cost. I'm more opt to spend the money to get a near-stock driving experience over lower 1/4 mile times.. Although I'm willing to compromise time for some drivability. I know it's hard to get an idea of what I want when you guys aren't actually here but, I appreciate greatly the moments taken out by everyone to respond.... With that said, back to the stall.... How much difference will the stall make on the highway? Also, keep in mind, I also have 125 shot of nitrous.

Click for full size

This is the quote from Texas Speed i got yesterday. I'm trying to size a stall for this configuration... I hope this additional information helps.. I love the price, but this is my baby! I don't wanna cheap her.
    I would probably change that list a little. I'd get a different set of heads. I think the LS6 are usually a better option. I'd also get a double roller timing chain. Its not to much more.

Pewter

This was their suggestion. they told me this is the setup used on their 9.82, 1/4 mile car (race weight, stripped). I'll be honest; I'm not sure i believe that entirely, but since I'm not an expert in selecting heads+cam, i took it for face value. this stall thing really concerns me. especially since 700+ dollars just for the stall is a big chunk of the budget.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

This was their suggestion. they told me this is the setup used on their 9.82, 1/4 mile car (race weight, stripped). I'll be honest; I'm not sure i believe that entirely, but since I'm not an expert in selecting heads+cam, i took it for face value. this stall thing really concerns me. especially since 700+ dollars just for the stall is a big chunk of the budget.
    Most people don't like the 5.3 heads, although they seem popular for FI applications.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

A lot of people get the LS2 timing chain as well. They are a bit cheaper. There are stalls out there that are less than 700 as well. Just don't go cheap.

If you haven't already, start making posts in specific sections. Some people patrol certain sections cuz they know more about heads than cams or vice versa. I suggest you do that and try and find out what's best for what you are looking for performance and drivability wise.

Personally, I think a stall and a 125 shot would be my max. There would only be a few cars around here that could beat me and I would feel safe with that setup as well. Maybe a midle Cam/Stall/100shot would be my max, just to be on the safe side. But thats me personally. With that, i'd be pushing 500rwhp...plenty of power for me.

Don't forget all the mods you'll have to do to the suspension to get that power to the ground.

Dark Teal
    1997 Grand Prix GTP

You want mileage, reliability, close to stock driveability, and your choice for that is a Magic Stick? You should look for some vids of the magic stick at idle and on cold starts...It's not usually a cam people choose for something they drive every day. That cam will have a rough idle, hurt your MPG, and your car will be close to 500 whp...that's a pretty hardcore cam from what I understand...however if TSP knows you will be driving this thing every day and that's what they recommend, more power to them, and you.

To clarify, it's not that you CAN'T drive a magic stick every day...but from the way you are writing it seems like that cam would be too much for you and you wouldn't like the driveability. Just trying to help

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information