Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    The best six speed transmission in the world can't fix ugly or fat.

And the GTR is both very ugly and very fat, at a portly 4,000lbs and with a face only the japanese could love. Real race bred cars like Porsche 911, Dodge Viper, and Corvette are hundreds of pounds less, and for obvious reasons.

The GTR is a Grand Touring car, nothing more.
    That's you're a opinion. Have you seen one up close. They are quite good looking cars, not too flashy, and not to exotic, kind of a nice blend. I think the face of a GTR is better than the "catfish" face of a Camaro, but that's my opinion. The GTR has a 3800lb curb weight fully loaded, but is able to get most of it's power down due to all it's playstation gadgets. Personally, I think the GTR looks good, but I would have fun driving one (I hate nanny shifters). I'd pick one of the 3 you mentioned.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    That's you're a opinion. Have you seen one up close. They are quite good looking cars, not too flashy, and not to exotic, kind of a nice blend. I think the face of a GTR is better than the "catfish" face of a Camaro, but that's my opinion. The GTR has a 3800lb curb weight fully loaded, but is able to get most of it's power down due to all it's playstation gadgets. Personally, I think the GTR looks good, but I would have fun driving one (I hate nanny shifters). I'd pick one of the 3 you mentioned.
    Yes, I've seen one at Blaise Alexander Nissan, ugly as sin IMO. C&D and MT say the same thing, I think its universally known by now that the car is just plain ugly and disproportionate.

Yes, I've seen one at Blaise Alexander Nissan, ugly as sin IMO. C&D and MT say the same thing, I think its universally known by now that the car is just plain ugly and disproportionate.
    To each there own... there are much worse looking cars.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

IMO on the whole GTR vs Vette bullshit scenario is this, if you have enough money to buy a car thats 80,000 (GTR) then it would be nothing to spend another 20k and get the ZR1 vette. It just comes down to personal preference.

Red
    2002 Z06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    Did you say the camaro weighs 3800? Not even close unless you're referring to the 2010.
    No I was reffering to my WS6 with me in it.

WS6 @ approx. 3,600 lbs./350HP = 10.29 lbs. per HP
    SRT8 @ approx. 4,200 lbs./425HP = 9.88 lbs. per HP

The SRT8 Challenger actually has a marginal power to weight ratio and that is my only point.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    To each there own... there are much worse looking cars.
    Like...?

Red
    2002 Z06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    IMO on the whole GTR vs Vette bullshit scenario is this, if you have enough money to buy a car thats 80,000 (GTR) then it would be nothing to spend another 20k and get the ZR1 vette. It just comes down to personal preference.
    Actually it is another 40K for the ZR1 but I totally agree with your statement. I missed out on an '06 Z06 with CAI and Longtubes with 6k miles on it for $45,100. I actually had the winning bid at $45k and there had been no activity so I was working on getting the money. When I went back to arrange for payments it said you were outbid at the last minite. $45,100 so I called the guy in Florida because the winner had minimal bid history. Dude said he had already received deposit. I was sick. My intention is to build a ZR1 killer for far less than $100,000. I don't track my car and I probably won't see too many on the road that are willing to roll.

Red
    2002 Z06 Corvette

Like...?
    The Dodge Caliber, The new WRX, and that 2 series Mercedes with that horrendous looking view when looking at the rear of the car.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKNIGHT03Z06 View Post
    The Dodge Caliber, The new WRX, and that 2 series Mercedes with that horrendous looking view when looking at the rear of the car.
    I'd say its too close to call, personally. They are all ugly, although I don't know which Mercedes you are talking about (2 series??)so I can't comment on that one.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Like...?
    The new camaro, the 98-02 camaro's talk about plain and boring,pontiac aztek just a few off the top of my head. I think the GTR actually looks pretty decent. Saw one a couple times and thought it was pretty good looking. I am not a personal fan of the GTR mostly because it is an auto, other than that I would have no problem driving one.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    The new camaro, the 98-02 camaro's talk about plain and boring,pontiac aztek just a few off the top of my head. I think the GTR actually looks pretty decent. Saw one a couple times and thought it was pretty good looking. I am not a personal fan of the GTR mostly because it is an auto, other than that I would have no problem driving one.
    You honestly think the new Camaro is ugly?? You are smoking something if you think the pig ass ugly GTR is anything close to a 98-02 Camaro or the '09 Camaro, both make the GTR look like a transformer robot gone horribly wrong.

