Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by pmolina0436 View Post
    Just curious?? But what was wrong with the kit...you say "it you were trying to sell in the past was lambasted by many for the reasons posted above by Sarge."..
    what they were talking about was the first kit i made which i had on my car a few years ago,the welds were really bad as they had been gone over to fix holes car went 10.9 at 128mph with it.the kit I have on my car now has been mostly tig welded by a freind.here is one of the tig welds on the exhaust outlet. heres one of the bov before it goes up to the throttle body
    here is one of the inlet to the throttle body and for referance look at the weld on this drive shaft this is done by a machine..
    Last edited by qwkgto; 01-27-2009 at 08:49 AM.
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

phantom black
    2006 GTO

just my 2 cents, i have a Gen TT setup on my 2006 GTO. i paid $5,092 that was 2 1/2 yrs ago and the fuel rails, fuel pump, injectors etc. all extra $$$$$$ the hardest part was the fabrication of exhaust, cooling, oil, & brackets THIS was suppose to be "bolt on" and don't forget the turbo custom cam. I LOVE THE SYSTEM. MY hats off to those real gearheads that build your own custom kit. after all trubos are turbos just add everything else. i would personally buy your setup, but you are 21/2 years late. thats sound like a great deal.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

thanks man,how many psi are you running,I still have stock cam,what kinda times are you putting down,,after you get blown theres no going back!Most people dont have a clue about the setup of a FI car wether its turbod or nitrous,certain thing still need done,even a new kit requires some sort of fab work,read the forums they all have had their perks.APS had the air oil pump and boost lines sucking shut on them,dont get me wrong im not trying to knock anyones kit,they all work ,just all have issues,this has been on my car for two season I have put it through the trials,it works and if its not sold ill install it on my car again these turbos are capable of 30 psi more then any of us are going to use on a lsx motor.

phantom black
    2006 GTO

hey ur welcome guy. most people don't know of what it takes to do an turbo install. i didn't know, i worked on many cars but that just basic mechanics, till i brought my GTO. i had to be in on the install, damn it kicked my ass, there was always something going wrong end product is what counts?? it is still a work in progress and now i need better bigger brakes, better suspension.... maybe a 408...i'm just waiting for the money to fall from heaven!!

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

lol yes all those bolt on name brand turbo kits are not just bolt on for example the gen TTR kit .the car had to be cut all up, I did not want to cut up my new $35,000 car,this was the main reason I designed my own setup, this is the most complete and most user freindly kit,I know of with the vband clamps all the exhaust just bolts together and the are pretty much leak proof.makes it alot easier to ship also.again im not knockin anyone kit just stating examples,I beleive anyone who spends their money should shop and get the facts comparing apples for apples.my kit can easily be put on in a day,less by an experienced mechanic,headers are the longest part to the install anyone who has put them on the GTO knows what a pain in the ass they are to install.there is one hole to be cut thats under where the factory air cleaner box is,otherwise this is a true bolt together kit.
    Last edited by qwkgto; 01-28-2009 at 01:49 AM.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

here is some info i found on the net...
    APS Kit
    Pros:
    -Stealth. You can't see the turbo's from the top side without looking down the exhaust manifolds.
    -COMPLETE kit. They include everything down to a battery tray which angles your battery so the tubing will clear.
    -Custom exhaust manifolds. Probably some sort of CNC'd cast setups that seem to flow well, but I don't know the details there.
    -Less cutting involved that GenTT

Cons:
    -Turbo size is restricted for future upgrades. I know they're working on it, but there are very few alternatives at this point in time.
    -APS isn't always easy to reach for customer service.
    -There WERE problems with intake tubes collapsing at ~8+psi (don't know the exact psi).
    -Oil return system (compared to the genTT).. Since the turbo's are mounted low, there has to be some sort of scavenging pump to return oil to the pan.

