Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    I found the V8 killer you speak of.
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=168529296
    HAHA thats funny.

I'd like to line up with her at a light and make her eat that license plate.

I remember awhile back, when I had my F-body, I came up to this Supra at a light that had "V8KILLER" or something like that condensed, on the license plate. Let's just say that due to the combination of his car stinking of race gas, and surging/camming... I knew right there that he deserved that tag.

....And yes... I did get him to run, just for shits and giggles. We both opened up in 2nd gear, then he put it in 3rd smoking the tires while passing me (I got chunks or rubber on my windshield). When he got traction I was literally standing still, it was a joke of a race. That car had to trap at least 150+ in the 1/4. Later found out is was one of the local shop owners cars.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    I remember awhile back, when I had my F-body, I came up to this Supra at a light that had "V8KILLER" or something like that condensed, on the license plate. Let's just say that due to the combination of his car stinking of race gas, and surging/camming... I knew right there that he deserved that tag.

....And yes... I did get him to run, just for shits and giggles. We both opened up in 2nd gear, then he put it in 3rd smoking the tires while passing me (I got chunks or rubber on my windshield). When he got traction I was literally standing still, it was a joke of a race. That car had to trap at least 150+ in the 1/4. Later found out is was one of the local shop owners cars.
    It still makes you look like an idiot to put that on your license plate when there are hundreds of V8's that would whoop his ricer car's ass. And I honesty doubt he was trapping anywhere near 150MPH, Supras aren't that fast unless its a full out drag only car that would never see the streets.

Its not like he's invincible or something, a 454 LSX TT would take his rice and shove it straight up his ass. Thats what I love about ricers with those stupid plates, you have a small motor, there is always someone with a bigger motor who would be more than happy to hand your your ass on a silver platter. You shouldn't talk shit when you're at the bottom of the food chain.
    Last edited by Wesman; 12-25-2008 at 11:33 AM.

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

His car threw chunks of rubber on your windshield? OMG thats funny.

Magnetic
    2016 Shelby GT350

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    It still makes you look like an idiot to put that on your license plate when there are hundreds of V8's that would whoop his ricer car's ass. And I honesty doubt he was trapping anywhere near 150MPH, Supras aren't that fast unless its a full out drag only car that would never see the streets.

Its not like he's invincible or something, a 454 LSX TT would take his rice and shove it straight up his ass. Thats what I love about ricers with those stupid plates, you have a small motor, there is always someone with a bigger motor who would be more than happy to hand your your ass on a silver platter. You shouldn't talk shit when you're at the bottom of the food chain.
    Hey Wesman, come on out to Southern California and run against a last generation turbocharged Supra that's putting out 500 to 600 hp and run him on Mullholland Drive. Then tell me who is at the bottom of the food chain. No way is that type of car a "ricer." Properly set up, they're fast and quick.
    '01 BMW 330ci: Race it in a modified class in BMW CCA Club Racing and NASA endurance races.
    '04 Lincoln LS V8 Sport: Stock.
    '04 Mustang Cobra coupe (white/gray): Modified.

Yeah, but you'll never see a 454 LSX TT on the street. Supra's you can go 800-900whp in some cases without ever removing the valve cover. That's why you see them everywhere, they are easy to make power and easy to make fast (big single turbo kit, tuning, tires, done.).

Also.... bottom of the food chain? I think not. There are some tube chassis 2JZ powered drag cars running well in the low 6s, and some full body Supras running in the 7s. You must not be out at the track or events much. 2JZs are certainly not the bottom of the food chain.

Here is a full body Supra in the 7s:

Here is hot model Jessica Barton driving a 6 speed street Supra into the low 9s:

And here is your V8 supercharged dragster getting beat by yes.... a 6 second 2JZ:

You can rant all you want.... but drag racing is no longer dominated by American muscle, at least down to the Outlaw Pro class. It's okay that you're biased, but don't surround yourself in ignorance. These days, you don't need an enormous cubic inch V8 to go fast.
    Last edited by Superluminal; 12-25-2008 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2000LS1Bird View Post
    His car threw chunks of rubber on your windshield? OMG thats funny.
    Yes, as he was spinning past me.... he was lighting up the tires and rubber debris was landing on my windshield.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Here is a prime example of ricer beating a V8.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Here is a prime example of ricer beating a V8.