Red
    2002 Z06 Corvette

You honestly think the new Camaro is ugly?? You are smoking something if you think the pig ass ugly GTR is anything close to a 98-02 Camaro or the '09 Camaro, both make the GTR look like a transformer robot gone horribly wrong.
    That ain't kevlar he's been smoking if he thinks the new Camaro is ugly. Maybe a Camaro torched him in his C6 while his significant other was in the car. Of coarse after he got toasted he told his girl " That idiot in the Camaro really thought I was racing"

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Did I stutter or make a joke? Nope. All I see you ever do is bash everything that is different. Did I ever say it was anything close to GTR? Nope because it is much better. They are not even in the same class of car. If you think for one second a 98-02 camaro is even close to a GTR or hell even the new Camaro you are living in the past and under a rock.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Did I stutter or make a joke? Nope. All I see you ever do is bash everything that is different. Did I ever say it was anything close to GTR? Nope because it is much better. They are not even in the same class of car. If you think for one second a 98-02 camaro is even close to a GTR or hell even the new Camaro you are living in the past and under a rock.
    Bash everything that is different?? Nope. Bash highly overrated, ugly, grossly overpriced cars that ignorant people such as yourself think are the next best thing?? Hell yea.

98-02 Camaro > GTR.

Not only does the Camaro look 100 times better and sound 100 times better, but it will also outlast the GTR, which is built like shit and is already having all kinds of electrical and powertrain issues. If I bought a GTR and the transmission blew up, which they are all doing - and it is NOT covered under warranty - and it cost me $20,000 to fix out of my pocket, that GTR would be going through the front windows of Nissan's headquarters.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

That ain't kevlar he's been smoking if he thinks the new Camaro is ugly. Maybe a Camaro torched him in his C6 while his significant other was in the car. Of coarse after he got toasted he told his girl " That idiot in the Camaro really thought I was racing"

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Bash everything that is different??* Nope.* Bash highly overrated, ugly, grossly overpriced cars that ignorant people such as yourself think are the next best thing??* Hell yea.98-02 Camaro > GTR.Not only does the Camaro look 100 times better and sound 100 times better, but it will also outlast the GTR, which is built like shit and is already having all kinds of electrical and powertrain issues.* If I bought a GTR and the transmission blew up, which they are all doing - and it is NOT covered under warranty - and it cost me $20,000 to fix out of my pocket, that GTR would be going through the front windows of Nissan's headquarters.
    I completely agree with the transmission issue, that is what I have been stating all along.*

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

My vette is completely stock and isn't really abused ever.* That is why I still have my T/A which is a track only car.* So before running your mouth might want to rethink.

Red
    2002 Z06 Corvette

My vette is completely stock and isn't really abused ever.* That is why I still have my T/A which is a track only car.* So before running your mouth might want to rethink.
    Why re-think it. I know I can smoke your TA while it's being piggy backed by porky truck to the track for all that abuse. Please define for me what abusing a C6 is. Maybe you do deserve a GT-R
    Last edited by BLACKNIGHT03Z06; 01-06-2009 at 12:03 PM.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

The camaro > the GTR? What exactly are the drugs you do Wes?

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Why re-think it. I know I can smoke your TA while it's being piggy backed by porky truck to the track for all that abuse. Please define for me what abusing a C6 is. Maybe you do deserve a GT-R
    Unless your vette is running sub 9's, I highly doubt your going to beat my T/A. By abusing my C6 I meant constantly launching and beating the living crap out of it. I know it is meant for that somewhat, but I bought it for a nice weekend car that me and my wife can enjoy. To each is own, but I enjoy what I have. I never said I would take a GTR over any of my cars, just that it was a good car minus the transmission.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information