Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: stang gt

silver
    2002 ws6

to give you an idea of how deep his mustang attitude is, he's dead certain his brother is scared to race him with his cammed zo6.

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

^^

Red
    2001 ws6

hahahaha, they are nice cars there just not fast haha

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

Yeah i actually thought they looked kinda sharp when they first came out when I was'nt used to seeing them, i dunno about where you guys live but here in MN you cant take a drive without seeing one on every street corner almost, they are about as common as GrandAms thats what kinda ruined them for me besides the fact I dont like ford LoL I love my T/A i rarly if ever see a Red one like mine in my part of town rarely do I ever unless there is a car show in town thats why I love my f-body

Red
    2001 ws6

the only other red trans am ive seen on long island is my cousins red TA but his isnt a ws6

white
    L

Last edited by FastLightning; 04-20-2008 at 12:37 PM.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by FastLightning View Post
    this is a intresting read for me ( being PRO Ford, but looking to get into a SS Camaro ) anyway you guys are knocking Mustangs ( for the most part the new models ) but calling them slow and " not fast " You are aware that they run mid 13s stock and the autos can get in the 12s with VERY minimal mods right?? Not trying to start a argument here, just making sure you guys are aware that they are not as "slow" as some of you might think. Besides im trying to find some times for SS camaros ( with mods ranging from exhaust / intake to heads/ camed versions ) and so far......have NOT been impressed with what I have seen I thought that with full exhaust / gears / and say a coldair kit these LS1 cars would be knocking on 11's but have not found evidence of this yet. My 99 Cobra I sold last summer had those mods and pulled 12.4x's on drag radials. With my tiny 281 cubes I might add But like I said im wanting to get a SS camaro and im doing homework on them now.......

Now as far as the cocky attitude that some stangers may have, I think that goes with ANY brand of performance automobile.....some think they are hot even though they are obviously NOT
    Well, looks like you started one.

- Evan Smith of "Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords" wen't 12.8@108 in a bone-stock SS.

- The fastest "bolt-on" LS1 wen't mid 11's.

- The fastest "cam only" LS1 is in the 10's.

Need I say more...

And your not impressed with the car, yet your looking into buying one...OooKay! (typical insecure mustang buff)

Black
    2001 WS6

nice kill

white
    L

Last edited by FastLightning; 04-20-2008 at 12:38 PM.

10's N/A

Evan could get into a freaking YUGO and make it run 12s what the hell are you talking about Im talking REAL numbers from your average Joe. How many guys on here have run high 12s in bone stock trim?? This is what im getting at, Im not a LS1 expert, I dont know much of anything about them.....this is why I say im doing homework on them now. Im looking for mods=times to see what it would take to run say a flat 12 on DR's. And as of yet have not found a car that has minimal mods and does this on a regular basis, now if there are some here PLEASE point me in their direction so I can check them out.

And as for being a mustang buff, YES I am and always will be. We've owned you bowtie boys ass's for YEARS but im still intrested in owning one nothing wrong with sleeping with the enemy right

Flame suit on
    We've owned you bowtie boys ass's for YEARS? You've got to be kidding me? In which planet are you living on? Are you tuning in from somewhere via very, very far away? If your not on the brink of 10's, your not even in my playing field. And I drive an LT1 And if your a real Ford loyal then why would you even consider buying an F-body? Go look into an '03-04 Cobra, or a fast/cheap fox-body rather? Your funny buddy.

Point you in the right direction...here ya go. Maybe go with something like this (Cam only)...http://www.dragtimes.com/Pontiac-Tra...lip-11947.html

Red
    2001 Trash Can

^^^^ HAHAHAHA!!!!!

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    i fuckin hate the 05+ gt's! it seems with every generation of mustangs their owners get gayer and gayer while their shit is still slow
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

Red
    2001 ws6

ive raced 6 stangs ranging from 99-07, never lost, never even been close to losing, and im stock besides a cold air intake and none of the stangs were stock

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I guess our cars are pretty gay too according the guys driving vipers...

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    I guess our cars are pretty gay too according the guys driving vipers...
    I was just waiting for you to come in and make a pointless comment like that (no pun intended)

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

.... You are aware that they run mid 13s stock and the autos can get in the 12s with VERY minimal mods right?? ...
    Mustangs run mid 13's stock? and autos can get into 12's??? were the hell did you get that at?

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by hurraquio View Post
    Mustangs run mid 13's stock? and autos can get into 12's??? were the hell did you get that at?
    evan smith did it,just kidding but it must have been in a really amazing dream

i dont know 1/4 mile times but these cars are lucky to run low nines in the eighth mile form what ive seen
    most minor bolt on mustangs i see a the track are running 9,s or low 10,s granted maybe they arent the best drivers but we are talking your everday joes here right
    very few of them have come close to an 8 but most ls1's are running mid to high 8's in stock form

silver
    2002 ws6

Evan could get into a freaking YUGO and make it run 12s what the hell are you talking about Im talking REAL numbers from your average Joe. How many guys on here have run high 12s in bone stock trim?? This is what im getting at, Im not a LS1 expert, I dont know much of anything about them.....this is why I say im doing homework on them now. Im looking for mods=times to see what it would take to run say a flat 12 on DR's. And as of yet have not found a car that has minimal mods and does this on a regular basis, now if there are some here PLEASE point me in their direction so I can check them out.

And as for being a mustang buff, YES I am and always will be. We've owned you bowtie boys ass's for YEARS but im still intrested in owning one nothing wrong with sleeping with the enemy right

Flame suit on

ummm no.

white
    L

well I had a enjoyable short stay here on this forum, you guys are anti ford it appears to me I know this is a LS1 website but I figured since SVTP ( a ford site ) welcomes Ls1 owners and just about anybody for that matter I would be ok here......guess not

oh and here are some links for the slow mustangs.......

even the granny drivers at car and driver pulled 13.8s out of it
    http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ce+page-2.html

looks like a 13.5x to me
    http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ecs_price.html

the terminator must have really hurt you guys feelings, so you turn green at the mention of FORD period

bwahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

white
    L

Last edited by FastLightning; 04-20-2008 at 12:38 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information