Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Copenhagen Blau/Black
    88 Porsche 951/07 TBSS

Heading to Texas Performance Concepts to get wiring finished up, ECU flash, gauges matched up, and tuned!!

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Looks awesome,Great thread Ryan!! Good Luck in Texas too!

Copenhagen Blau/Black
    88 Porsche 951/07 TBSS

Thanks a lot! I'll keep you guys posted and hopefully have some video and dyno numbers in the weeks to come!

Copenhagen Blau/Black
    88 Porsche 951/07 TBSS

**Update**

Possible first crank at the end of this week and setting up an appointment for the dyno tuning!

tan
    88 porsche 944 non turbo

Talking

[QUOTE=the951racer;2792323]Looming for a flywheel and clutch setup. Any suggestions??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i was thinking of putting a stag 3+ racing clutch in my 944 just for the clamping force of it. just a suggestion

Types of Driving:
    Street, Drag, Pulling, Autocross

The flagship stage for a high powered street or race car that requires a manageable and friendly engagement, the stage 3+ features a carbon semi-metallic full faced material that offers unparalleled life, friction co-efficient and drivability characteristics in one single package. The hub is double sprung with spring cover relieves for flexibility and heat treated components for strength and durability. Great for street, drag, drift, autocross, road racing, pulling, rallye and drift.

specclutch.com

tan
    88 porsche 944 non turbo

if you could send me the links from the sites you got the parts from, that would be wsome.. im highly considering this swap for my 944. but quick question.. is there still enough room for a turbo charger? i , personally, want some more " wooooo" out of the car if you know what i mean

Copenhagen Blau/Black
    88 Porsche 951/07 TBSS

Website is TexasPerformanceConcepts.com. That was for the main swap kit including motor mounts. I know guys run supercharger a with this setup but, quite honestly....with a "built" LSx in these cars there is really no need for forced induction. Lot of unusable power at that point. Lol. But, I know what you mean. I'll have to report after I get my dyno results and test drives in. Nearing completion.

Black
    1987 Porsche 924s

I'm just about to start a 4.8 LY2 conversion on my custom Widebody 924s, the car has all 944 turbo parts on it and recently broke a timing belt... I am going to fab up a custom Turbo system on it after we get it running and would LOVE an emblem. I'm ready to buy as soon as they are available! Can't wait to hear how your car runs with the newfound power!

Copenhagen Blau/Black
    88 Porsche 951/07 TBSS

Awesome man! Good luck with the build and you need to start a thread for sure.

Copenhagen Blau/Black
    88 Porsche 951/07 TBSS

LS1 Porsche Build

ANDDDD....for the moment you all have been waiting for (I know I have)....the first start up!!!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ckj7hu5gml...217_111208.mp4
    Last edited by the951racer; 12-19-2013 at 07:51 AM.

Copenhagen Blau/Black
    88 Porsche 951/07 TBSS

More video to come....ran into a minor oil leak from crank seal at the timing chain cover. Gonna replace that Saturday. Then a real test drive video will follow!

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Copenhagen Blau/Black
    88 Porsche 951/07 TBSS

Thanks a bunch! Videos just don't do this thing justice. Need a video with true sound quality

White
    1984 944

Quote Originally Posted by the951racer View Post
    Thanks a bunch! Videos just don't do this thing justice. Need a video with true sound quality
    Hey man! I am new here on the site but I have been following your build for awhile. I have a 1984 944 I have sitting outside right now that has a ton of wiring issues with it and I have been thinking of swapping it out. My question is what level of the kit did you get and what do you need to do to use the factory gauges In the dash?

Copenhagen Blau/Black
    88 Porsche 951/07 TBSS

Quote Originally Posted by Halfkiddio View Post
    Hey man! I am new here on the site but I have been following your build for awhile. I have a 1984 944 I have sitting outside right now that has a ton of wiring issues with it and I have been thinking of swapping it out. My question is what level of the kit did you get and what do you need to do to use the factory gauges In the dash?
    I hear ya on the wiring issues they are known for getting that way. Anyway, I bought the basic kit from Texas Performance Concepts and ordered a set of their custom long tubes and had them ceramic coated. If your gonna do a swap I suggest you try to find an engine with the factory harness and ECU. If it doesn't come with the harness there are plug and play harnesses available for around $500. You can use your factory gauges by wiring to the required pinouts. The ECU needs to be flashed however to use it with the Porsche tach and to erase or resolve check engine lights etc. Hope this helped.

White
    1984 944

Quote Originally Posted by the951racer View Post
    I hear ya on the wiring issues they are known for getting that way. Anyway, I bought the basic kit from Texas Performance Concepts and ordered a set of their custom long tubes and had them ceramic coated. If your gonna do a swap I suggest you try to find an engine with the factory harness and ECU. If it doesn't come with the harness there are plug and play harnesses available for around $500. You can use your factory gauges by wiring to the required pinouts. The ECU needs to be flashed however to use it with the Porsche tach and to erase or resolve check engine lights etc. Hope this helped.
    Yes it did! Who did you get to flash the Ecu for you? And I am looking around for an engine right now that has the harness and Ecu. I just hate how expensive the LS series have gotten. I might go with a 5.3l to save money since I will be upgrading the brakes, transmission and suspension.

Copenhagen Blau/Black
    88 Porsche 951/07 TBSS

Geoff at EPS (Engine Power Systems) in Baton Rouge. He wrote the baseline tune that's on it now until I work all the bugs out and then I'll be heading to him for a full dyno tune.

Copenhagen Blau/Black
    88 Porsche 951/07 TBSS

Also, if you plan on running aftermarket gauges (oil pressure, water temp, etc) like I am then an extra sensor is required to make you factory gauges still function. Texas Performance completed my wiring for me as I don't have the patience for it. Go to 944hybrids.com. It's a forum created by Eric @Texas Performance and it's a wealth of knowledge for any 944 V8 swap.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Ryan...that sounds awesome ! Wont it be funny when some ricer or muscle pulls up next to you expecting the stock sound the hears that baby rumblin.......Great job and thread, cant wait to see/hear more!

Copenhagen Blau/Black
    88 Porsche 951/07 TBSS

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSSguy View Post
    Ryan...that sounds awesome ! Wont it be funny when some ricer or muscle pulls up next to you expecting the stock sound the hears that baby rumblin.......Great job and thread, cant wait to see/hear more!
    Thanks! Yea I can't wait to see the looks on guys faces when I roll up at the first Porsche cruise in my area. "Oh, you spent $150,000 on that one?" I'm sorry. Lol

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread Information