That has nothing to do with a ricer beating a V8, but great video!

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

You can rant all you want.... but drag racing is no longer dominated by American muscle, at least down to the Outlaw Pro class. It's okay that you're biased, but don't surround yourself in ignorance. These days, you don't need an enormous cubic inch V8 to go fast.
    The fastest drag cars in the world are still american V8s hands down, no argument. Top fuel dragsters.

I understand what you are saying about not needing a v8 to go fast, thats very true with todays modern turbo technology. There are lots of very nice, very fast imports that I would drive.

But... it all comes down to more cubes more potential my main man. Thats why top fuel runs a 500cubic in hemi... not a 2JZ...

red
    2000 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    The fastest drag cars in the world are still american V8s hands down, no argument. Top fuel dragsters.

I understand what you are saying about not needing a v8 to go fast, thats very true with todays modern turbo technology. There are lots of very nice, very fast imports that I would drive.

But... it all comes down to more cubes more potential my main man. Thats why top fuel runs a 500cubic in hemi... not a 2JZ...
    no doubt. more cubes = more potential. it's lawful.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

That has nothing to do with a ricer beating a V8, but great video!
    And you my friend have been KenRolled and didnt even know it..

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    And you my friend have been KenRolled and didnt even know it..
    Really? All I saw was a well built STI with an awesome driver performing acrobatics around an obsticle course.

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post

Yeah, I know that. All Top Fuel Dragsters are large displacement V8s with lots of boost. I'm just saying generally drag racing is not dominated by cubic inches like it used to be. There are 4 and 6 cylinders down into the 6s now, which in the past was only seen by large displacement engine. But, the general concensus is that some people (like Wesman) still think an 8 cylinder is still the only way to go fast and be streetable, which is not true. But, I've seen many people like him, and you can show them 2+2=4 and they will never believe it out of biased opinion, which is fine..... but when they bash others.... that's pretty low.

red
    2000 camaro ss

well, fast and streetable is purely opinion. you can run 1000 horse lsx on pump gas, not happenin w/ a rice motor. runnin c16 just to drive around isn't my idea of "streetable". granted, the lsx w/ 1000 horse on pump gas isn't your run-of-the mill LS and took a lotta money and either a large single or multiple turbos. it may not be the only car that can be "streetable" with lots of power, but it sure is easy to make lots of power reliably, and drive to work. ANY engine can make outrageous amount of power with enough turbos and the right fuel (or mix), as long as you dont grenade your parts for long enough to show it to someone.

red
    2000 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by 99 Kobra View Post
    Hey Wesman, come on out to Southern California and run against a last generation turbocharged Supra that's putting out 500 to 600 hp and run him on Mullholland Drive. Then tell me who is at the bottom of the food chain. No way is that type of car a "ricer." Properly set up, they're fast and quick.
    we can all say "come here and race this guy we know". just like "someone out there can beat me" in the world of fighting, "someone out there can beat me" racing. there's no such thing as "the fastest car in the world". it's all 'bout whos pockets are deeper.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 99 Kobra View Post
    I honestly don't give a crap about some piece of shit Supra thats running race gas with some massive turbo to put down 600HP. As if he's the first person to ever hit those kinds of numbers?? Guys do that N/A with V8's all the time, I'm NOT impressed by his rice.

I don't understand what you are trying to prove.

I could say the same thing, tell your "boy" in his Supra to come race this guy I know from work who has a '01 twin turbo Viper, 800WHP on low boost, 1000+ on high boost. Makes that Supra look like a child's toy.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Yeah, but you'll never see a 454 LSX TT on the street. Supra's you can go 800-900whp in some cases without ever removing the valve cover. That's why you see them everywhere, they are easy to make power and easy to make fast (big single turbo kit, tuning, tires, done.).
    And why would you never see a TT LSX on the street?? The majority of guys who have TT LSX's drive them on the streets, I don't think you understand.

I love how everyone brags about how "easy" it is to make "huge" power with Supras, its not as straightforward as you lead people to believe. The stress on a "stock" motor at 800-900WHP is phenominal, its not going to last long at that power level, simple as that. There's this thing called physics, and cramming that much boost into that small of an engine to make that much power will eventually result in total destruction of the motor.

