Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Ouch!! Sorry to hear about your Bird Where did it happen?? Looks like Arrowhead

Black
    2001 WS6

thanks. it was right at union hills and 83rd. right at the wendy's there before u go to the 101.

Black
    2001 WS6

Also, I'm gonna give that adjuster the argument of his life. I'm not gonna let them easily junk my car. I've spent the past year trying to fix it up, including recently dumping $2,000 into the trans for a new clutch, master, and slave cyl, aaaand a new input shaft. All the money replacing the whole exhaust system as well. I'm also going to make the argument that that girl, really messed up the next few years of my life. I still owe 14,000 on the loan i took out for the trans am. The t/a isnt on that loan because it was an out of state car, so I had to put my 02 vette on the chopping block with a lien. So its like the t/a doesnt exist as far as the loan goes. I dont drive the vette cuz the insurance is so high, because my dad was listed on the insurance until he passed away 2 years ago. So now, if they total the car, i'd have to take whatever they gave me, and go get another t/a, which means whatever they gave me didnt cover, gets added to the loan, which means higher payments, which means i cant move out of my house because I wont make enough to cover everything on my own. I was gonna move back east, but thats not gonna happen now.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

How the fuck you know what they woulda been taking her to the hospital I dont give a fuck, my damn ta I bought with my money that earned getting shot at and blown the fuck up everyday for a year. And to run her pieace of shit ass car in your car is another, just because she has a pieace of shit car doesnt mean she can ram it into your nice ass car, they would be having a fuckin time with me damn that pisses me off just seeing that inconsiderate people not paying attention driving needs your undivided attention at all times so this shit doesnt happen. Good luck man I hope the best for you!!

Black
    2001 WS6

thanks man i appreciate it. people out here just dont give a fuck. she has a 91 regal, an effing tank. She was under 20 i bet, she looked under 20. Kind of a punk look to her, and she tried to beat traffic so she wouldnt be stuck at the light. People out here just dont care. An intersection in my area, people constantly just blow right through the stop sign. I always wait a few moments after stopping before i go through it because im coming from a side street. There's alot of hoidy toidy snobs back here that think they're too good for stop signs, so they just go right through. If you confronted them they'd argue that they didnt do anything wrong. That's their mentality. I told my gf that if she moves out here, she isnt allowed to get a motorcycle ( or scooter in her case) because people just dont pay attention, and that was a prime example of why. I'm going to put up the fight of my life to save this car, because if it gets totaled, its gonna fug alot of things up for me in the next few years.

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

keep up with the fact it is a real ws6 not just a v6 firebird with a ram air hood a real ws6 will be harder to find and is worth more

Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Yeah traffic suck in that area, Esp with the kiddies headed to the mall and bars around there. I ve had a few close calls there. Hope you can keep your car!

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by Ramairgod84 View Post
    Also, I'm gonna give that adjuster the argument of his life. I'm not gonna let them easily junk my car. I've spent the past year trying to fix it up, including recently dumping $2,000 into the trans for a new clutch, master, and slave cyl, aaaand a new input shaft. All the money replacing the whole exhaust system as well. I'm also going to make the argument that that girl, really messed up the next few years of my life. I still owe 14,000 on the loan i took out for the trans am. The t/a isnt on that loan because it was an out of state car, so I had to put my 02 vette on the chopping block with a lien. So its like the t/a doesnt exist as far as the loan goes. I dont drive the vette cuz the insurance is so high, because my dad was listed on the insurance until he passed away 2 years ago. So now, if they total the car, i'd have to take whatever they gave me, and go get another t/a, which means whatever they gave me didnt cover, gets added to the loan, which means higher payments, which means i cant move out of my house because I wont make enough to cover everything on my own. I was gonna move back east, but thats not gonna happen now.
    I understand what you're saying here, but none of that really matters. Whether a car is totaled or not is a simple equation. It all comes down to what the car is worth and whats it gonna cost to fix it. If the repair cost is more than 75%(varies by state) of the car's value, its totaled. You can always buy it back and used the insurance money (plus your own money, if needed) to get it fixed.

