Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    It has a big wing!

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY JERZY View Post
    mine found me. I was working at a dealer. it came in with 19,500 on the clock one owner. one week later I traded a 2 year old hyundai in that was paid for and took on the payments for 5 years 390 a month and 760 a month in insurance

NBM
    2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY JERZY View Post
    mine found me. I was working at a dealer. it came in with 19,500 on the clock one owner. one week later I traded a 2 year old hyundai in that was paid for and took on the payments for 5 years 390 a month and 760 a month in insurance
    how many points do you have!!??? GEEEEZE!!!!!!!!

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

buddy in hs had one, and i need a ride somewhere and sure enough hopping onto a fourlane he got on it and it got sideways, and i was hooked from there...

so local dealership got in a v6, im thinkin sure its not a v-8 but i can deal with that, cuz it still looks BA, but dad talked me out of it

same dealership got in a 02 trans am, black on black, and i was gonna buy it, decided right then.... and mom put the foot down....

so finally junior year, completely randomly on my way home from a wrestling tournament, pry midnight or so, decided to take a quick zip through this other lot, and as i turn in, theres a 00ws6 angle parked so it is just staring at you as you pulled in.... went home and woke them up in the middle of the night to tell them i found my car... they were like stfu and go to bed lol.... well after running rates, loans, and such, and my parents dragging their feet, friday morning when i left, i told them I was buying the car after school you can be there if youd like, so after school i zipped on over there and the parents had already done the paperwork and as i stepped out of the GTO at the moment, dad threw me the keys and said "Bet it aint as fast as the Goat..."

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

I bought mine because, like I've said many times, some cars look like they could kick your ass. A WS6 Trans Am not only looks like it will, it does, then you can steal the losers girlfriend/wife!

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

wish mommy and daddy bought me a trans am...

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    wish mommy and daddy bought me a trans am...
    Car is in my name, and i make the payments... i would think that means i bought it?

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    Car is in my name, and i make the payments... i would think that means i bought it?
    Indeed. Parental credit ratings got you the loan, you pay the bill, nothing wrong with that...

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    Indeed. Parental credit ratings got you the loan, you pay the bill, nothing wrong with that...
    yup, had to have a cosigner

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by bobodog View Post
    how many points do you have!!??? GEEEEZE!!!!!!!!
    I had 8 points, I was 20, and the dick at the insurance company did a switcheroo he quoted me on the cost of a v6 then charged for the v8

he had all vin info before hand

White
    1999 Firehawk

Smile

I think what really set me on owning a Trans Am was when one of my good friends had an 87 TA. I enjoyed the way it took off and cornered. I was amazed about how fast it was. I decided then I would try and find one.

After a few years driving my POS sable I finally found a white V6 1997 firebird. It was in great condition. I drove it for 3 years and the whole time I thought to my self I should have gotten a V8. After the loan was paid off I couldn't stand it any more. I had to upgrade. Here in Fort Smith TA's are very hard to come by. You might see a total of 7 in the whole city of 84,000+. People are mustang freaks here.. /sigh. Any way I found a 2001 Red V6 with a body kit from the factory. I really enjoyed it because it was newier and ran a ton better than the white one.

After 2 years of driving it I was visiting a friend in Tulsa, OK. Driving north out of the corner of my eye I see a bunch of TA's / Camaro's for sale. I don't remember the place or what city it was in. I just had to stop by. They had 2 Silver TA's. One was lowered. One was stock. They had a nice LOW!!!! mile Camaro but was selling it for almost 30k. And there she was. A White Firehawk just begging for a test drive. As I was making a U turn to head back to the place I decided to give it a tiny bit of gas. Lets just say I fell in love right then. My hands where shaking and my heart was beating fast.

I went home that weekend and debating and talked to the bank. After gathering $1,500 bucks for a down payment I was on my way to Tulsa to get it.