Gen TTR
    Pros:
    -Badass turbos. I never did see which turbos come with the APS kit, but the Gen TTR kit comes with the ball bearing 2871's, which according to the GenTT site, can see 10psi at 2800 RPM.
    -Awesome underhood appearance. I think the turbo's hanging out there in your face looks awesome.
    -Customer service - Martin has always responded in a reasonably timely manner for being on a pretty much opposite timezone than we are.
    -Gravity oil return - No scavenging pump to worry about.
    -Looks to be a complete kit as well. Even includes a battery relocation kit that is required.

Cons:
    -Looks like some substantial cutting involved, but none of it is seen while the kit is installed. In fact, the cuts that are made appear to be something you could make a clean cut, and weld back in place later (if the kit is removed) with no ill effects.

Thats pretty well been my take on the two kits. You'll have to make your own mind up about which one to go with, but for the installed price thats offered on the Gen TTR kit, I think you'd be crazy to go with the APS kit.

Oh yeah, and underhood temps will be higher with the GenTTR. How much? I don't know. ECU (tuning?) will be the same for either.
    and the cost...$7650.00 Installed in include you installing the 60 LBS inj, and a boost a pump, intank 255lph or 340lph.

Plus the cost of the tune?
    just an FYI for everyone. the GENN T.T. kit will be going up in FEB, because GARRETT will be raising there cost of the Turbos......sorry,.......... another $400 for the kit. I just was reading all this on cough cough another forumn

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by pocket rocket View Post
    hey ur welcome guy. most people don't know of what it takes to do an turbo install. i didn't know, i worked on many cars but that just basic mechanics, till i brought my GTO. i had to be in on the install, damn it kicked my ass, there was always something going wrong end product is what counts?? it is still a work in progress and now i need better bigger brakes, better suspension.... maybe a 408...i'm just waiting for the money to fall from heaven!!
    I have a super deal on a totally new Pedders package for less than cost.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

ill pay shipping send it to me..lol

phantom black
    2006 GTO

yes there was alot of cutting w/ GenTT, BUT if you close your eyes it's not that bad. really i like your deal. i have been trying to reach a friend of mine, he also has a 2006 GTO and was looking into FI. I don't know if he has seen this post. he might have been scared off by the "sarge", by the way sarge that your last post was it aimed at me? i know the sarge he is just looking out for guys and web site and has that felon lady would say "that's a good thing". hey sarge will you take IOU??
    the Gen TT does heat up but the turbo covers that comes with the kit are just Great. To all I say build your own kit you will feel great and proud of your ride, and they may not say it but they will respect you for. you will know this when they ask for advice. motivation come from sitting next to a driver w/ FI engine and it throws back into the seat and you have the large stupid smile on your face life is great!!

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yes it was aimed at you......The entire package is at Lesters unopened and he just wants to get it out of his shop......I mean a deal....

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

qwkgto I think you should take a dollar for every hour it is for sale off.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    O ...ok I see how you are ONLY if you pay me the diffrence lol..cheap shot,Ii see how you are....

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Id say a good 5 bucks every hour

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by qwkgto View Post
    O ...ok I see how you are ONLY if you pay me the diffrence lol..cheap shot,Ii see how you are....
    No I sell shit all the time like this. Folks even mildly interested freak out as it drops $24 dollars a day then get nervous about somebody else getting it and get their ass of the fence and buy.

phantom black
    2006 GTO

still waiting 4 the money to fall from heaven, so Sarge how much money needs fall 4 this great package deal?? by the way where have you been hiding out with monster "408"

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Nowhere....I put in a all new rear end/axles/front struts and springs....engine stiffy....just some winter bullshit.....
    Here is the Pedders package stuff....regular around $2600
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104844

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Hey did anyone know I have a turbo kit for sale...lol

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by qwkgto View Post
    Hey did anyone know I have a turbo kit for sale...lol
    did you really use those turbos off ebay to run 10s!!!

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

whats wrong with ebay?its the best place to buy everything,,,

qwkgto, in a year or two I'm going to get an '05 or '06 goat, if your still in Ohio then do you think it might be possible for you to do a turbo install? I don't want to go at a turbo install alone as I have no experience whatsoever with turbochargers.

Thread Information