Black
    2001 WS6

yea thats what they told me. I did the nada thing today, and my car is worth either 9k, or 11k. im sure it'll be close. I havent heard from her insurance company today. I finally called a little while ago, and the guy i talked to said that they wont authorize even a rental till they talk to the girl, which appearently they havent. So now I get to go all weekend with this bs. I know i more or less went on a rant in my last post, but just one little thing causes all this trouble. What i said before is the background for it, why i have to fight to make sure they dont total the car.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I didn't read all the replies so excuse me if I'm repeating. I'm sure people have told you that it's totalled.......no way that's not a total loss due to the extent of the damage versus the cars monetary value. I would imagine your rear subframe is toast.

That being said.....you don't even want that car back. There's so much damage to that car it will NEVER be right again. Buy it back, part it out, and put that money towards a low mileage f-body and call it a day. Sorry to hear about that happening to you and it sucks for sure but trust me when I tell you that you don't even want that car back.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

The BEST outcome is that OP gets a new bird and this walking tampon holder's insurance rates skyrocket to the point she can no longer own/operate a motor vehicle for a few years. Who knows...she may be close to the suspension list right now.

sunset orange/ black
    two 2001 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by Ramairgod84 View Post
    yea thats what they told me. I did the nada thing today, and my car is worth either 9k, or 11k. im sure it'll be close. I havent heard from her insurance company today. I finally called a little while ago, and the guy i talked to said that they wont authorize even a rental till they talk to the girl, which appearently they havent. So now I get to go all weekend with this bs. I know i more or less went on a rant in my last post, but just one little thing causes all this trouble. What i said before is the background for it, why i have to fight to make sure they dont total the car.
    r u sure thats the valuation of your car,once again my 99 totalled at 10300.00

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Ya gotta play the waiting game. Police have to file the accident reports, then ya have to call the PD to find out when you can get your report. Then you have to contact yours and hers insurance company. THEN you have to WAIT for an adjuster to look at your car...THEN you have to hear from HER insurance company. Man I hated that!!

Black
    2001 WS6

It's just rediculous because as im sure you all felt the same, I wanna get this shit over with, and either them get workin on fixin my car, or me find another bird. I've already found 2 possibles. It just puts a hold on everything going on right now. I tried lookin up that girl on facebook to message her to call her insurance company on monday but her name doesnt come up. I dont want to call her and risk me saying something mean. I think it's gonna be close between totaling, and fixing.

silver
    1999 Z-28 camaro

RamAir.....a few things here.
    - Sorry about the bird man! I have truly fallen for these cars!
    - I think Orion said it.....after the subframe has been tweaked, she'll never be the same. Kind of lie a woman you know has been...well, yeah...nevermind.
    - do yourself the favor, DON'T try to contact this chick one on one. I did that with the one accident I've been in. Things I said to the girl got "misconstrued" and her mother tried telling the police/ ins. that I admitted guilt. Also, she admitted to me being stoned at the time, yet because I had a CDL, I HAD TO get drug/alc. test immediatley.

anyway, just trying to help you not "F" yourself in this situation. Good luck bro.

Black
    2001 WS6

Yea thanks bro, no I dont think i will contact the girl. Her insurance company is a joke tho. They wont do a thing until they've heard from her. They have the police report, and everything else, just not her statement. I called up last night and someone there said again they cant authorize a rental car even until she's called them. I said so me being the victim, and losing my car probably, im supposed to just keep suffering? and possibly miss more work because you people cant get your shit together? I said i hope someone's gonna comp me for my work missed. I tried calling my insurance company to get them to start goin after hers, and all they said was that i could rent a car and then be reinbursed, which i fired back that i didnt have the money for a rental car for god knows how long, not to mention i didnt want to spend all that then wait weeks to be reinbursed. This world really does scare me, because its like a giant shark tank. Once youre in it, everyone tries to eat you and suck you dry (like a leech). Any way they can screw you over so they dont have to put out money. Seriously how do businesses stay open??

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

the true problem is the insurance companies......they take everyones money then dont want to payout when they need too.......and when they do they short cut every possible way so your car ends up being a pos when they are done.........bastards

Black
    2001 WS6

What I think I'll also do to help my case here with the adjuster, is ill have a copy of my bank statements of everything i had to do to the car to fix it up. 4 new rims, new front tires, $2000 worth of trans work- new clutch and input shaft. a new thermostat, new y pipe/manifolds. maybe that'll help

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Sorry to see those pics...is that Union Hills?? Only accident I've ever been in happened just one mile south of there at Bell/101

Black
    2001 WS6

yep thats it. 83rd and union hills.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information