Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: stang gt

white
    L

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    On another note......What mods do you have done to your lightning?
    are you really intrested?? Im not looking to get into a gay e-fight, Ive gone back and taken off my post and im going to do the same in this thread. Im not a trouble maker, and I didnt intend to do that here......like I said Ive now seen this is not a place I would fit in at.

sorry for getting any of your underwear in a wadd

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by FastLightning View Post
    are you really intrested?? Im not looking to get into a gay e-fight, Ive gone back and taken off my post and im going to do the same in this thread. Im not a trouble maker, and I didnt intend to do that here......like I said Ive now seen this is not a place I would fit in at.

sorry for getting any of your underwear in a wadd
    No, seriously dude...all B.S aside, what mods do you have?

white
    L

stg 4 ported eaton
    longtubes
    catted midpipe
    bassani catback
    stg 8 header bolts
    2400 sct mm
    SBTB ( throttle body )
    chick stg 3 CAI
    C&L upper
    NGK TRs
    180* stat
    6lb lower
    Eibach 2/4 drop
    CE safety loop
    Blisten rear shocks
    FTVB ( valve body )
    C&L elbow
    Xcal2
    305 18 Nitto DR's

street tune 445/525
    race tune 465/548

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Camaro SS

nice! I personally have beaten a new mustang by a half to a car from a dead stop and my friends 98 mustang by several bus lengths..., with the stang getting the jump on me *didnt expect a race there*, I was impressed that I was actually side to side with one, but I was like omg I just started to pull on it slowly. The new mustangs are decent, I just never really liked the fact that they are so common it just doesnt appeal to my eyes, now Id love me a an older Shelby GT500 like the one from gone in 60 seconds. The other day I went up to a 01+ gt and gave it some gas by it and then did a burn out at a light and he gave me a thumbs up though he wouldnt show me what he got...lol

My only mods are

Lid
    K&N filter
    Smooth Bellows
    TB bypass
    Strut Bar
    17x9.5 wheels with 275's on em
    Ram Air mod
    ect...

the new mustang had exhaust too.

I just bought new E3 Spark Plugs and MSD wires, and Im about to get a custom 3 inch cat back with a custom 40 series flowmaster muffler with no restriction
    Last edited by Demon_Z28; 04-20-2008 at 12:57 PM.

10's N/A

stg 4 ported eaton
    longtubes
    catted midpipe
    bassani catback
    stg 8 header bolts
    2400 sct mm
    SBTB ( throttle body )
    chick stg 3 CAI
    C&L upper
    NGK TRs
    180* stat
    6lb lower
    Eibach 2/4 drop
    CE safety loop
    Blisten rear shocks
    FTVB ( valve body )
    C&L elbow
    Xcal2
    305 18 Nitto DR's

street tune 445/525
    race tune 465/548
    Very nice. We have the same tires; at least we have the much in common LOL. I respect lightnings dearly and had the chance to drive a '99 back in '01. They were the fastest thing Ford had to offer in their first year of production, amazingly!

white
    L

Very nice. We have the same tires; at least we have the much in common LOL. I respect lightnings dearly and had the chance to drive a '99 back in '01. They were the fastest thing Ford had to offer in their first year of production, amazingly!
    thank you, yep they are pretty damn awesome. They can put a shock on many unsuspecting foes at red lights, its amazing how many guys dont know a damn thing about them and just assume that is a fancy looking truck with loud exhaust. Little do they know that with just a PULLEY and tune 12s are yours all day long as is almost 400rwhp granted they have the aerodynamics of a brick.....but hey once they get moving its hard to stop them. As far as the L goes......im just like you guys here, I LOVE putting cocky mustang owners in their place as well as imports or skittles.

10's N/A

thank you, yep they are pretty damn awesome. They can put a shock on many unsuspecting foes at red lights, its amazing how many guys dont know a damn thing about them and just assume that is a fancy looking truck with loud exhaust. Little do they know that with just a PULLEY and tune 12s are yours all day long as is almost 400rwhp granted they have the aerodynamics of a brick.....but hey once they get moving its hard to stop them. As far as the L goes......im just like you guys here, I LOVE putting cocky mustang owners in their place as well as imports or skittles.
    Guys don't expect much because they can look like an ordinary truck. They are true sleepers. I've ran across them on occassion where I didn't even notice right away that it was a Lightning, until I really looked. Ford did a good job on putting a wolf in sheeps clothing!

