Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Black
    99 SS

oh and you dont have to be a MOD to help people.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert
    You do know that if I did make those users who have warnings, Moderators. I would also get crap for that. There is no way to please everyone.

Not from reg members if the warnings are for something BS that you can look up and see then its not really that big of a deal. As it should be when they warn people they have to bring it up with you and another mod before handing out stuff to see if its worthy of the warning.

I mean if they are mods of a tech forum and have no powers outside of it what would be the big deal anyway? The ones who WOULD care do not even go to those sections anyway so its not a big deal.

Black
    99 SS

i just dont see a problem here

It will make the tech people who post in there feel beter and go thier more if a mod is answering questions and filling it up with good information. It would also make that tech person post more if he knew he was responsible for that section.

i just dont see a problem here

So do not stress over it Let us rant and vent.

Black
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrus
    It will make the tech people who post in there feel beter and go thier more if a mod is answering questions and filling it up with good information. It would also make that tech person post more if he knew he was responsible for that section.
    if you have a lot of posts then why not?? would u rather here it from a mod with some or little experience or a regular member who has X amount of posts?

Black
    99 SS

this discussion went from a slow board to mods

if you have a lot of posts then why not?? would u rather here it from a mod with some or little experience or a regular member who has X amount of posts?

Because it looks like the site cares instead of leaving it up to a member to take care of what the site should be doing.

Black
    99 SS

buy the members are the site if we were not here there would be no LS1.com or LS1tech or LS2.com get what im saying?

1966 Corvette Coupe

this site needs members bad... with memebers would come the need to expand to a better server... the need to fix alot of problems and the tech sections would improve and so forth so on... but this site looks like its devoted to dicking off... there are forums with no mods (and 4 threads) and the AAG section has like 16 mods...

i can remeber when this site actually had info on it and ppl actually came around... i have been trying to tell ppl around my town to look us up... i wear my ls1.com shirt to car shows and large public gatherings trying to spread the word... and ive had a few ppl email me and tell me basically thanks but no thanks, its not what they are looking for in an automotive community...

ive been a member for about 2 maybe 3 years (which is nothing compared to some of you), but its sad when i can tell you what most of these members drive because there are like 50 ppl that actually hang around... what happened to some of them like sarge? where the hell is sarge? that guy new his shit, but apparently he isnt around anymore...

and i hate it when i am on the same side as bigrus, but hes right... alot of ppl that know thier shit are out of the running for mod status because of a warning... im not saying they should be able to run rampant, but 1 warning every year... come on... or start dropping some mods for breaking the rules like you do us common folk...

and kill these damn trains... make a descent frigging chat room... apparently it will work since ppl are training ever night...

-me

Quote Originally Posted by predator
    this site needs members bad... with memebers would come the need to expand to a better server... the need to fix alot of problems and the tech sections would improve and so forth so on... but this site looks like its devoted to dicking off... there are forums with no mods (and 4 threads) and the AAG section has like 16 mods...

i can remeber when this site actually had info on it and ppl actually came around... i have been trying to tell ppl around my town to look us up... i wear my ls1.com shirt to car shows and large public gatherings trying to spread the word... and ive had a few ppl email me and tell me basically thanks but no thanks, its not what they are looking for in an automotive community...

ive been a member for about 2 maybe 3 years (which is nothing compared to some of you), but its sad when i can tell you what most of these members drive because there are like 50 ppl that actually hang around... what happened to some of them like sarge? where the hell is sarge? that guy new his shit, but apparently he isnt around anymore...

and i hate it when i am on the same side as bigrus, but hes right... alot of ppl that know thier shit are out of the running for mod status because of a warning... im not saying they should be able to run rampant, but 1 warning every year... come on... or start dropping some mods for breaking the rules like you do us common folk...

and kill these damn trains... make a descent frigging chat room... apparently it will work since ppl are training ever night...

-me

Its a dead argument the ones with the most post/most of the mods also post on the train never really leaving it so its a lose/lose on this part.

I agree people like sarge knew their shit and the BS warning they get take them out of the running. If everyone was denied mod status because of thier warnings im sure there would maybe be 2 mods left out of the whole board.

Hell they lost a good person who knew her shit as a mod for most of the tech sections.

And if ed does not have time to fix the front page im sure if he posted in the AAG for someone to design a new front page for the site he would have one in the first day that would be way better. Hell i will ask if the thread will not get locked.

For those who think the site is fine the way it is wait until brad loses all his sponsors for good becase there is barley any traffic on the site. You think he will pay for it out of his own pocket? Do all of you really want to go to a place like ls2.com where they police you so hard you feel like they have a camera up your ass?

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

I did consider Sarge as a MOD. But he was starting so much crap. I didn't think he would be a good one. Knew his tech stuff though.

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

Isn't there some kind of probation for new mods anyway? It's not like "once a mod always a mod" thing. If a member has been here a long time and they get one warning you could just watch them for awhile. I make no secret i'd love to be a mod of the vette forum or some other tech section far away from the AAG/politics to help this site out. You should look in this thread and see that you pick mods from people that really care about the site. That's why me, pred, bigrus and boner are all here posting because we really care about this site. As anyone that has ever been to the politics section knows me and bigrus don't get along about anything. Yet if he modded the general tech section or something that wouldn't bother me because he is helping out with the site and it has nothing to do with politics. Mods should be picked from those that want to truely help instead of from people that only kinda care but have no warnings.
    Last edited by CaptainCaveMan; 05-31-2006 at 05:21 PM.

1966 Corvette Coupe

see thats the thing... i pmed sarge so many times asking him questions and he NEVER hesitated... i didnt even have a car and he would tell me anything he ask... you need that... does it matter if he got into it with ppl... NO...

i think your holding the scuffles we have a lil high... we are like brothers around here... we call each other dipshits... and laugh at each other, but i feel that if i went on a road trip and had trouble someone on here would help me out...

and do i think that new members would see a mod in a heated discussion and say wow i really dont want to be here?... NO... (they might say that when they saw some of the other stuff) i would think they would see post like Mad's and say wow these ppl are really close... and for every argument there are atleast 5 good laughs... and its not like we team up on newbs... well unless they are dicks, but thats just opeing yourself up for a bitch slap from a six armed godess...

-me
    Last edited by predator; 05-31-2006 at 05:24 PM.

1966 Corvette Coupe

my warning is gone.... HA HA HA.... what you say now?

did it expire or did you take it away?

if it just expired that is friggin ironic...

Black
    99 SS

STILL see the warning, lol

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

It's still there

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert
    I did consider Sarge as a MOD. But he was starting so much crap. I didn't think he would be a good one. Knew his tech stuff though.

You gotta admit alot of his were for people baiting him and he was just defending himself.

1966 Corvette Coupe

yeah its back

damn logo just must not have loaded...

shit it got me all excited about irony... did he ever answer if these things actually go away?

-me

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information