Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    And I'm officially too old and fat for go karts. My shoulders are sore as hell today and just getting in them was like putting 10 pounds of potatoes in a 5 pound bag. I guess my first hint should've been when my 5 year old is driving the same size kart I have.
    That's how I feel going to amusement parks anymore. If the ride has shoulder restraints, I'm guaranteed 3 minutes of taking half-breaths, shoulder pain and probably a headache. I'm not huge, 6'1", 270 with a 40" waist, but damn, that shit ain't easy anymore.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Tim it's time for this...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I enjoyed the hell outta watching Zach tear up the field. There was a guy about my age that was trying to get me back out on the course after a couple races. I was kinda over it at that point and told him Zach would pass him for me. Zach started about 6-7 karts behind him. Took Zach about 3 laps to get by him then he spun Zach out. They got the white flag and Zach was back on his ass again. Last turn Zach put the move on him and got around him. Guy was impressed. It was a good time. Those karts did 25-30 mph. Next year Zach will be 16 and will be able to get in the 40 mph karts. He's already looking forward to it....and so am I haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Washed the Firebird for the first time since the Carlisle show nearly a month ago. Honestly have not driven it since I got home. Really really slacking this year on driving the car, no real reason why either.

Then I spent about an hour or better cleaning the windows in the garage. First time in almost 7 years. I've not cleaned them since I built it, and that's after two summers battling cluster flies a few years back.

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I enjoyed the hell outta watching Zach tear up the field. There was a guy about my age that was trying to get me back out on the course after a couple races. I was kinda over it at that point and told him Zach would pass him for me. Zach started about 6-7 karts behind him. Took Zach about 3 laps to get by him then he spun Zach out. They got the white flag and Zach was back on his ass again. Last turn Zach put the move on him and got around him. Guy was impressed. It was a good time. Those karts did 25-30 mph. Next year Zach will be 16 and will be able to get in the 40 mph karts. He's already looking forward to it....and so am I haha
    That's cool man, kids don't forget good times with there folks, next year he'll be up on the podium chugging down the buttermilk in victory lane

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

My brother blew a front wheel cylinder on his M151 A2 and ordered NOS replacements. Bolted the new cylinder on, bled the system, and after a couple of pumps we had another puddle of brake fluid on the floor. I let him know that he should never order NOS parts with rubber seals as they are likely dried out and bad from setting on the shelves for years.

Of course, none of the local parts emporiums have listings for military vehicles and hoping to save some time I took the old cylinder down to NAPA, gave them what I believed it crossed to and they promised to check it out and have them by the next morning. After I left, the F-tard punched the numbers in, picked the first thing that popped up and that is what he gave me the next morning. Right size piston, right bolt pattern, but made for a bubble flare so he tried to sell me an adapter.

I came home, looked it up myself, found the correct match and went back down the next morning to have him order those. He gave me some shit, so I simply told him that if I am wrong I will not bring them back and try to exchange them. He was a bit pissy again when I picked them up this morning and paid the difference. Looked the new cylinders over and they do appear to be correct. Next time he pulls that shit with me he is going to get lit up... I know the owner so it's not going to come back on me. Yes, I am irritated as we lost 2 days dicking with this.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

You should get a slimey lawyer and sue him.....oh wait....nevermind.

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Parts boys know best.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

So our parts guy at work used to manage a near by napa. Always talks about his days of having and fixing his dirt cars in his past. He replaced the water pump on his 04 Silveraydo. Had it towed in because it was leaking out the back fast as he could put coolant in. So I put it in the air to see where it was leaking. See its ultimately coming from the water pump area like I asked Dumbass never checked to make sure the passenger side gasket was in. Found it laying under thr pump. I'm thinking of wrapping it up and giving it to him for Christmas

Navy Blue Metallic

*** July TRAIN ***

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Nothin' like a little "Joy of Painting" on a Sunday morning.

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Once Sundays over i will begin my work week with rain in the forecast everyday. at least my lawns loving it.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Yeah...our 2nd week of vacation looks to be wet pretty much every day. We have a couple indoor things planned but other than that the kids are gonna just have to get wet or be bored.

Navy Blue Metallic

Down here the weather is bi-polar. It's either hot as Satan's ball sack (hot, very hot and high humidity) or Hot as Texas Summer (Above 95* no humidity and straight hot as hell).

Usually this time of year we get afternoon showers and it knocks the heat and humidity down. Not this yr.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

We get a reprieve from the heat a bit this week. Highs in the lower 90's, compared to Friday's 113, with some showers coming this weekend.
    The humidity is still here to inflate that heat index, but not near as bad as the last couple late July's we've had.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I had debated hooking camper up and hearing back to PA for the rest of the week. Looked forecast up there and it's basically the same as here.....rain rain and more rain. Just stick it out here I guess.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Rain... I forget what it feels like already I know what dry hot ass heat feels like though.

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Ordered up some new struts for the truck. Noticed one leaking over the weekend. Hopefully the Bilsteins work well. The EBC brakes seem to be bedding in real nice.

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

I never would have believed that $125 brake pads would be worth it. EBC Yellows on the Firebird are night and day compared to parts store shit.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Valves are all adjusted and the covers are sandblasted, painted and back in place. Both intake and exhaust valves were all on the tight side so we'll see if there is any difference in how the engine sounds. If all goes well, I should be able to re-fire it sometime this evening to move it over into the lift bay for the work on the cooling system.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information