Red
    2001 ws6

this thread didnt get jacked or anything ........

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    well, the termi's hp/dollar are #1, the ls1 is #2......
    still waiting to see this breakdown man
    i dont quite get it
    didnt the 2002 camaro sell for a little over 20,000 with 300 rwhp
    and the termis a year later sold for almost 40,000 with 360 at the wheels so the other 15-20 grand is well worth 50-60 horsepower aint it
    not to mention that that extra power really didnt account for much with the i.r.s. and the extra weight
    but you know im always willing to spend 15 grand for 50 horses that dont mean shit,how about you guys

Red
    2001 ws6

wtf are u talking about, dont be ignorant, 2002 camaro wasnt 20k it was 33k.......

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

dont get all upset man,i was asking the question,i thought the camaro was around 25,000 new and the trans am was 33,000
    if i was wrong sorry but if you read that correctly that was phrased as a question,and then i did go onto mouthing off which i probably should have waited on
    either way the termi is a lot more for not much more
    i just want to see the exact dollar per horsepower numbers that you were speaking of

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    wtf are u talking about, dont be ignorant, 2002 camaro wasnt 20k it was 33k.......
    33k...for the ram-air models. You could of gotten a decently equipped Z28 for around $25k.

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

Ls1 sucks get over it
    ford lightning man another super common ford body style i'd rather have a dodge SRT 10 now thats a real truck not a dressed up ford super common f-150 short box ford truck =

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

33k...for the ram-air models. You could of gotten a decently equipped Z28 for around $25k.
    that is exactly what i thought but i like how people try to twist shit around
    nobody said you had to compare the ram air ws6 with all the whistles
    when a cloth interiored z28 would have been a lot cheaper ,and guess what still has all the power baby

so basballny
    that would make the z28 at less than $90 per horse which is high ,for $25000 it would have actually been about $84 per horse
    and pricing the cobra at 38,000 with 360 horses that is roughly a $106 per horse

i was basing this off of 300 horses for the camaro at 25,000 which several are putting down a little more than that
    wtf are you talking about,ignorant ass

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

even if you price the camaro at 30,000 it is still just a $100 per horse
    now i love chevy but for $3,000 and the mean ass look of the ws6 i would have bought a pontiac man, which is exactly why i know that people were getting basic z-28 models for quite a bit cheaper than 30 grand

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    when a cloth interiored z28 would have been a lot cheaper ,and guess what still has all the power baby

so basballny
    that would make the z28 at less than $90 per horse which is high ,for $25000 it would have actually been about $84 per horse
    and pricing the cobra at 38,000 with 360 horses that is roughly a $106 per horse

i was basing this off of 300 horses for the camaro at 25,000 which several are putting down a little more than that
    the cobra was not 38000, try again.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by 1 RedHot TransAm View Post
    ford lightning man another super common ford body style i'd rather have a dodge SRT 10 now thats a real truck not a dressed up ford super common f-150 short box ford truck =
    neither one is practicle for a truck, all that power doesn't amount to shit in mud or snow. if you want a real truck that can do just about anything you would want to do with a truck go get a 3/4 ton duramax diesel.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    the cobra was not 38000, try again.
    bullshit it was to even higher for the mystichrome

what did you pay trick

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

This entire thread sucks. But anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    ....on a side note i saw on the bottom of the door it said aggresseive edition (i think). it's yellow with black racing stripes and has hood decals that say 4.6L dohc. is that some kind of paint scheme kind of like the old gto judge? or is it actually a performance package?
    sorry to high jack the thread.
    There is no such thing as a 4.6 DOHC in a 2005+ Mustang.

And dipisson....a 2003/2004 Cobra stickered for ~$34k, not 38-40. I bought an 04 brand new for just over $30k out the door.

For reference, my 99 T/A (5 years older) sticked for almost $28k (non-WS6 car).

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post

so basballny

Dipisson....a 2008 Kia Rio has 110 HP and costs ~$10,500. Given that this is 2008 dollars, that price would be ~$9,000 in 2002 (the last year of the LS1 F-body). That means that every Kia Rio HP will cost you ~$82 (in 2002 dollars), making it a better value than either the LS1 or Terminator in HP/Dollar terms. Simply put - the Kia Rio rules and your LS1 drools.

There's a point in there somewhere, though I thinking you'll miss it.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information