Since then I have had to do a lot of work on it and it still needs more. In a way I should have bought a lower millage one but I'm proud to own her.

sorry for my

red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

When I was first searching for a car when I was 15 my mom obviously wanted me to get a 4cyl but my dad wouldn't have it. I had about 1500 bucks saved and he paid 500 bucks for me to get a black 1986 trans am.... Right around the same time he bought himself a 1998 Red Trans Am (my trans am now) Later my parents fell on tough financial times and had no choice but to borrow a substantial amount of money from me, about 6k from savings and my graduation party. With no way to pay me back we ended up working out an agreement to give me the red trans am for what he owed me and I would have to assume the payments for the car and insurance which was about 180 for the payment and 200 for insurance which was pretty cheap since his name was on the title and to insure me on a car like that at 18 was unbelievable since the car had to stay on full coverage since we still owed about 4k on the car.

I was pretty desperate and with no real way of getting my cash back soon and my impatience with driving me old 86 trans am. I reluctantly agreed to a fair deal but nothing too special.

What i love most about my car is the looks i get when i am driving down the road. Some glare when they see a teenager driving a nice car then them but mostly thumbs up and obviously all the girls love a sports car =)

The power of the car is another thing, iv had the car at 159+ but the speedo stopped. I roasted through 2 brand new 255s on the back the first summer i got the car at all three of the big michigan cruises and the races as well. Since owning the car I have only lost to 2 supercharged cobras by just a hair and 1 supercharged IrocZ but that shocked me because of how fast that car was. That is only 3 races in 2 years I have lost out of 30+ races

I have alot of friends with hondas that are turboed and what not but even if they ever got the courage to race me and won.. I would still be proud to pull up in my car while they were ashamed of theirs. Plus no one likes a honda lol
    Last edited by smkn gts; 04-13-2010 at 10:01 AM.

It has a big wing!

Quote Originally Posted by flipsutter View Post

Since then I have had to do a lot of work on it and it still needs more. In a way I should have bought a lower millage one but I'm proud to own her.

sorry for my
    Hey if you don't mind me asking,how many miles were on her? Mine has 110X miles and yes I can see some some maintenance stuff coming around the corner (shocks,wipers,routine stuff...) but,nothing odd.

My chickenhawk is DRIVEN! Never raced but definately ejoyed and she gets to "stretch her wings out..."

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

I had gotten a settlement chick from a wreck. had 20k to play with, i always wanted a 2002 camaro ss. My whole family owns or has owned a camaro straight chevy fam!!! anyways i was online one day lookin for a camaro. Couldnt find one that was worth buying. was about to get off then i seen an ad said 23k 15999 obo so i clicked it n there she was a 2001 artic trans am m6 23k, that song by mims was on this is why im hot.

So my next move was to grab my girlfriend at the time went straight to the dealership. i got to talk them down to 14500. at the time i wasnt to great at driving a manual. I must say this was my first muscle car getting on the freeway was a matter of a lil gas best buy in my life!!!!

It has a big wing!

Quote Originally Posted by whiteLS1TA View Post
    I had gotten a settlement chick from a wreck. had 20k to play with, i always wanted a 2002 camaro ss. My whole family owns or has owned a camaro straight chevy fam!!! anyways i was online one day lookin for a camaro. Couldnt find one that was worth buying. was about to get off then i seen an ad said 23k 15999 obo so i clicked it n there she was a 2001 artic trans am m6 23k, that song by mims was on this is why im hot.

So my next move was to grab my girlfriend at the time went straight to the dealership. i got to talk them down to 14500. at the time i wasnt to great at driving a manual. I must say this was my first muscle car getting on the freeway was a matter of a lil gas best buy in my life!!!!
    I'm sure the family wasn't overly let down by your decision...
    1999 Firehawk Trans Am #530

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by whiteLS1TA View Post
    I had gotten a settlement chick from a wreck.
    Not to poke too much fun at a typo... but I wanna know what insurance provider you use, so I can get a settlement chick too!

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    Not to poke too much fun at a typo... but I wanna know what insurance provider you use, so I can get a settlement chick too!
    lol i stand corrected a settlement CHICK would of been nice too lol

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Ah yes, the settlement chick indeed. Just hope she doesn't grow up to be a turkey lol.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information