Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I'm not sure how we've went down the road a couple of times now over odds of needing to shoot someone but that's not on point with the original topic. I think you guys keep leading me that way to cover up your BS arguments that you need 15 shots "because you're expecting a whole herd of criminals or zombies to rush you any day now". I'm not disputing the right to carry because I believe in that. Hell....I'm not even disputing the right to have a 15 or 20 or 50 shot clip. What I'm saying is there is no way you can make a valid argument that as an average american citizen you need one. "Because you never know" is not a valid argument because you also never know if a tank might come in handy some day but the average american doesn't need one of those either.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I'm not sure how we've went down the road a couple of times now over odds of needing to shoot someone but that's not on point with the original topic. I think you guys keep leading me that way to cover up your BS arguments that you need 15 shots "because you're expecting a whole herd of criminals or zombies to rush you any day now". I'm not disputing the right to carry because I believe in that. Hell....I'm not even disputing the right to have a 15 or 20 or 50 shot clip. What I'm saying is there is no way you can make a valid argument that as an average american citizen you need one. "Because you never know" is not a valid argument because you also never know if a tank might come in handy some day but the average american doesn't need one of those either.
    You are the one who keeps making the argument that 99.9% of people will never need to fire even 1 bullet. You brought up you "math and probability" calculator lol. So I believe you are the one who continues to lead the down that path.

As I said before it is the bill of rights not the bill of needs. It is not my job or any US Citizens job to prove why they need a 15+ round mag as owning firearms is a right given at birth. Will I ever come across a situation where I need more than 10 or 15 rounds... probably not but that doesn't mean it is impossible. And that is what you don't get or seem to acknowledge. As I said before I have no problem with anyone not owning 15+ rounds magazines..... all I ask is that you do not hinder my ability to own them.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    As I said before it is the bill of rights not the bill of needs. It is not my job or any US Citizens job to prove why they need a 15+ round mag as owning firearms is a right given at birth. Will I ever come across a situation where I need more than 10 or 15 rounds... probably not but that doesn't mean it is impossible. And that is what you don't get or seem to acknowledge. As I said before I have no problem with anyone not owning 15+ rounds magazines..... all I ask is that you do not hinder my ability to own them.
    Best response to this discussion....

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    wait just a minute and I'll post links to all the millions of other households that didn't have a break in I don't take to heart anything I read from any of the agenda driven web sites whether it's right or left. Sure if you search around the web you can find stories on pretty much anything. That knife cuts both ways because then the left can post link after link to how banning shit lowers violent crime. I just don't buy any of it from any of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

98 Formula
    06 duramax

You are the one who keeps making the argument that 99.9% of people will never need to fire even 1 bullet. You brought up you "math and probability" calculator lol. So I believe you are the one who continues to lead the down that path.

like I said before....I don't think there should be a law that says you can't have them. At the same time there's no way you can justify owning them. That's all I'm saying.

Arctic White, red/gray

like I said before....I don't think there should be a law that says you can't have them. At the same time there's no way you can justify owning them. That's all I'm saying.
    Maybe in your eyes I can't and that is fine if you want to feel that way.

Arctic White, red/gray

wait just a minute and I'll post links to all the millions of other households that didn't have a break in I don't take to heart anything I read from any of the agenda driven web sites whether it's right or left. Sure if you search around the web you can find stories on pretty much anything. That knife cuts both ways because then the left can post link after link to how banning shit lowers violent crime. I just don't buy any of it from any of them.
    You are the one who brought up insurance earlier. Do you have home insurance? The probability that your home will be broken into(since you live in a nicer area) or burn down are small. But you still have insurance right? I can show a million households that haven't burnt down or been broken into. Does that mean you should get rid of your insurance?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

You are the one who brought up insurance earlier. Do you have home insurance? The probability that your home will be broken into(since you live in a nicer area) or burn down are small. But you still have insurance right? I can show a million households that haven't burnt down or been broken into. Does that mean you should get rid of your insurance?
    now we've circled back around to odds. The odds of my house burning are far greater than me needing to shoot someone 15 times or even once.

Arctic White, red/gray

now we've circled back around to odds. The odds of my house burning are far greater than me needing to shoot someone 15 times or even once.
    Says you, yet you have no realistic numbers to base your assumptions off of.

Let me show you some. Now these are somewhat generic numbers as there are factors that change from area to area and based on ones actions of course. But across the US in 2010 the chances your house would have a house fire would be 1 in 16,000(that's not a fully burned home, just a house fire causing damage). In 2010 the number of WHITE victims of violent/property crimes was 17.10 per thousand. Minorities have a much higher chance of being a victim of a violent/property crime crime but since you are white I just posted those numbers. If we multiply that by 16 we get 273.60 per 16,000 white people are the viticms of violent/property crimes.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 01-22-2014 at 07:22 AM.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

well...the left can post stuff "saying" banning weapons lowers crime, but the numbers show the opposite...just sayin lol
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

blue
    1999 TransAm

...like i said before, ...the only real question is "what is needed", given the case you draw the short straw in life... sure the odds of it happening are low, ...but when your luck runs out, THEN, what?... We anticipate that although the odds of drawing the short straw may be low, we also don't want to be "needlessly ineffective", let alone helpless, in our pursuits against evil...

the truth of the matter is that you don't have 100% control over everything in your life, even if you use good opsec, avoid "bad areas", etc, etc, there's no guarantee you won't bet struck... given i "can" do something to prepare for the uncertainty, ...why not do it? why carry 5 when you can carry 15, 20, etc?... i don't see the "need" for one to unecessarily hamstring one's ability to effectively survive the uncertain attack...

hint: talk so some instructors or LEOs about their experiences in conflicts w/ two-legged predators, and you'll learn that there's really no such thing as being over-prepared...

Thread Information