Also.... bottom of the food chain? I think not. There are some tube chassis 2JZ powered drag cars running well in the low 6s, and some full body Supras running in the 7s. You must not be out at the track or events much. 2JZs are certainly not the bottom of the food chain.
    In order to get the car to run that fast, you need more boost and higher octane fuel than you would need to do the same thing with a larger motor. Bottom of the food chain, simple as that.

I didn't watch any of your stupid videos because I honestly don't care. We can sit here and post videos all day long of this car beating that car, its one example and it doesn't prove anything.

Yes it is. The fastest cars are still American cars with big engines, and unless someone figures out a way to change scientific principles, thats the way its going to say. You are the ignorant one for believing otherwise.

Obviously you don't need a big V8 to go "fast", but if you want to be the fastest, thats what you get. And what do you think is going to last longer reliability wise and which would be more driveable?? A 600WHP V8 on 10PSI or a 600WHP 6 cylinder on 30PSI with race fuel?? Use some common sense. Either way small ricer engines lose the battle, thats the way the world works.

silver
    2002 ws6

how do ricers do at pump gas challenges?

I love how everyone brags about how "easy" it is to make "huge" power with Supras, its not as straightforward as you lead people to believe. The stress on a "stock" motor at 800-900WHP is phenominal, its not going to last long at that power level, simple as that. There's this thing called physics, and cramming that much boost into that small of an engine to make that much power will eventually result in total destruction of the motor.
    It is straightforward. The reason is the engine was built for boost, so not much needs to be changed when running turbo setups, other the the kit itself. Most 8 cylinders, especially LSX, were never meant for boost. These motors you have to build and forge to handle higher boost if you want them to last. That being said, a custom LSX turbo build will always outperform a custom 2JZ build due to the displacement difference, so I agree with you there. My point was that, for a street car, not many people do a full motor build up. So, under these conditions 2JZ is a viable option since you don't have to change much, if anything, to run a lot of boost.

In order to get the car to run that fast, you need more boost and higher octane fuel than you would need to do the same thing with a larger motor. Bottom of the food chain, simple as that.
    So what. The motor can handle lots of boost. It was designed to do it without changing anything internally. I see and agree with your point that a larger displacement motor will need less boost to achieve the same horsepower. I never said a 2JZ was at the top of the food chain, but it's certainly not at the bottom.

I didn't watch any of your stupid videos because I honestly don't care. We can sit here and post videos all day long of this car beating that car, its one example and it doesn't prove anything.
    I just simply wanted to show you a few of these Supra's running at the track. If you don't want to watch, no problem.

Yes it is. The fastest cars are still American cars with big engines, and unless someone figures out a way to change scientific principles, thats the way its going to say. You are the ignorant one for believing otherwise.
    I was simply stating that there are 4 and 6 cylinders that can run in the Outlaw class and put times similar to the 8 cylinders. Sure you see lot's more 8 cylinders in that class, but when I say dominate, I mean no 4 or 6 cylinders are running that fast, which isn't true. I'm not oblivious. I do know top fuel drag racing are all large displacement forced induction 8 cylinders and it is easier, at the level, to make an 8 cylinder faster.

Obviously you don't need a big V8 to go "fast", but if you want to be the fastest, thats what you get. And what do you think is going to last longer reliability wise and which would be more driveable?? A 600WHP V8 on 10PSI or a 600WHP 6 cylinder on 30PSI with race fuel?? Use some common sense. Either way small ricer engines lose the battle, thats the way the world works.
    I never said, that a 4-6 cylinder platform is the way to go to be the fastest. I agree with you on that 100%. My point was what you stated..... you don't need a V8 to be fast, but you do to be the fastest. On the reliability, there are many 2JZs running 600+ horsepower for years on stock internals. The RB26DETT (from Nissan Skyline) can go over 100k miles with aftermarket turbo kits and lot's of boost. There have been cases of cars getting boosted with large kits with over 100k miles on them and still making good power reliably. Many of the built ones have lasted for many years. The key to getting the motor to last long is the quality of the tuning and the parts you use.

My common sense is in check, you just took what I posted and made it seem like I was a ricer saying 4-6 cylinders are fastest around. In a nutshell, I just said that there are 4-6 cylinders that can be made fast and in some cases compete with an 8 cylinder. I never said they were the best way to go fast. As a street car, you won't see too many well build 8 cylinder turbos, and because of this 4-6 cylinders can compete.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information