Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Red, Pewter
    03 cobra07 street glide

you don't have to tell them who it was just say i lent it to a friend! go talk to a lawyer he will know what to do!

white
    1999 Trans Am

thats why if i race on the road i take my plates of or i contact the local pd and get them to pull some strings and close a road. it is nice to know cops some times.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by brendan.9 View Post
    you don't have to tell them who it was just say i lent it to a friend! go talk to a lawyer he will know what to do!
    Whatever happened to taking responsibility for your actions and telling the truth? I think the OP did the right thing by admitting to it. If the Police Officer did have proof the OP could have actually been prosecuted for perjury if he tried to lie under oath and state he was not driving.

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    Whatever happened to taking responsibility for your actions and telling the truth? I think the OP did the right thing by admitting to it. If the Police Officer did have proof the OP could have actually been prosecuted for perjury if he tried to lie under oath and state he was not driving.
    I was thinking the same thing. All these suggestions of how to lie and cheat kind of makes me wonder.......guess that's the society we have to look forward to

The original poster got caught, and fessed up. Pay your penalties and move on. I think everyone can learn something from this.............Don't get caught

3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

I know here in NC a good lawyer can bet that because the cop had his lights off. Not sure about law in a commonwealth state.

Ray Charles blue

Took a chance and got caught. Its what happens.

Sort of like hooking up with a girl you just met and doing the deed without being safe. Your own fault if you catch the gift that keeps on giving.....lol In this case though guy just eat the penalty. Oh, and you told the world that it was you here in this thread. Wouldnt be tough for the police (who do monior forums like this), to check your IP addy, let alone you said where you live and that the cop got two of you for street racing only you got your in the mail a week later. I wonder how many times this has happened lately as you stated it, I am betting not many.

If I was you I would pay the fine and just let it be. You WONT beat the system on this especially now that you admitted it.

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    Took a chance and got caught. Its what happens.

Sort of like hooking up with a girl you just met and doing the deed without being safe. Your own fault if you catch the gift that keeps on giving.....lol In this case though guy just eat the penalty. Oh, and you told the world that it was you here in this thread. Wouldnt be tough for the police (who do monior forums like this), to check your IP addy, let alone you said where you live and that the cop got two of you for street racing only you got your in the mail a week later. I wonder how many times this has happened lately as you stated it, I am betting not many.

If I was you I would pay the fine and just let it be. You WONT beat the system on this especially now that you admitted it.

HARSH.....but good point.

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by doozjamann View Post
    HARSH.....but good point.
    Just being honest. I dont want to see this guy get anything worse than what he has coming to him for this infraction. Throw in a lie or two and the outcome could become worse. I dont wan to see him get by the police any more than he has to.

I know here in NC a good lawyer can bet that because the cop had his lights off. Not sure about law in a commonwealth state.
    Interesting point. I've always heard things like that, but never really see anything concrete to support. However when I lived in Ohio, I would always see cops at night with their parking lights on hiding different places.
    But here in Arizona I see cops at night hiding all the time in complete darkness with no lights at all.

Maybe it is different from state to state, or just a coincidence

Hey, we should all start a "Got busted street racing" thread with stories. I know I have a couple, although they are old ones

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Interesting point. I've always heard things like that, but never really see anything concrete to support. However when I lived in Ohio, I would always see cops at night with their parking lights on hiding different places.
    But here in Arizona I see cops at night hiding all the time in complete darkness with no lights at all.

Maybe it is different from state to state, or just a coincidence

Hey, we should all start a "Got busted street racing" thread with stories. I know I have a couple, although they are old ones
    That would definitely be interesting reading

That would definitely be interesting reading
    I'll start a new thread with one of my experiences and see if anyone else bites.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Which section???

Which section???
    I just put it in this same section "Kill Stories" I hope that flies with the moderators, but it should be an interesting subject.

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

The law in NC is if a cop is setup looking for speeders he has to be in a location where you can see him. a friend of mine actually got out of a speeding ticket for that exact reason. Cop followed him for several miles with his lights out, until he got into one of those speed trap areas, then got him. Lawyer got him out of it cause he didn't have his headlights on.

But like TLS said, you did admit to it, so I'm not sure I would try to fight it........not now.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Go to court, with a mail ticket like that and the cop probably didnt have a radar number on you the ticket is easily fightable. Or atleast get it bumped down so you dont lose your liscense.

Just a word of caution; you can follow this advice if you want to but you might find that by pleading not guilty you open yourself up to even steeper sanctions by a judge. It varies amongst states, but the possibility is very likely. I respect you for not bashing the cop and taking responsibility for your own actions. Most judges would too.

BTW - what does RADAR have to do with drag racing?

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by brendan.9 View Post
    you can fight that they can't prove it was you driving! It could have been a friend of yours driving it could have been your dad or anyone else. just because it is registered under your name doesn't mean you were driving it. cops will send you this anyways cause most people don't know to fight it and will just pay the fine and do the hard time. they will basically always do it just to hassle you and give you a point that i can do this to you. i wouldn't worry about it you should get out of it easily talk to a lawyer and he will tell you that you have nothing to worry about and what to do and get out of it so you don't lose any of that and have nothing on your license. i've seen this done lots and they just take it to court and they get it thrown out cause there is no proof. even though you did it there is no proof that the cops has that it was you driving. Unless he has a picture of you driving all he will have is his notes saying that a man was driving a camaro racing another car at a high rate of speed licence plate number XXXXXXX with the color of the car probably and it might say a male driving depends if he seen you or not.
    Oh, a cop will never LOOK at the driver in a situation like this, right? And the registered owner of a vehicle CAN become an issue in a case. If the LEO will testify that he was the driver based on his recollection of the events and the driver refuses to testify, then the only thing the defense can do is try to attack the credibility of the LEO's testimony OR find some sort of alibi. In this particular case, an abili is synonymous with a lie. Funny how telling lies becomes so easy.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

The law in NC is if a cop is setup looking for speeders he has to be in a location where you can see him. a friend of mine actually got out of a speeding ticket for that exact reason. Cop followed him for several miles with his lights out, until he got into one of those speed trap areas, then got him. Lawyer got him out of it cause he didn't have his headlights on.

But like TLS said, you did admit to it, so I'm not sure I would try to fight it........not now.
    Sorry, but that is not correct.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Name the lawyer who can do that. I want to call him and get the case he won.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by jad628 View Post
    Name the lawyer who can do that. I want to call him and get the case he won.
    I just read the statute, it doesnt state anything about lights being on or not hiding. Just that it has to be an identifiable police vehicle(Lights and siren) to effect traffic enforcement.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

I just read the statute, it doesnt state anything about lights being on or not hiding. Just that it has to be an identifiable police vehicle(Lights and siren) to effect traffic enforcement.

Agreed. The only requirement in NC that really applies is that the law requires that an officer has to use emergency equipment in most circumstances where they would otherwise be violating a motor vehicle law (going over the speed limit, red light, etc.) or liability increases significantly if an accident occurs.
    Last edited by jad628; 08-26-2010 at 08:37 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information